The next wolf game

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a few extra words to say "he knows Vash really won quiplash"

Fish Shark GIF by Pudgy Penguins
I really don't think he cared one way or the other.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Dean is not coming back any time soon. I don't know anything about the last time, but he's gone.
And that happens sometimes. Maybe he'll be back one day, maybe he won't.

When I came back from hiatus I was hesitent to jump back in.

You know who brought me back in? Fool's Requiem.

The guy I lost my shit on a while ago for making a light hearted joke about my mom but it hit a trigger. He felt bad, I felt bad, we apologised to eachother, and we're good.

Yeah the guy I lost it on invited me to come play so I did and guess what? When these games go right they're a fucking blast.

And that happens sometimes. Maybe he'll be back one day, maybe he won't.

When I came back from hiatus I was hesitent to jump back in.

You know who brought me back in? Fool's Requiem.

The guy I lost my shit on a while ago for making a light hearted joke about my mom but it hit a trigger. He felt bad, I felt bad, we apologised to eachother, and we're good.

Yeah the guy I lost it on invited me to come play so I did and guess what? When these games go right they're a fucking blast.
I'm not denying any of this.

But you've said a few times now these games are salvageable with some changes, but there's no suggestions on how.

You've said you've tried to bring it up in the past but to no avail. I understand, but you can't fix something if you can't identify the root cause and change it there.

What I've seen is it's personal. Cole has said it. He's identified a few others before my time back. You've said it. Raine has alluded to it. Dean has said it. Vash has said it.

If the issue is primarily at the feet of those quitting, then there isn't much for the game itself that CAN be fixed to bring it back.

Like others, I've always looked at these games in a silo. Each player playing to their roles. I don't say or do things to trigger emotional personal responses (not purposely anyway) because it's like efeds for me all those years ago. I'm playing a role. But I can easily see those that have triggers and let that overcome them. And it's hard. Especially in the day and age where something, somewhere will affect someone. It's inevitable.

But the reality is, that we already had a limited contingent of those that play. And those numbers have dwindled even further. So unless people like you and Cole and Dean and others (I haven't heard much from Raine since the last game... and I'm not surprised) come back too, we just don't have the people to play. I'm not one to force anyone to play. And I won't. Because the forums are about the people and I'd rather they be here chatting with us all than leaving fully like Dean.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
But you've said a few times now these games are salvageable with some changes, but there's no suggestions on how.

The problem with trying to implement so many targeted rules is you never know what might trigger someone or when.

The simplest solution and I'm just going to say it:
There are no rules.

Anything said while playing the game whether it be day phases, dms, dead threads, or what - is within the context of the game.

If I go and rip into someone in Forum Statistics, that's an issue.

I'm a person with many triggers. I mean many. If you can't control those triggers, you walk away. You take a break. Maybe take meds if you got em or get high. You're in the middle of a game, go do some other shit then respond.
The game doesn't need to change.

The way we approach the game does.

Again as someone with many triggers, I'm responsible for managing my own triggers when they happen, that's a me thing.

Nobody here should be accountable for hitting someone else's trigger, it'll happen by accident, we apologize, hash it out, and move on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
The game doesn't need to change.

The way we approach the game does.

Again as someone with many triggers, I'm responsible for managing my own triggers when they happen, that's a me thing.

Nobody here should be accountable for hitting someone else's trigger, it'll happen by accident, we apologize, hash it out, and move on.

It sounds like extra work and something that could kill the fun if it’s done in a plastic way, but I wonder how people would feel about a pre-game bullshit thread to see where everyone is at mentally? You know, if this person is having family issues this week, everyone kinda takes note and is mindful of it. We really shouldn’t have to go about it this kind of way, and I hate the fact that I’m even suggesting it… but maybe starting off a game on different footing could help the course of it?

I don’t know if it was the roles or what, but your game didn’t seem to cause nearly the ripple effect that some of the others have. Same goes for @Tubby23 and his games. More often than not, I find myself on the side that agrees that certain roles play as the catalyst in those games that go off the rails on an emotional level… and both of y’all seemed to find a way to go off the rails without the same degree of tension.
I won't talk for Tubby, but I don't have cupid type roles. I can't say if it's that role that is the trigger necessarily, but I wanted my roles to have powers. Some standard, some unique, but I tried to keep the "you must change the way you play" style roles that will force backstabbing. There is always going to be a semblance of that for the evils to win because they need to deceive the town. But beyond lying about your roles and trying to deceive within the compounds of the game is always going to be a risk to set someone off. I hope to never have that because as the GM I don't know if I'd ever want to host again if my game is a reason why someone left the forums.

Now that everyone has been tagged watch it fill up and then start on the day I'm flying back cross country.
Is that day today!!?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I won't talk for Tubby, but I don't have cupid type roles. I can't say if it's that role that is the trigger necessarily, but I wanted my roles to have powers. Some standard, some unique, but I tried to keep the "you must change the way you play" style roles that will force backstabbing. There is always going to be a semblance of that for the evils to win because they need to deceive the town. But beyond lying about your roles and trying to deceive within the compounds of the game is always going to be a risk to set someone off. I hope to never have that because as the GM I don't know if I'd ever want to host again if my game is a reason why someone left the forums.

Then I wouldn’t let the shit that went down interfere with y’all’s games, then. You generated a good amount of interest with just your first run, and @Tubby23 has had a good turnout for each game of his so far, especially on the heels of the last conflict we had… which is a time most wouldn’t expect good results.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Reactions: TD
  • Hugs

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Count me in. I don't really check this forum for new threads so the best way to get me to sign up is to tag me.

As GM I was baffled he was lynched
It's because he "knew" (actually completely guessed) my role, so I assumed he had access to some kind of seer role and therefore couldn't be DLL.

I optimistically feel we're good now. Everyone knows where everyone is coming from I think.
I feel like you were one of the people most bothered by lies gone "too far", so if you feel that way, then maybe. Are you expecting people to play differently or are you changing how you interpret what people say?

I kinda like the idea of OOC posts being marked, but mostly because it'd be nice to know which posts I can skip over if I'm trying to catch up on the game.

• Cheers!

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I feel like you were one of the people most bothered by lies gone "too far", so if you feel that way, then maybe. Are you expecting people to play differently or are you changing how you interpret what people say?
1. I don't anticipate the exact scenario that perturbed me to occur again. Most of the people I would feel that level of empathy for aren't playing and of those that are, they aren't the type to pull that particular move.

2. I...have a plan.

I feel like my post declaring I've cancelled my retirement didn't carry the ominous tone I was looking for :link
I'm in idgaf mode, does that count? I'm gonna play this game with no thoughts at all. If anyone discerns anything I'm doing as either town or wolf, they are full of shit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom