Sony The PlayStation Platinum Club

1 more platinum for me: Dragon Age Inquisition. My game says I've put in about 95 hours. It can definitely be done in less than that. That time includes completing all 3 DLC (though I still have some trophies left in the last DLC). Also, you can beat the game in one play through instead of doing two. I would guess if you are insanely good, you could get the platinum in 50-60 hours.
This can now be upgraded to 100%. Final time was 107 hours. The DLC is an absolute slog, although there are ways to make it more efficient than I did.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
#60: Dragon's Dogma 2

Pretty happy to have this game at the 60 milestone. 130 hours later and I got the Platinum. Objectively, it's a pretty easy platinum and just time consuming. I did a blind playthrough and then did NG+ speedrun and clean up. This will be one of those rare games that I still continue to play after platinum. It's my favourite game in recent memory (surpassing Elden Ring), - albeit not for everyone, so if you're considering getting it make sure you do your research. Oh and all the negativity about bs like microtransactions and fast travel? Completely overblown.

Just completed: Forspoken. It took me 37.5 hours total. It actually took longer to do all the clean-up of collectibles than it did to beat the game. You could stretch out the story, but all you'd be doing is front loading some of the collectibles. I didn't mind because the game play is pretty fun, so it was easy to throw on a podcast or album and just zone out.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
100%ed The Light in the Darkness. Short little game about what it was like being a jew in France during World War II.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
#61: Unpacking

Don't judge! Okay, judge. I've been chipping away at this as a laid back game to play with the wife. It's short and really easy - It's basically a puzzle game where you unpack stuff into gradually bigger houses as you go through life. It tells a story of growing up and falling in love, or some shit. Or it's just a random thing to do when you're bored.

I'm on the last trophy I need for 100% GTA4 completion and holy shit is it annoying. You have to score 100% in every mission in GTA4: TBoGT. Each mission has objectives like speedrunning it, accuracy, # of headshots, etc. Mercifully you don't have to get them all in one go, but you will still find yourself replaying missions over and over and over again just to get one obnoxious goal. Most of the missions are just obnoxious, but one in specific is downright demonic.

No. 3 has you racing extremely fast cars with bad traction on an extremely narrow path (smaller than a one-lane road) around blind turns that can have you flying into the water. Pop-in occurs with items that can get under your tires and send your car careening out of control. At the end, you have to nail 4 jumps in a row in order to pass the mission, and if you hit them the wrong way, or too fast, or too slow, or even just if the physics decide to be a cunt, you can fail. There's also a section with a forced perspective along a narrow trash-littered path that completely fucks with your orientation and can fuck you up too. Oh, and if the timed objective isn't difficult enough, you have to stay close enough to the lead car the entire driving segment. You can't get into a single accident. There's no great indication of when you failed this objective. Just gotta complete the mission and find out.

The person who designed this requirement was fucking unhinged.

Just got the platinum for Assassin's Creed: Origins today. I must admit that I found a strong parallel to Forspoken as far as getting the platinum goes. At least half of the time is spent just cleaning up random POIs. Granted, the map in this game is much denser, but it doesn't change the fact that the requirements for the plat are quite repetitive.

The strange thing is that there are tons of side quests and the platinum requires barely any of them. You'd think they'd encourage you to play the more creative parts of the game rather than clearing the same camps over and over again.

I'm going to start on the DLC later this weekend.

Apologies for, uh, how long it's been since I actually looked at the thread last. This has been an... interesting month. 👀

But, I have a brief little staycation goin' on so yay freedom. Also, yay actually playing a non-MMO video game again.

#12 - Drakengard 3 [PS3]
Bought the game Day 1 back in 2014 because I really, super adored NieR. But it's me - I was heavy into FF11 at the time, and then got into FF14 soon thereafter, so didn't actually fire the game up 2018. Played through the game until right before the true ending, and it's... like, not a good game. At all. Everything about it is janky (in a bad way!), framerate is horrible, hit detection is questionable. However, if you have an extremely juvenile sense of humor my god is this the game for you. Just wall-to-wall dick, sex and fart jokes. Every single character is an over-the-top horny specimen with what can best be described as, uh, an obsession with their particular kink.

...They did very much forget to actually add in a fully coherent story, though. Like nobody really gets any proper character development, the narrative itself is immensely confusing even if you know all of D1 and NieR's lore, and as mentioned the game is just... not good. And then, uh, that true ending. D3 is one of the only games I have ever hard dropped before finishing, and that's because Ending D is a fucking travesty. I've ranted about it a couple of times over the last year, and you can look it up pretty easily if you're curious, but... yeah. Dropped the game in April 2018, didn't pick it back up and finish Ending D until January 2019, proceeded to immediately drop the game again after. But gone back and knocked out all of the DLC and the long, obnoxious grind to fully upgrade weapons - and now it's done and dusted forever.

finally fkn got it
Fuckin' madlad, yo. The amount of random bullshit GTA4 expects is honestly pretty crazy!

The strange thing is that there are tons of side quests and the platinum requires barely any of them. You'd think they'd encourage you to play the more creative parts of the game rather than clearing the same camps over and over again.
This is strangely the case with a lot of AC games, and... it's sort of a mixed bag IMO. Like on the one hand they should definitely have stopped with the obnoxious "clean up the map" style achievements after the very first game, particularly if other parts of the game are better and the player experience would benefit more from doing those instead. On the other hand, it's kind of nice not having to do literally everything for the Plat/comp if it's not your jam. Which, I suspect, will be especially true whenever it comes time to handle Odyssey and Valhalla.

DLC is usually the worst part, too. But fingers crossed it's not too bad!

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD
Fuckin' madlad, yo. The amount of random bullshit GTA4 expects is honestly pretty crazy!
GTA5 is worse but at least it's more fun.
The online stuff get munch a butt, though. It sucks having to coordinate with and depend on up to three other players to get a single trophy -- while also hoping that said trophy doesn't bug out and not pop for no reason at all.

If you are looking for one partner for GTA V, let me know. I think we're in wildly different time zones, and I'd need to rebuy PS+, but I've barely played online and am dreading those trophies (and ideally, the DLC ones too, but one step at a time for me).
Sorry, I'm pretty much finished the GTA5 trophies too. I just have to do some apartment heists again but that should only take a few hours I guess.

Just got the platinum for Assassin's Creed: Origins today. I must admit that I found a strong parallel to Forspoken as far as getting the platinum goes. At least half of the time is spent just cleaning up random POIs. Granted, the map in this game is much denser, but it doesn't change the fact that the requirements for the plat are quite repetitive.

I'm going to start on the DLC later this weekend.
AC: Origins can be upgraded to 100% Took just under 55 hours to get the platinum and beat all 3 DLC packs.

The DLC was fine - two of the three packs were more of the same. The other one was like a walking history simulator of ancient Egypt, but I must admit that I just skipped as much of this as I could because it was not for me.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Continuing to work through the shorter games in my backlog so I can feel like I'm actually putting a dent in it.

#64: Tales of Kenzera: Zau
I'M NOT CRYING - YOU'RE CRYING. Okay but actually, this is a great game that has been the target of a bunch of racist bigots so it's a bit unfortunate. It doesn't revolutionize anything for metroidvanias but the emotional story it tells and the way it goes about it is something special. I talked a bit more about it here.

Back
Top Bottom