The Hockey Thread

I think if Toronto was able to play Woll the whole series they might have won it. That's a good goalie right there (in the small sample size).
I don't think he's great but he's the old Tim Thomas argument. Thomas made all the easy saves look great because he was always out of position. It's why I and everyone else, clambered for Rask back in 2011. Rask was calm in the net. Made all the routine saves and then some spectacular ones. It wasn't until later in his career he started letting in softies. I see a lot of that in Woll, honestly (young Rask, not Thomas).

Dallas going from one monster team to another, the good news is the Avs didn't cheat.
They need to stop teams from circumventing the cap like that. It was bullshit teams like Tampa & Vegas could exploit the LTIR in order to unfairly stack their teams. Tampa did it with Kucherov and then Vegas with Stone, with both of them miraculously recovering just in time for the playoffs.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
dallas/avs: dallas probably
edmonton/vancouver: whichever team wins this series will get swept by whoever wins the dallas/avs series. book it
florida/boston: it would be really funny if boston blew another 3-1 lead is all im saying. but i also don't think boston could even win 3 games against this florida team. but also boston sports is the least predictable thing ever so
nyr/canes: yesterday didn't give me much hope let's just say that

Why must you all hurt me so...
Florida's a damn good team. No matter who won that first round, it's likely they get curb stomped the next round. Of course, that's how the matchup appears on paper. What happens though, remains to be seen. The playoffs have shown us throughout history that anything is possible, so I won't discount the possibility of Boston pulling off an upset either.

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
prolly gonna hit the aquarium! my friend group is the type to not have an itinerary until the day of so apart from the big day for my roommate/their spouse we don't have much planned. will be my first time in canada outside of one connecting flight over a decade ago (bought a molson canadian as my first "legal" alcohol purchase seeing as i was 20 at the time) so i'm excited! will be happy to hear any suggestions, we'll be there (american) memorial day weekend

Back
Top Bottom