• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: The Wary Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Oh, shit, that does remind me I wanted to give you (@Advocate for A/C ) a tip, though.

Being an ice knife enjoyer aside; you could make good use of concentration spells while still utilizing Wild Shape. You can't cast spells while shifted, but anything you cast beforehand that requires concentration will remain in effect. So for instance, if you cast Moonbeam and then shifted into a wolf, you'd still be able to reposition the beam each turn without having to shift out. Of course far more broken once you've got a flying form and can just set up a spell then get out of range, but you could still probably use to great effect with any creature with a high movement speed.

Oh, and hitting level 4, you can now access things with a swimming speed, up to CR 1/2. So things like the Crocodile are on the table.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Awww, fuck it.

I just grabbed the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, which I'm sure has a bunch of robot-bullshit Jon will love, but more specifically... CR 1/2 Clawfoot Raptor. 50ft movement speed.

I should come up with a narrative explanation as to how you'd have seen one before, without going to Eberron, but that's doable.

1719590129058.png

EDIT: They're also freaking amazing at perception, so... You aren't likely to get surprised or fail to see something while using it...

Nac McWeeble

Yvan eht nioj
the psychopathic druid throwing exploding knives of ice at everything.
This sentence pretty much sums up our entire campaign so far.

They attempted to turn the statues without waking the dragon, but failed at being stealthy, and woke him up.
Yeah, and it TOTALLY wasn't the fault of the one character who was supposed to be good at stealth... :paranoid

Dinosaur looks hella cool! Dibs on Nac getting to be the first dino rider!

• Haha
Reactions: Jon
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Yeah, and it TOTALLY wasn't the fault of the one character who was supposed to be good at stealth... :paranoid
Yeah... I struggle with sometimes thinking I should fudge dice rolls, or the outcome of yours, to ensure shit like the stealthy character starting to curse at the statue that wouldn't turn, but ultimately... That's just not embracing chaos.

Following the will of the dice gods sometimes allows even me to be surprised by how things go, rather than you just... Being told a story. So, this is the way.

Dinosaur looks hella cool! Dibs on Nac getting to be the first dino rider!
Only if you call Alu a 'Clever Girl' every time.

• This is the Way
Reactions: Jon

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
So, this is the way.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Oh, that NEEDS to happen now.

Nac McWeeble

Yvan eht nioj
Yeah... I struggle with sometimes thinking I should fudge dice rolls, or the outcome of yours, to ensure shit like the stealthy character starting to curse at the statue that wouldn't turn, but ultimately... That's just not embracing chaos.

Following the will of the dice gods sometimes allows even me to be surprised by how things go, rather than you just... Being told a story. So, this is the way.
For me personally, it's more fun to let whatever happens happen! If I roll crap, so be it! Adds life to the story! Can't always succeed.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
@The Flame I was going through and updating each character's level/stats under their GWF profile, but I didn't want to un-Nootie you without checking first.

It's not really vital, and could be changed back later, I'm just using it for quick reference within thread posts with the D&D styles.

1000007272.jpg

Also, while I'm not 100% that we'll use anything but DnDBeyond to wrap this up, you and @shortkut are welcome to join the campaign tools with the below links:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Edit: I'm not actually sure if you can join multiple campaigns at once on DnDBeyond, so you'll have to let me know if it gives you trouble, kut. I'm guessing Magni will be fine.

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
Alright, I tagged in Magni on here. Popped him out of the Dummy Campaign and into this one, and joined all the other shit too (I'm the Jake guy on Roll20). Wasn't sure what the extent we were using the latter two was, so I haven't done much else yet, but lemme know if I need to flesh out my profiles at all. I've used Roll20, but I'll say that the only thing I know about it until now is the logo lol

Last edited:
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I can’t join with either because Magni is in the dummy campaign and I can’t figure out how to leave it
I don't know what Magni would have to do with you, but I do see that if you join a character into a campaign you can't put them in a second one. I stuck one of mine into the Dummy Campaign and can't add it to any other.

1719724663892.png

I can't really tell if this'll work for you as when I click it, I only get to the DM-version of the page where I could boot people out, so I don't know if it'll give you an option to leave the Phandelver campaign for now. If it won't, we can ask @VashTheStampede to boot you until it starts back up again.

1719724876690.png

I guess the other option is just to make a new character and just put it to level 2 from the beginning then copy all the stats, etc. over. That might be the best option to keep you in Phandelver without screwing that around, but it's understandably a bit of work to clone him. My assumption is you'd just be able to quit this and join back to Vash's after though.

Alright, I tagged in Magni on here. Popped him out of the Dummy Campaign and into this one, and joined all the other shit too (I'm the Jake guy on Roll20). Wasn't sure what the extent we were using the latter two was, so I haven't done much else yet, but lemme know if I need to flesh out my profiles at all. I've used Roll20, but I'll say that the only thing I know about it until now is the logo lol
Nice. Looks good on all fronts. We haven't yet actually used either World Anvil or roll20, I set those up after things stalled out in hopes it might make things easier and more enticing, but I'm still on the fence. It'd probably be simpler to just continue posting screenshots and that in the campaign thread, but roll20 has such pretty effects like built-in line of sight and stuff.

I also think I'm going to have a lot to get creative with, given you're playing a kobold and stepping out of the portal into a monastery full of kobolds... Jives pretty well with the story and even where we're at, so this'll be fun.

I'm going to start working on a story post tomorrow, if I get some time to sit down and think about it. At least enough to get the gears moving again and explain the current situation on our side of the portal, rather than just what I dropped into the other Taverns. I'm also going to assume that @Jawneh is out of it for now, but I've had an idea of how to explain his sudden 'absence' story-wise for a while, so I'll go ahead with that. If he does show back up, it'll still be pretty easy to bring him back in.

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
You should be able to freely remove yourself from a campaign from your Characters page if anyone's still having issues with that:

1719727514644.png

There's also a button if you go to the campaign itself. This stuff should show up under the Collections tab

• Cheers!
Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
It's magic. Gunpowder isn't exactly a thing, like it is in the Critical Role world of Taldorei.

Artificer items just work because they want them to, kind of like orcs in Warhammer with the WAAAGH!

I'd say I only labeled it as a flintlock to convey it doesn't have that many shots before needing to reload.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I really was torn on what dumb item to foist upon Short Order. But giving a reason to shout more MK catchphrases seemed more funny than just something ice-related...

I think the other option was going to be some plant with copper-wire filament roots that would have attached to Boltzmann, and let Short pilot it, freeing up Zesty's bonus action. Seemed kinda wobbly in so far as who then owned/controlled RoboDog, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom