The Hockey Thread

Bruins much better in the second so far.

In the first, like I said back in game 1, the Leafs need to use their speed, Boston can't keep up. They did that in the first. In the second, they're trying to be too pretty and Boston playing more physical.

Not to mention... saves like Swayman just made is why he's in their head. I can see that becoming a "Here we go again" moment for the Leafs if they aren't careful.

Bruins much better in the second so far.

In the first, like I said back in game 1, the Leafs need to use their speed, Boston can't keep up. They did that in the first. In the second, they're trying to be too pretty and Boston playing more physical.

Not to mention... saves like Swayman just made is why he's in their head. I can see that becoming a "Here we go again" moment for the Leafs if they aren't careful.
Agreed, the Leafs need to go back to what brought them to the dance all these years in the first place. By doing the opposite of what they should be doing and utilizing their speed to their advantage, they're playing right into Boston's hands. This is the style of hockey the Bruins love to play. If we do that, we're gonna get beat.

Especially need to stress the last paragraph. This is what I'm afraid of. The Leafs are not the kind of team that strives under pressure. We've seen how this always plays out with this team. When they feel the pressure, they lose their composure. They begin to lose confidence in themselves, and the more prone they become to making mistakes. This team folds in the face of adversity. If the Bruins rally back & get in their heads, I can see that coming into play.

• Agree
Reactions: Jon
I'm trying to wrap my head around on how Toronto gets a PP from that scrum. What did Boston do that Toronto already didn't do themselves?

And when McAvoy went to question Kozari about the call, he yelled "fuck off" in McAvoy's face. The fuck?

Yeah, and seeing him grab, like VIOLENTLY grab both McAvoy and Pastrnak while letting Toronto skate away was incredibly off putting as a visual. Refs should NEVER touch a player like that. Something's been off from these refs all series, but that one actually bothered me.

Like this is hockey. PLAYOFF hockey. It's physical, emotional and tough. To some extent you need to let things go in scrums like that. But putting Toronto on the PP AND physically touching TWO of Boston's stars is borderline unacceptable.

All I could see was him telling them enough. But that was after he collared both of them.

Yeah, and seeing him grab, like VIOLENTLY grab both McAvoy and Pastrnak while letting Toronto skate away was incredibly off putting as a visual. Refs should NEVER touch a player like that. Something's been off from these refs all series, but that one actually bothered me.

Like this is hockey. PLAYOFF hockey. It's physical, emotional and tough. To some extent you need to let things go in scrums like that. But putting Toronto on the PP AND physically touching TWO of Boston's stars is borderline unacceptable.

All I could see was him telling them enough. But that was after he collared both of them.
I'm a Leafs fan through & through, but this is unacceptable officiating. This is conduct unbecoming of a referee.

rktaker

Off to OT we go.
Spongebob Squarepants GIF

We're still in it. Think we'll be facing Boston's wrath the next game though.
Nah, this is ripe for opportunity. The Bruins don't know how to close out a series under Montgomery. This defense is porous and the only time they actually cleared the front of the next, they were called for a penalty. It's not over by a long shot.

Nah, this is ripe for opportunity. The Bruins don't know how to close out a series under Montgomery. This defense is porous and the only time they actually cleared the front of the next, they were called for a penalty. It's not over by a long shot.
Leafs got lucky in this one. Not only were the Bruins asleep early on, but the officiating was skewed in favor of the Leafs tonight. We got by this one by the skin of our teeth.

• Hugs
Look, it gives us at least one more game to chat about. I ain't complaining.
Neither am I, but even so, the fact that the Leafs only managed to score 2 goals again continues the trend of our offense drying up. I figured tonight would've been ideal for offense to finally get going, but nope. They just can't light up Swayman.

Neither am I, but even so, the fact that the Leafs only managed to score 2 goals again continues the trend of our offense drying up. I figured tonight would've been ideal for offense to finally get going, but nope. They just can't light up Swayman.
On the bright spot, Woll was up to the task

we're never gonna get islanders vs rangers in the playoffs
Do you really want it if you're an Isles fan? :link

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
meanwhile in the other hockey game nobody cares about Islanders and hurricanes are tied at 3 at the end of 2
had a wonderful time watching that game with my wife and a friend of ours. got to see the extremely rare spectacle of a penalty shot in the playoffs and then there was that insane 2-goals-in-8-seconds sucker punch that broke the record for fastest time between two goals for the canes in the playoffs that was set...earlier in that series

canes/rangers is gonna be fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom