• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: The Wary Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
I didn't finish, nor do I remember, Game of Thrones enough to recall who that was. But weirdly, my daughter took to calling me "Benjin" for a while because she couldn't say "Benjamin"... So that's weird.
It was weird. The show was amazing, but it suddenly stopped after season 6!

Rob Riggle Challenge GIF by ABC Network

• Shrug
Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
It was weird. The show was amazing, but it suddenly stopped after season 6!

Rob Riggle Challenge GIF by ABC Network
Kind of like how they only ever made 1 Robocop movie.

I see Nae joined Roll20. I'm going to assume that all of the additional non-basic character sheet features, like Tiefling, Artificer, etc. are locked by default... I'll grab those modules when I can, but that probably won't be until next week.

1717015545458.png

Maybe I could just give Wizards of the Coast my soul and call it even.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Althouuuuuugh.... Maybe I can fuck around with the API feature on the pro plan and build out some direct integration between D&D Beyond and Roll20... :thinking

EDIT: Chrome at least has some "Beyond20" extension that just links the existing D&D Beyond character sheets into Roll20. That might be the easiest option, but if I can dump each charsheet to a JSON file I might be able to get them imported imported. :shrug

Last edited:

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Kind of like how they only ever made 1 Robocop movie.

I see Nae joined Roll20. I'm going to assume that all of the additional non-basic character sheet features, like Tiefling, Artificer, etc. are locked by default... I'll grab those modules when I can, but that probably won't be until next week.

View attachment 16215

Maybe I could just give Wizards of the Coast my soul and call it even.
See, I'm committed to seeing this thing through because of how much you've spent on this.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Besides, I'm at least trying to spin it into a positive. Between the $1000 deductible for smashing my car, and having dropped a bunch on these apps, I can't justify continuing to smoke weed and recommitted to quitting again.

Now I just have to avoid Mark and Tommy, so I don't feel the pier pressure.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Jon
I've created my character and joined up, but it's not giving me the option to edit my stats and level and such, so maybe I missed something (the screenshot in the walkthrough doesn't match what I see, so I'll check again later when I have a bit more time)

Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I've created my character and joined up, but it's not giving me the option to edit my stats and level and such, so maybe I missed something (the screenshot in the walkthrough doesn't match what I see, so I'll check again later when I have a bit more time)
It made a new 'article' for you after you created the character on your side, so I just had to drop the statblock into that one instead for it to show under the actual in-use profile.

1717089990515.png

Padding is a little off on all of them when displayed on this page, but it's at least got you joined into the world/campaign correctly. We probably won't end up needing the statblocks directly through World Anvil anyway, if Roll20 works out. That's the one that you still seem to need to join, so try this link; https://app.roll20.net/join/17234819/Iaa4Xw

Okay, I think I joined. Some of these options are pretty overwhelming though. I may have done it wrong.
From what I can tell, you've got two characters under your account. One of them has no name, the other is Moonsprout.

1717090200758.png

The unnamed character is the one that joined the world.

1717089533079.png

And the named Moonsprout one is the one that joined the campaign. Honestly I think this is the more important thing, as you've got the proper character in the the campaign party. So I'd say try to see if you can switch which of your characters you had join the world itself, and/or drop an image on the Moonsprout character profile.

World link for reference;

And join the Roll20 group from this link too; https://app.roll20.net/join/17234819/Iaa4Xw

1717089498980.png
1717090368050.png

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Wow, I'm alive!

I'll try to remember to get on this thing tomorrow on the computer. I don't have the attention span currently to learn it on mobile.
Word. I'd checked earlier today when you'd last been online and saw you'd been alive yesterday, so I'm glad you're still kicking. I had some marginal fear you'd fallen off and there'd be a marked decline in how many monsters were being BBQ'd.

Certainly not going to rush anyone in getting their shit together and joined up to the new things, considering I burnt a bunch of time just twiddling my dice.

Side thought, though; I think World Anvil and how it's structured would allow me to run multiple parties... There's potential if we get this worked out and flowing well, I could kick off a second group campaign that will exist in the same world, giving potential for individual groups to interact. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, but the idea of having some enormous world-threatening Big Bad Evil Guy that requires multiple adventuring parties to defeat is super cool... 🙃

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Word. I'd checked earlier today when you'd last been online and saw you'd been alive yesterday, so I'm glad you're still kicking. I had some marginal fear you'd fallen off and there'd be a marked decline in how many monsters were being BBQ'd.

Certainly not going to rush anyone in getting their shit together and joined up to the new things, considering I burnt a bunch of time just twiddling my dice.

Side thought, though; I think World Anvil and how it's structured would allow me to run multiple parties... There's potential if we get this worked out and flowing well, I could kick off a second group campaign that will exist in the same world, giving potential for individual groups to interact. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, but the idea of having some enormous world-threatening Big Bad Evil Guy that requires multiple adventuring parties to defeat is super cool... 🙃
Captain America Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

I have a tab for GW on the ol' puter, but that doesn't mean I necessarily stick around for anything. I don't think I've actively even lurked for about a week or something? It's been busy lately.

Plus with a fantasy world so vast full of delicious creature to eat, why wouldn't I stick around? Maybe this was merely a digestion break.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I really wanna know what your plan with that was all along... lol
I gave Smacktard a breakdown while he was off on his own and kind of explained all that.

So you're assuming he had a plan?
Rude. Accurate, but rude.

Initially from the zombie's loot table, it was just a plain ordinary dagger. Then Short tried to inspect it and I decided to tell everyone it was a dick. I think it was still just a dick up through the first visit to Dragon's Rest, hence the Tarak stuff. Although, he wouldn't necessarily have been able to identify what it was either.

It was probably around the entrance of Seagrow Caves that I realized I could actually do something with it, when you attacked the octopus and the handle broke off the blade.

First train of thought was "lol I bet a lonely sailor could make use of a dick-dagger after embedding the blade into a wooden beam." Just a mundane dildo of the sea.
But then it coincided with me learning about an uncommon magical item called the Immovable Rod and I couldn't pass up the amusing opportunity to turn the dick into that. They're usually a few feet long, but this one is a bit over 8 inches, so maybe there's another half out there somewhere.

1718380581045.png

It dawns on you that this is a modified Immovable Rod, a magical item spoken of in song, designed to freeze in place upon activation. Some are rumored to support a staggering 8,000 pounds, only relenting if the load surpasses this threshold or the button is pressed again to deactivate the enchantment. When the light bridge between the towers was turned off and--much to your confusion--you did not fall towards the rocks below, your halfling luck must have activated this magical device and supported you until the bridge reactivated.

So yeah, it became an item that can hold it's position in space unless it's overloaded with weight, or it's just turned off. I argue this gives even more utility to a lonely sailor...

I tried to prod the party into looking at the item closer a few times, but no one bit until I just gave up and handed Smacktard the explanation. Otherwise, there were probably multiple opportunities to use it ingeniously throughout the campaign... Certainly could have made a better attempt at pinning Sparkrender down with the dick-rod on his back and turning it on, etc.

Ironically, when I watched through The Legend of Vox Machina months after that, I realized Scanlan ended up with a sword that did the very same thing by locking itself in place in space. Kaylee (sp) pins him to the bed with the point to his throat and leaves him there, and they later fly up the black dragon's asshole and lock it in place from the inside.

They can honestly be entirely broken items depending on how they're used, but... Alas, it's just collecting dick-dust.

• Shocked
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I... really like that item.
Yeah... It's a fun one. Absolutely could be used as a fulcrum/pulley to lift something heavy, the aforementioned restraint (although it'd be possible for the creature to just deactivate it, depending), and many many more.

I'm going to proactively nix chasing the mathematical rabbit hole of how fast the planet rotates in its orbit, thus how fast a monster standing on its surface is technically moving, and how much kinetic energy an immovable rod locked in place would impart should they lock it in position a few miles away and just wait for the monster to collide with it. Because that's the nuclear-bomb risk by a DM giving anyone a rod...

For purposes of not enabling that, this rod is going to be fixed relative to the center of whatever planetary body it's closest to, so will rotate in space but stay motionless relative to the surface.

DICKS HO!
That was one time. :rolleyes:

• Haha
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
One thought I've had in trying to defibrillate this; What if, hypothetically, I scaled up (hah) the final encounter enough to accommodate bringing some of the characters from the other campaign in to help fight Sparkrender? With @VashTheStampede's blessing, of course. And I guess the caveat that I haven't checked what level the other party(s) were at, so that'd determine how this idea would go.

