The Hockey Thread

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

It's flawless logic. Things happen in threes. Edmonton? In. Vancouver? In. Toronto? In. All three Canadian teams in three different time zones being decided in a series tied... you guessed it. 3-3.

Joe Biden Wink GIF by GIPHY News
The best part is, Boston becomes the first team to choke a back-to-back 3-1 series lead and lose. History will be made!

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Just a reminder that McDavid is running at a 2.4 point per game pace right now

And that includes a game they won 1-0

Feels a waste to have a talent like that stuck in Deadmonton

Yeah. Knies like tapped Pasta barely.

Bs are giving up good shots in favor of the extra pass and it's not working.
Been the story of the series. Too damn fancy. McAvoy passing instead of shooting at the end of that PP had me fuming. Put. Pucks. On. Net. Stop trying for one time goals that just aren't there in the playoffs.

Their rushes have been much better. But someone has to tell them one-timers are not happening in the playoffs. Get bodies in front of the goalie and shoot. That's it. If it's blocked it's blocked, but one-timers lead to odd man rushes. Be better.
The one-timer works better when you've got an odd man rush going your way. When the numbers are even though, you gotta pepper the goalie with shots. Make him work, get some bodies screening him, get into the dirty areas. lots of playoff goals happen as a result of getting bodies in position.

Reactions: Jon
The one-timer works better when you've got an odd man rush going your way. When the numbers are even though, you gotta pepper the goalie with shots. Make him work, get some bodies screening him, get into the dirty areas. lots of playoff goals happen as a result of getting bodies in position.
Agreed. But in the playoffs, they are rarer, so it makes no sense. It's why players like Bertuzzi are good in the playoffs. He goes right to the net. Do that, get pucks there, anything happens. In the regular season, teams are more loose. In the playoffs? There's not enough room for it.

One thing I can say is that with the series being this close, hopefully that gives management reason not to act rash in the offseason. This series by rights could've been over in 5, but we managed to push it the entire distance. That should speak volume.
Listen, if you guys don't want Marner anymore, we'll gladly take him lol

Listen, if you guys don't want Marner anymore, we'll gladly take him lol
I think you could make the argument that big changes would be coming had the Leafs lost in 5. With the series this close however, that makes the decision A LOT harder. We might not have the right pieces to compliment the core yet, but the potential is still there. I think it's impressive we managed to hang in there despite the handicaps against us.

Reactions: Jon
Back
Top Bottom