The Hockey Thread

prolly gonna hit the aquarium! my friend group is the type to not have an itinerary until the day of so apart from the big day for my roommate/their spouse we don't have much planned. will be my first time in canada outside of one connecting flight over a decade ago (bought a molson canadian as my first "legal" alcohol purchase seeing as i was 20 at the time) so i'm excited! will be happy to hear any suggestions, we'll be there (american) memorial day weekend
If you're interested, the Hockey Hall of Fame might be worth checking out. I went there during my last visit, took some photos too.

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: Jon

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
prolly gonna hit the aquarium! my friend group is the type to not have an itinerary until the day of so apart from the big day for my roommate/their spouse we don't have much planned. will be my first time in canada outside of one connecting flight over a decade ago (bought a molson canadian as my first "legal" alcohol purchase seeing as i was 20 at the time) so i'm excited! will be happy to hear any suggestions, we'll be there (american) memorial day weekend
I haven't been to the Aquarium since when it first opened but from all accounts it's still really fun to go visit.

Enjoy!

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
If you're interested, the Hockey Hall of Fame might be worth checking out. I went there during my last visit, took some photos too.
noted! that even goes along with the theme bc my roommate's spouse is a hockey fanatic (he was a toronto fan up until they ditched their gm, is also a wild fan since childhood since he's from minnesota originally)

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
edmonton/vancouver: whichever team wins this series will get swept by whoever wins the dallas/avs series. book it
Season 1 Laughing GIF

I think I would feel better about losing this series in 5 (maybe even being swept) than I would about losing the last one in 7 by quite a large margin.

Anything else is just gravy.
Florida is a superior team. I'd rather them win 2-3 and show an underdog story than get blown out honestly.

Absolutely. That was a shot they needed to take and he realized it.

More of that please.
Yep, I said it the whole Leafs series. Forecheck, get players to the net and SHOOT.

What I'm REALLY really worried about has plagued the B's all season... GET THE PUCK OUT OF YOUR END.

If not for Swayman playing out his mind, this game wouldn't be close. Several 5-6 minutes straight of Florida in the B's end. Gotta clean that up or you're screwed.

Oh... and how about every time stupid ass Matt Tkachuck touches the puck YOU HIT HIS ASS INTO OBLIVION? Dude breaks under physical, he's a rat of old school Marchand (though Marchand never broke under physical). Gotta take the body on him every shift.

With none of those goals coming from players you'd expect.
Right?! And Pastrnak has two breakaways and can't score on either.

I was saying sit Brazeau and Lohri and they both score goals. Time to pick more targets for them to score next game.

SIT VAN RIEMSDYK AND BEECHER!

Fucking love that Carlo just had a baby and scored tonight though, good for him.

I'll take that game 1 win. Set a tone. Swayman play outstanding, hopefully getting in Florida's head like he was Toronto. Prove their secondary players will score too.

Good game for the B's showing they won't just roll over.
Swayman letting the team know he's got their backs is definitely providing a huge morale boost. On top of that, it appears blowing another 3-1 series lead in the first round was a wake-up call. The team was an inch away from making sports history for the wrong reason. That alone should give the Bruins a good swift kick in the ass and light a fuse.

Hopefully they turn that into a positive like they did last night. They fought hard for a well-earned win.

What a great win to start the series. That Florida team is legit. Just looking at their backend - Ekblad, E-L, Montour. All really good defensemen and the forwards are relentless. There were three times in the game where they could do whatever they wanted in the offensive zone.

I was glad the B's could counter it, but they need to be stronger for when Swayman eventually slips up. He's a huge lifeline right now.

Swayman letting the team know he's got their backs is definitely providing a huge morale boost. On top of that, it appears blowing another 3-1 series lead in the first round was a wake-up call. The team was an inch away from making sports history for the wrong reason. That alone should give the Bruins a good swift kick in the ass and light a fuse.

Hopefully they turn that into a positive like they did last night. They fought hard for a well-earned win.
I still think Florida wins this series. If Boston doesn't do something about literally letting them cycle and shoot for 2 minutes straight in their own end, this is going to be a long and frustrating series.

The score shows 5-1 win. But the ONLY reason they won was Swayman who has been a BEAST in the playoffs so far. I don't think that is going to keep up because he's on a historic pace right now. It was nice to see the Bruins get some pressure themselves, but Bobrovsky was off last night. Also not something I suspect will continue.

In the end, the formula is still simple. Forecheck, be physical deep, get bodies to the front and shoot. They did that last night and put up 5. Now tighten up in your own end and clear the puck better and you have a snowball's chance in hell.

Also, please don't play Patrick Brown again... I don't know why you sat Jesper Boqvist... but he's better (and faster) than Brown... who was a waste of a roster spot last night.

Also... SIT VAN RIEMSDYK AND BEECHER! :link

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
the last 7 canes losses in the playoffs (including last year's sweep by the panthers) have all come by one goal including one overtime, two double overtimes, and one quadruple overtime. the canes haven't won a playoff game in overtime since may 11 of last year. the canes power play is 0 for 10 in this current series...

it's so funny that this team was the favorite entering the playoffs

the last 7 canes losses in the playoffs (including last year's sweep by the panthers) have all come by one goal including one overtime, two double overtimes, and one quadruple overtime. the canes haven't won a playoff game in overtime since may 11 of last year. the canes power play is 0 for 10 in this current series...

it's so funny that this team was the favorite entering the playoffs
I will say it feels as if every single power play has dried up in the playoffs. Good or bad. Except maybe Edmonton's, but that's because McDavid is a fucking robot.

Back
Top Bottom