• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Very Important Text-Based D&D discussion

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
This is why you send the ranger/rogue ahead of the group. They'll likely have higher perception and spot things sooner. Or so they die first to the poison dart trap.
Ah so who'll be our sacrificial rogue?
Any volunteers?
Is there room for two in your shell?
For you? Absolutely.
Oh yeah speaking of risky party members, might wanna read your spells carefully. Some affect creatures you choose. Others affect all creatures in range, which includes your friends. And we are VERY fragile at level 1.
I'm assuming not all classes have spells? I don't think I had any.

Tuberius of Wadawurrung

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
I didn't. But at least with us we would have died much sooner.

And by us I mean I would have been killed and you by extension. Sorry.
titanic leonardo dicaprio GIF

• Haha
Reactions: TD

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
I'm assuming not all classes have spells? I don't think I had any.
Not all classes have spells, but if you're a bard you do. They're either considered half-casters or full casters I forget. Should be in the section where your inventory and stuff is on your character sheet, though. If you did quick build it probably picked some for you, but you can go in a swap stuff out.

Magni Kragtail

1703905035463.png

Also some spells are concentration spells (The little C symbol), meaning you can only be casting one of those at a time. And if you take enough damage at once while concentrating on a spell you might get broken out of it.

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Wonder if it's possible to have our character portraits also appear as our avatars in this forum too :thinking
I'm not trying to put too much demand on @Crystal and @Lee. They already went above and beyond to get the character names replaced in the quote blocks, I'm not going to worry about us having to keep the avatars as they are.

Plus I think @Christina said she'd start smiting people if they changed avatars and she couldn't tell who's who.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
I'm not trying to put too much demand on @Crystal and @Lee. They already went above and beyond to get the character names replaced in the quote blocks, I'm not going to worry about us having to keep the avatars as they are.

Plus I think @Christina said she'd start smiting people if they changed avatars and she couldn't tell who's who.
Would it be easier for me to add, say, a small text line underneath that shows your actual username? Save some of the confusion?

Edit -- actually, might need @Lee again, lol. Update the modification a bit.

Last edited:

Magni Kragtail

Honestly I have the same problem with telling people apart, but my brain just assumes you are all a big scary hivemind of the same person. The avatars definitely do make it easier to tell people apart even if we have our character as our name, though.

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Would it be easier for me to add, say, a small text line underneath that shows your actual username? Save some of the confusion?

Edit -- actually, might need @Lee again, lol. Update the modification a bit.
You could perhaps replace the custom title with the regular username. Stick it in parenthesis on the quote block after the character name. I wouldn't worry about the pictures/avatars though.

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Alrighty, @Lee managed to get the usernames showing underneath your character names, and for those with character portraits in place, they'll now show up as big avatars in front of your normal (now smaller) avatar. That way we can tell who is who, but you're also posting as your character :).

Our hero Lee strikes again!!
The Wire Reaction GIF

You two go above and beyond in nerd accommodation. Thank you!

The one thing my QA-ass does notice is an extra closing parenthesis in the quote block. And the / is a little superfluous in combination.

1000003945.jpg

Last edited:

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Your character image seems to be broken too.
I'm seeing the image fine on mine, BUT I did attach it to a post in the DM forum which isn't visible to everyone. I guess the permissions extend to attachment visibility too... 🤔

Also there's a big indent on the username, at least on mobile.

1000003949.jpg

Edit; I attached it to a public post, so I'd think the picture should be visible to all now.

Back
Top Bottom