• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: The Wary Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Guess I better rub my wood and climb up to the ceiling
Masturbating in your attic aside, what's the deal with your legs?

I saw from your character sheet the whole resurrect when you die thing, but lose some memories. Was Vash playing that with infinite use, or would there come a point where you'll forget how to breathe? And I'm assuming from what I've seen, they're also enchanted with Spider-Climb? Once per long-rest, or what's the deal? I'll try to accommodate whatever you had going before, if you can give me the details.

In other news, playing around with ideas for illustrating stuff, there is a biiiiiiig difference in outcome between AI results when I forget to include "rating_safe" in the prompt for these models...

Where I was going for something like this;
00006-1168250318.png

I first got this (not terribly NSFW but still don't open it in front of your mom, unless you want to do some explaining);
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

I saw from your character sheet the whole resurrect when you die thing, but lose some memories. Was Vash playing that with infinite use, or would there come a point where you'll forget how to breathe? And I'm assuming from what I've seen, they're also enchanted with Spider-Climb? Once per long-rest, or what's the deal? I'll try to accommodate whatever you had going before, if you can give me the details.
We’ve never actually used that. I put that there to try to give a plausible reason I wood would cause me to rise each morning. Right now all it does it let me walk on walls/ceiling once per rest. I believe we decided long rest

• Okie Dokie
Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
We’ve never actually used that. I put that there to try to give a plausible reason I wood would cause me to rise each morning. Right now all it does it let me walk on walls/ceiling once per rest. I believe we decided long rest
Fair enough. Was any activation required, akin to casting a spell with a verbal/somatic trigger, or just ready to go whenever your brain brained it?

Reactions: Ben
So uhhh... how about that. I return the day things get back to rolling without me? Nice. You can't say the universe doesn't have a sense of humor.

As for my delayed return... there was originally some life things. After that was settled fairly fast, the cancer that is WoW took over much of my free time... :paranoid And I also found a couple new mobile games while I was at work.

So in the end I was just a piece of shit for not coming here for a bit! :smile2 Err.... How's y'all doing?

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
So uhhh... how about that. I return the day things get back to rolling without me? Nice. You can't say the universe doesn't have a sense of humor.

As for my delayed return... there was originally some life things. After that was settled fairly fast, the cancer that is WoW took over much of my free time... :paranoid And I also found a couple new mobile games while I was at work.

So in the end I was just a piece of shit for not coming here for a bit! :smile2 Err.... How's y'all doing?
It is serendipitous... Almost like you were compelled to come back just because there's a new flavor of kobold for you to try to eat...

Super glad for the timing, though. No shame in having needed a break and found other stuff to do, most of us probably don't have a worthwhile excuse for falling off either.

Full disclosure; I... Totally was going to have Sparkrender capture you while you were unconscious and have you tied up ready to sacrifice when the party got to the observatory... That is what I've got to rework with your return, but totally don't mind doing so!

Only fitting to finish this with everyone who started it, plus new blood. @shortkut and @The Flame are still 100% in this even with the original party back in action. (Though @Smacktard hasn't shown his mushroom-filled face yet.)

Full disclosure; I... Totally was going to have Sparkrender capture you while you were unconscious and have you tied up ready to sacrifice when the party got to the observatory... That is what I've got to rework with your return, but totally don't mind doing so!
Well, if you had kept your fingers to yourself, we could've still went with that. And my life would've been in the hands of the rest of these fine folks. Some nice time sensitive rescuing or Aims is turned into a half-man, half-lamb to slaughter.

Though I'm fine either way. I'd you got cool ideas, I'll take a little penalty for being a butt about being here sooner.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Well, if you had kept your fingers to yourself, we could've still went with that. And my life would've been in the hands of the rest of these fine folks. Some nice time sensitive rescuing or Aims is turned into a half-man, half-lamb to slaughter.

Though I'm fine either way. I'd you got cool ideas, I'll take a little penalty for being a butt about being here sooner.
Nah, I already tossed the idea. They all wanted to go and find your green-ass even when we thought you were MIA, so forcing them to be without their meat-shield seems cruel.

But now I'm going to throw even more bad kobolds at you guys.

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
Welcome back Jawneh!

Sorry, admittedly it's hard for me to get back into it. I can't quite remember where my character's head was, etc. I'm travelling now too for the next week or so but I'll try to keep up best I can.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Welcome back Jawneh!

Sorry, admittedly it's hard for me to get back into it. I can't quite remember where my character's head was, etc. I'm travelling now too for the next week or so but I'll try to keep up best I can.
It's all good. I should have remembered you were traveling after having glanced you sampling NZ beer.

I figured it was going to take a little while for the new guys to introduce themselves and for everyone to get moving, plus holiday, so if it takes a little longer to actually hit the meat of it that's fine.

But now I'm going to throw even more bad kobolds at you guys.
More snackies! Hahahaa!

Welcome back Jawneh!

I can see that for you. Mooney had some real character growth going on there in the midst of everything, whereas Aims is still heading head first into battle. And is now really really into dragons and cooking everything he kills. Easy to keep track of in my case.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I hope your wife has a good carrier!
I think it's AT&T, but definitely better than mine. She's a traveling infusion nurse, so they make sure she gets signal in pretty remote places for when she has patients in the mountains.

Also, after shoving them down a slip-and-slide in an innertube, I realize I'm both dumb for not closing my mouth while following head first, and I have soap in publicly unreachable areas...

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
I think it's AT&T, but definitely better than mine. She's a traveling infusion nurse, so they make sure she gets signal in pretty remote places for when she has patients in the mountains.

Also, after shoving them down a slip-and-slide in an innertube, I realize I'm both dumb for not closing my mouth while following head first, and I have soap in publicly unreachable areas...
Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I was about to say "I'm continually trying to bring high-class story to this campaign, and these plebians always devolve it into base humor trash" but then remembered I gave you guys a magical dick pretty early on... Sooooooo. 🤫

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Anyway, seems the main thing required is for the party to meet/acknowledge the new guys (and not kill them), then we'll actually do something.

I even have an encounter set up and balanced for all of you!

Oh, and I also decided to drop my sub to Roll20. While I'd love to make use of it, I think it's usefulness isn't fully realized unless we're doing this live with everyone online using the VTT at the same time. Maybe one day, but for now I'm just wasting money not using it.

• Fair
Reactions: Jon
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Man, I did quickly fuck up them reactions with a ton of gifs, though...

In most places if you've lived with the same person for more than 7 years, you're considered married in the eyes of the law. :link
Legit, I'm just Jonny from the HRBlock? I know after a year or so "domestic partner" kicks in, which is why she's on my health insurance, but if I can start filing taxes jointly please lemme hook that up.

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Man, I did quickly fuck up them reactions with a ton of gifs, though...

Legit, I'm just Jonny from the HRBlock? I know after a year or so "domestic partner" kicks in, which is why she's on my health insurance, but if I can start filing taxes jointly please lemme hook that up.
Not sure about the taxes thing. Tax law was never really where I pursued law. Criminal. Some corporate. Some tort. I avoided tax law though.

I find it unlikely that you can file jointly without a marriage certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom