The Hockey Thread

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Hopefully Dallas can finish the job in game 6. I'm rooting for them to go far this year.
Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

I don't actually think the Bruins played poorly that period. They had some chances, but EVERYTHING was blocked. So it made it misleading. They weren't good, but it wasn't as one sided as game 5's first period.

They need to stop being so pretty. They gain the line, there is no one in front of the net and they try to make another pass or hold it too long before shooting. For the most part, the strat is simple. Gain the line, crash the net, and put bodies in front of the goalie. You're not getting the pretty one timers in the playoffs, so start just SHOOTING... it's aggravating watching them gain the line and the defense play tic tac toe. JUST SHOOT. lol

I don't actually think the Bruins played poorly that period. They had some chances, but EVERYTHING was blocked. So it made it misleading. They weren't good, but it wasn't as one sided as game 5's first period.

They need to stop being so pretty. They gain the line, there is no one in front of the net and they try to make another pass or hold it too long before shooting. For the most part, the strat is simple. Gain the line, crash the net, and put bodies in front of the goalie. You're not getting the pretty one timers in the playoffs, so start just SHOOTING... it's aggravating watching them gain the line and the defense play tic tac toe. JUST SHOOT. lol
The blocked shots is exactly what happened to the Leafs early on in the series. Lots of shot chances, but the Bruins blocked a ton.

Reactions: Jon

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
sad thing is whichever team fails to outchoke the other is just gonna get annihilated by Florida again

Reactions: Jon
I have to lean Leafs-ways, the B's have had success, they've got Monty (we miss you, Monty :( ), the Leafs need their turn now. :D

Yeah, he's very inconsistent.
Or not. I don't think they do. :p

That said, if he blows a 3-1 series lead two years in a row, I fire Monty. He's not worth it if he can't keep his team motivated.

Back
Top Bottom