Discussion Tavern: The Wary Wolf

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
As she speaks, Runara's gaze shifts solemnly to the lifeless forms of Mek and Minn. Her expression is a mask of grief, her eyes reflecting the flames that had brought such devastation. She kneels beside Myla, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "They were brave," Runara speaks softly, her voice thick with emotion, "They chose to stand with you, in the end."
Cartoon Network Please GIF

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
@Ben - I went to level up, and I thought I just got the ability score at 4 and was gonna use it on INT and essentially max that out for me. But on D&DB it says I can select a feat instead. Is that allowable? I am reviewing feats and there a couple that would offer some interesting improvements for me instead of the 2 INT (which are important but not vital imo right now)

Zesty Zapcrackle

Sorry, I didn't wait for an answer.

I chose the feat, because I think I could. And I went with Fey Touched and Blessed as the extra spell to offer more support to the team. I am at 19 INT now though! Just need to figure out about the holy water component (that I THINK I can "bypass" as an artificer, but maybe not).

Then I need to RP for the Ctrl+Z stuff and long rest for an invention.

So, @Ben, the reason I asked about a firearm is because that's technically up to you if it's allowed. As an artificer I'm proficient if so. But I was thinking, if you'd allow it, to either try to create a pistol as part of my tinkering.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Sorry @Jon, I read these posts several times and then kept getting sidetracked with other stuff.

I'm cool with allowing you to invent firearms. I haven't looked over the rulings for that at all, but I'm sure it'll be fine. You've got a robot dog and an undo-button... I think a gun is probably more plausible than either of those.

Zesty Zapcrackle

Sorry @Jon, I read these posts several times and then kept getting sidetracked with other stuff.

I'm cool with allowing you to invent firearms. I haven't looked over the rulings for that at all, but I'm sure it'll be fine. You've got a robot dog and an undo-button... I think a gun is probably more plausible than either of those.
Lmao, fair.

And no worries on the delay. I sort of just hit the main thread with a damn wall, but we'll play around it.

• This is the Way
Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
I promise I'll make those homebrew things tomorrow. My Saturday turned into my not having a lot of time to myself until... 1am. 😭

I know you guys aren't impatient or anything, but I wanna make sure this doesn't stagnate any.

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
It was more asking Ben to confirm some would be there. I don't want to just assume it's there and put Ben in a position to say "hey, you can't make up shit as fact" lol
Eh, you could still go there snooping and force Ben decide if you can find some. Maybe you can find Runara's latrine or something lol.

@Smacktard , if you haven't started / thought of something, I was thinking maybe the highs and lows of Moonsprout's own experiences while with the part is something to write about. The discovery of some of the brutality and bleakness of the world contrasted against what he thought or believed everything to be in his ideal view. From there you can decide if you want it to end up being a tragic song or one with hope. Plenty of leeway both ways. Is it an orc eat everything kind of a world, or do these murderers maybe have a soul worth redeeming. Or something.

There's always rehashing the badger song with "kobolt, mushroom, and Carl" lol.

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
Eh, you could still go there snooping and force Ben decide if you can find some. Maybe you can find Runara's latrine or something lol.

@Smacktard , if you haven't started / thought of something, I was thinking maybe the highs and lows of Moonsprout's own experiences while with the part is something to write about. The discovery of some of the brutality and bleakness of the world contrasted against what he thought or believed everything to be in his ideal view. From there you can decide if you want it to end up being a tragic song or one with hope. Plenty of leeway both ways. Is it an orc eat everything kind of a world, or do these murderers maybe have a soul worth redeeming. Or something.

There's always rehashing the badger song with "kobolt, mushroom, and Carl" lol.
I fashioned something using a bit of elbow grease and a LOT of AI grease, but I just saw this post right now. It's a bit similar to what you said, but more ehhh personal 😉

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Hey dudes. So I very much spent the past couple of days trying to think myself out of the logical hole I dug in Wolf, and definitely wasn't putting the time in on this.

I'm going to get things together to finish up @Jawneh and @Smacktard attunements, or at least progress them a bit. @Jon can go look around for holy water even if no one is up at the temple, I'm cool with that. I'd just want a perception check when you get there.

I'm going to buckle down and get this back on track.

((I'm also fairly sure I just stopped getting notifications for this thread, so... Cool.))

Reactions: Jon

Zesty Zapcrackle

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
I didn't end up liking how this fit into the posts I just made, but here, have this weird fucking picture I made trying to get Aims bite-mouth.

Now I just scared dentists.

0E82CE8540688371599D7AAFE9F82617D9B202FB0B3D10533686407CD2612439.jpg7C11A861EB495E9ABDFE19BCADADE5683BF55BDF9F433889AE7445033A067968.jpg

(My main problem with the above results are that it won't make a battleaxe well. Sword, sure. Axe, no. :shrug )

@Ben @Jon - maybe I missed it, but how far back can the undo button go?

Can Zesty use it to undo the deaths of Mekk and Minn or the destruction of Dragon’s Rest? Maybe he goes back to Sparkrender’s lair and undoes time in the area of where he was tied up to fix the knot so he never gets free

:thinking

Zesty Zapcrackle

@Ben @Jon - maybe I missed it, but how far back can the undo button go?

Can Zesty use it to undo the deaths of Mekk and Minn or the destruction of Dragon’s Rest? Maybe he goes back to Sparkrender’s lair and undoes time in the area of where he was tied up to fix the knot so he never gets free

:thinking
I'm not sure I would have Zesty to do this, even if he could. Their deaths play a major developmental role for most the team: Zesty, Aims', Sprouty, Myla, Runara. It's be like creating a paradox in time and undoing a major character development arc. Not to mention, the amount of timeline splits that would occur...

Damnit Ben, now you have me thinking in Marvel levels of fucked up multiverse. Instead of this campaign ending with "I am Iron Man" it's gonna end with "I am Chronofucker."

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
So no time heists?
I hadn't fully thought all the mechanics through, and in true DM fashion was just going to bullshit an explanation when it came up.

But since I've had to think about it now; I think, in general, it's going to be a universal rewind. Not just Zesty. It's not rewriting a timeline in so far as changing the events and creating another branch, I think we'll treat it more like actual CTRL+Z, with it being an immediate step back ward, but that specific future is gone. There's no dark parallel timeline where the hero time-traveled backwards and left the future undefended from the BBEG, ala Ocarina of Time. No going back and being able to alter the past causing X person back in the future to disappear.

Combat is perhaps an easy example. If a monster takes its turn and kills someone, you could Undo to go back to the start of the monster's turn and undo the death. The monster will get to make it's attack/whatever again though, the results might just be more in your favor or you could potentially mitigate the incoming death somehow. Outside of combat you'll still be limited to 6 seconds and the same restrictions.

I'll say Zesty will recall that he used the keys, but will only be able to recall events from the previous timeline only for 6 seconds after rewinding them. After the grace period to ensure you recall why you hit the keys and can act accordingly, all knowledge of what happened before the reset leaves you.

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
It's a super counter spell. That works on everything. And anything.

I can't wait to insult a deity of some sort and get smited only to have Zesty frantically rewind and try to prevent Aims from unleashing the wrath again lol.

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: Jon

Zesty Zapcrackle

Hopefully. Having difficulty breathing, they seemed to rule out pneumonia, but I could potentially still have a blood clot in my lung.

Or it's just withdrawls from being out of Adderall for a week... But that doesn't really help dissuade the anxiety.
Just get well soon, whatever it is. We could offer to send Moonsprout to your room with a new shanty to cheer you up. And some shrooms.

• Cheers!
Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
I guess I assumed everyone had seen the profile post updates too, but I'm back home and doing better. No full answer what it was but probably a combination of anxiety from going off an ADHD med, low potassium and low fluid causing tachycardia. 🙃

In other news, Dice 182.

1715000164792.png

Back
Top Bottom