But since both campaigns kind of stalled out and a few players have fallen off, it might give an avenue for everyone to get some use out of their characters sheets again... :thinking

I got a salty boy who wants revenge.

00000-4004499833-gigapixel-standard v2-1x.png

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I will kill anything with anyone.
Yeah. If any of our party woke up from a long rest and chose violence, it's you.

So really, what I decide to do with the encounter depends on whether we get @Jawneh back right now or not.

If not, I can work that into the plot and already have an idea for it, that'll keep him in the story still. Either way, I also need to work out a reason for anyone else who wants to come along to show up on the island... But I could I can just magical bullshit it in some fashion...

And I guess I might not bother with Roll20 if including everyone. Seemed hard to get even just all of you OGs in there.

Edit: Oh wait. I can just claim someone sat on their temporal cubes and fucked the timeline. @Jon you want to butt-dial the Avengers?

Last edited:

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Yeah. If any of our party woke up from a long rest and chose violence, it's you.

So really, what I decide to do with the encounter depends on whether we get @Jawneh back right now or not.

If not, I can work that into the plot and already have an idea for it, that'll keep him in the story still. Either way, I also need to work out a reason for anyone else who wants to come along to show up on the island... But I could I can just magical bullshit it in some fashion...

And I guess I might not bother with Roll20 if including everyone. Seemed hard to get even just all of you OGs in there.

Edit: Oh wait. I can just claim someone sat on their temporal cubes and fucked the timeline. @Jon you want to butt-dial the Avengers?
I may not be a wizard but I have a time fuckery cube I’m all to happy to use!

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
If I can help at all, let me know. I'm not sure what i can do, but i'll offer anyway!
Bringing this back here; I appreciate that. I think it's mostly on me, though. I'm the one who's got to actually put the encounter together and make something happen. I just felt like the last couple of times I'd tried to push everyone into moving after attuning to the new items, I couldn't get it moving again. Now we're in a spot where at least @Jawneh has some external life-stuff that dropped his activity, so I can't decide whether to just go ahead with the 3-4 of you who're here, or (as implied) try to pad with a few other players from the other campaign. I thought that latter would be an option since a few of Vash's players dropped off too, but it's probably just putting more complications in when I need less complications, seeing how they're mostly level 2 I think.

I don't know how much me being lazy and never home-brewing the items on DNDBeyond hampers anything. I think you dudes had set your own items up, which is useful, so maybe I just don't worry about it too much... I think it's mainly the new flintlock pistol Zesty has and Aims axe that'd require statblocks to use, the rest of them are kinda all utility. 🤔

Also trying to get everyone to join WorldAnvil or Roll20, get a character sheet transferred there, etc. is another complication that's just made it harder to get things moving than made them easier, as I'd hoped it would. Maybe I should just plan to start the next campaign from scratch using those and not switch in the final hours of this campaign.

I ultimately really wish I'd just let you all kill Sparkrender when we were at that point and not gamed things into having him escape to return another day. That would have put a bow on everything then and there. I just felt you'd all be missing out on the "stop the actual ritual" part of the final boss battle, and tried to orchestrate that still happening. But I kind of shot myself in the foot, since it was predicated on Sparkrender having Aidron still captive to sacrifice, I guess.

I'll put some heavy thought on what to do to get at least 4 of you moving again, and try to get back into the narrative.

My brain to me;
Are We Doing This Come On GIF by First We Feast

Bringing this back here; I appreciate that. I think it's mostly on me, though. I'm the one who's got to actually put the encounter together and make something happen. I just felt like the last couple of times I'd tried to push everyone into moving after attuning to the new items, I couldn't get it moving again. Now we're in a spot where at least @Jawneh has some external life-stuff that dropped his activity, so I can't decide whether to just go ahead with the 3-4 of you who're here, or (as implied) try to pad with a few other players from the other campaign. I thought that latter would be an option since a few of Vash's players dropped off too, but it's probably just putting more complications in when I need less complications, seeing how they're mostly level 2 I think.

I don't know how much me being lazy and never home-brewing the items on DNDBeyond hampers anything. I think you dudes had set your own items up, which is useful, so maybe I just don't worry about it too much... I think it's mainly the new flintlock pistol Zesty has and Aims axe that'd require statblocks to use, the rest of them are kinda all utility. 🤔

Also trying to get everyone to join WorldAnvil or Roll20, get a character sheet transferred there, etc. is another complication that's just made it harder to get things moving than made them easier, as I'd hoped it would. Maybe I should just plan to start the next campaign from scratch using those and not switch in the final hours of this campaign.

I ultimately really wish I'd just let you all kill Sparkrender when we were at that point and not gamed things into having him escape to return another day. That would have put a bow on everything then and there. I just felt you'd all be missing out on the "stop the actual ritual" part of the final boss battle, and tried to orchestrate that still happening. But I kind of shot myself in the foot, since it was predicated on Sparkrender having Aidron still captive to sacrifice, I guess.

I'll put some heavy thought on what to do to get at least 4 of you moving again, and try to get back into the narrative.

My brain to me;
Are We Doing This Come On GIF by First We Feast
Just offer yourself a reward of generating one piece of AI smut for each thing you check off your todo list

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Just offer yourself a reward of generating one piece of AI smut for each thing you check off your todo list
Happy Star Trek GIF

I don’t know if our characters are up to that point, but maybe we experience it as a fever dream or I just come and loot the bodies when all is said and done
Yeah, that's part of my quandary. My plan, had it been cool, was to put you level 2 folks up against a wave or two of kobold minions, while the level 4 guys took on the dragon. But it'd probably just cause more difficulty in Vash getting his own campaigns moving again and I wouldn't want that.

And I suppose should I need additional bodies to fill in a fight, I could just make use of Varnoth and Tarak as NPCs...

After quite a few drinks, Kutshort decided it was time for bed. He gets up and heads towards the innkeeper

Tolkien… sorry, Mr. Underhill sir, I can’t quite recall where my room is

Suddenly, Kutshort notices a glowing circular doorway

Never mind, I think I found it

As Kutshort walks through the passageway, he grabs his head wondering who the hell Toril was, why was there a teifling in his room, and why was this hangover starting so soon…

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
"Holy pluck!"
A small birdlike creature appears on the other side of the Dr. Strange portal. He hesitantly approaches against his better judgement. Upon stepping through, he smells smoke and feels a strange heat. Nootie's cowboy hat was on fire! He reaches up frantically to cast Mending, but more fire just springs forth from his fingertips. As the hat turns to ash, his panic subsides. ...only to be replaced by more panic as he notices the red, scaly arms that just flailed in front of him. What am I? Wait...who am I? And what in the Hells is a Noo-tea? As he pulls out and inspects his belongings, the frenzied confusion slowly gives way to slightly less frenzied stupidity. Magni shrugs, the kobold once again enamored with his little dragon statue as he wanders blindly forward to who knows where.

I really wish I had still kept up with this and the other adventures better, because I have no idea what's going on. Last thing I remember reading was a fight against a zombie octoshroom or something lol. But if I get to play as more funny little fellas, I'm interested. Sounded like it was just gonna be a combat encounter or something?

• This is the Way
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Magni..., the kobold
Oooo, this is quite fitting, and I'm down with people using it as a chance to try other characters. Kobolds are a pretty big theme in this campaign, so I'm sure I can play to this once I've read over your character sheets and such.

I really wish I had still kept up with this and the other adventures better, because I have no idea what's going on. Last thing I remember reading was a fight against a zombie octoshroom or something lol. But if I get to play as more funny little fellas, I'm interested. Sounded like it was just gonna be a combat encounter or something?
No shame in it, picking up a campaign that's been idle for a while is pretty tough, let alone keep track of ones that you weren't even in.

