The Hockey Thread

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
boy my red wings look like shit again this year

(pretend I make this post in the football/baseball/basketball threads as well but replace red wings with lions/tigers/pistons because it'll all still be true)

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Did somebody say hockey?
Oh, right, we have a Canadian, too. Whoops!
Most definitely. It's a good time to see it.
100%!
View attachment 375
This was 4 Halloweens ago

Edit: this was also my first pumpkin in damn near 2 decades. Based on the Connecticut Whale one, it looks like I've improved over the past few years.
Ah, the Boooins.
boy my red wings look like shit again this year

(pretend I make this post in the football/baseball/basketball threads as well but replace red wings with lions/tigers/pistons because it'll all still be true)
Poor Detroit, they haven't been able to properly rebuild in quite some time now.

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
oh don't get me started on the lions

really, don't, because this is a hockey thread, but don't get me started on the red wings either

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Hey isn't it cool how amazing the bruins were last year? Too bad they cancelled the playoffs so we will never know how many series they would have swept.
It was a bold charge, but they'd spent their powder.

Dance Looking GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

Completely expected at this point, and now it makes sense why it took a bit. The guy wrote a long retirement article.

He's my favorite player ever because I didn't truly begin to be a hockey fan until 2007. So I've only known hockey with him as a leader of the team. It's going to be a massive void to fill because he is that good in all phases of the game. It's tough because he is still really good, it's not like Chara when the game was passing him by at the end. But I respect that he wants to go out before he has any more debilitating injuries, especially since he just had his 4th kid.

I only two sports jerseys with names on them - Brady and Bergeron - it's going to be so weird losing two institutional players to retirement in the same year.

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
preseason is starting pretty soon, going to make baseless predictions in honor of it

Pacific
1) Vegas
2) Edmonton
3) Los Angeles
4) Vancouver (WC)
5) Seattle (WC)
6) San Jose
7) Calgression
8) Anaheim

Central
1) Colorado
2) Dallas
3) Minnesota
4) St. Louis
5) Nashville
6) Winnipeg
7) Chicago
8) Arizona

Metro
1) Carolina
2) The Nye Rangers
3) New Jersey
4) Pittsburgh
5) The Nye Islanders
6) Philadelphia
7) Ovechkin
8) Columbust

Atlantic
1) Florida
2) Toronto
3) Boston
4) Tampa Bay (WC)
5) Buffalo (WC)
6) AAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE
7) Ottawa
8) Montreal

Vegas over Seattle; Colorado over Vancouver; LA over Edmonton; Dallas over Minnesota; Carolina over Buffalo; Tampa Bay over Florida; New Jersey over the Rangers again; Boston over Toronto
Vegas over LA; Dallas over Colorado; Carolina over New Jersey; Tampa Bay over Boston
Dallas over Vegas; Carolina over Tampa Bay
Carolina over Dallas

I have no way to watch the Bruins. I have YoutubeTV but they don't have our local sports channel :(

I'm not paying for Fubo to just watch the Bruins and the NESN 360 app for them is only usable on phones and tablet. I tried streaming it to my TV last year but its so choppy.

Regardless, suck it Habs
When I moved to Florida from Mass, I followed the local teams more closely because of access. At the time, I was turned away from the Sox because of David Price (hate that dude). I turned from the Pats because Brady followed me here (but still follow the Pats; though I'd say I'm more a fan of football and don't have one rooted interest team). I never cared much for basketball, but Tampa doesn't have a team so the Celtics are still my team to root for there.

But the Bruins are my boys. I will never stop rooting for them. Hockey is my sport.

Should we also use this same thread to follow college hockey? It's very exciting to follow as well, and most of the top programs have a number of already drafted players on their teams. You can follow who the up and comers are before they go pro.

For instance: Cale Makar was drafted and then played two years for UMass prior to signing a professional contract. The NCAA has become a bit of a training ground for those players.

Edit: it's also a growing sport, with more teams starting up. I'd love to see more teams out west get in on this. There are a few, including some really good teams. ASU and Denver are up there. Now that Washington and Oregon are moving to the B1G for all sports, I'd love to see them get D1 hockey as well (the PNW should be a college hockey hotbed, just like the Northeast and Midwest).

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Should we also use this same thread to follow college hockey? It's very exciting to follow as well, and most of the top programs have a number of already drafted players on their teams. You can follow who the up and comers are before they go pro.

For instance: Cale Makar was drafted and then played two years for UMass prior to signing a professional contract. The NCAA has become a bit of a training ground for those players.

Edit: it's also a growing sport, with more teams starting up. I'd love to see more teams out west get in on this. There are a few, including some really good teams. ASU and Denver are up there. Now that Washington and Oregon are moving to the B1G for all sports, I'd love to see them get D1 hockey as well (the PNW should be a college hockey hotbed, just like the Northeast and Midwest).
Yes! 100% this thread can be for college hockey, minor league hockey, European hockey and more!

Back
Top Bottom