To give a rough run-down;
  • Party took a merchant-ship to Stormwreck Isle. On the way, they got held up by a Merrow Extortionist who ended up fleeing without a battle occurring.
  • Party landed on a beach and was immediately attacked by zombies, which they smashed.
  • They found their way to Dragon's Rest, a temple enclave set on the cliffside of a bay in the Northern part of the island.
    • This is a temple/monastery dedicated to Bahamut the Platinum dragon.
    • They met Runara, the elder and leader of the monastery.
    • They met Tarak, who tends the garden plots and is a great cook.
    • They met Varnoth, who has a clipped personality.
    • The rest of the residents in Dragon's Rest are kobolds.
      • Myla, a winged kobold tinkerer is really the main one that they interacted with. She helped Zesty (our Artificer) complete one of his inventions and mentioned her brothers having been absent for a while.
      • They only vaguely interacted with the others, but there are about 7 kobolds total.
  • Tarak mentioned that he normally goes to trade with the Myconids in the caves on the other side of the island, for supplies to make healing potions, but recently they've not let him in, installing a spore servant octopus (zombie octoshroom) at the entrance. He asked them to check that the Myconids are OK.
    • This is the first quest the party took on. The journey there was pretty short but they did encounter some fume drakes in a tide-pool, where our bard Moonsprout had a nice psychedelics trip.
    • They killed the spore servant at the entrance to Seagrow Caves and further inside met a few of the kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day. These fungal beings communicate through the use of telepathic (rapport) spores, and everyone had another trippy time where one side of the converstation was just watercolor paintings. Evenually they worked out that something was up in the cave system and their leader (soverign) was ill.
    • Venturing deeper, they found a cloying mist killing a lot of the mushrooms the Myconids were harvesting, including the Myconids themselves. Sinensa, the soverign, was unconscious and barely being kept alive with the use of healing fungii harvested from the area.
    • At the deepest chamber of the cave, they found a few more fume drakes and a glowing orange crystal wedged into a crack in the ceiling. When they broke this crystal, an obsidian sphere fell out that then hatched into a Fire Snake. They dispatched this pretty easily, given the psychopathic druid throwing exploding knives of ice at everything.
    • The crystal had been blocking a fissure that the fumes leaking up from further underground usually vent through, so on its destruction, the fog in the caves started to clear up.
  • Back at Dragon's Rest to update Tarak and rest, they learned that Varnoth saw a ship suddenly veer off course to the North and smash into the rocks there. They were told that decades ago, a ship called Compass Rose collided with the jagged rocks around the island, and that's when the zombies began appearing, although they had increased in frequency over the past several months.
    • The party took a boat and started checking the shipwrecks along the string of rocky outcroppings. They found one cave that happened to be home to another Merrow, Carl. After failing to negotiate with the creature, they killed him in front of his son, Carlson. The young merrow fled, and then our half-orc barbarian ate the father.
    • Eventually they found Compass Rose as the furthest Northern wreck, impaled on a line of dragon bones looming from the ocean. There were many zombies onboard, and after fighting their way down to the very bottom hold, found a lockbox containing the captain's log bookmarked with an amulet made of woven human hair. Essentually, the ship crashed into the remains of a dragon and the wife made a wish to the demon-prince Orcus to reunite her with her husband, even in death. This caused her and all of the crew who died to reanimate as zombies. She bit the captain, who journaled it all and secured her amulet before succumbing to death.
    • On making their way back to the upper deck, the party were attacked by a couple of Harpies who made their next on the ship recently. These Harpies, with their alluring song, were the reason new ships had been veering off-course as they enticed sailored to wreck. The corpses they didn't fully eat were touched by the curse of Compass Rose, and were rising as zombies to make their way to shore. The party killed the Harpies, and thus ended the immediate threat.
    • They returned to Dragon's Rest to update.
  • Runara, now trusting the party's committment to helping the residents of Dragon's Rest, revealed herself to in fact be an adult bronze dragon in disguise. Now trusting the party, she explained that Stormwreck Isle had a long history of violence and that there were constant battles between chromatic (bad dragons) and metallic (good dragons) families. This has been the case for millenia, when a powerful red dragon tyrant named Sharruth was overpowered by a group of metallic dragons, and entombed at the bottom of the ocean, her fury giving rise to the volcanic activity that created the island chain. (Sharruth's tomb is actually where the noxious fumes killing the Myconids originated.)
  • She mentioned recent trouble at a ruined observatory on the other side of the island. A young bronze dragon named Aidron had travelled to the observatory several days ago, after the two got into an argument, and had not returned. She asked them to find Aidron and make sure he was safe. She gave them a moonstone key and told them to keep it safe.
    • On the way across the island, the party encountered an owlbear chasing a group of kobold. After some polarized opinions on the situation, and both Aims and Moonsprout jumping onto the owlbear to ride it around, they killed all of the kobolds. In the process, they found a wooden whistle tied around the owlbear's neck. Zesty got pissed that they'd killed intelligent life (again) and went ahead.
    • Zesty encountered a field of jagged glassy structures, and while investigating them, had to hide from a large blue form flying over his head. He watched as a small(ish) blue dragon swooped across the trees and out over the ocean towards the observatory.
    • On reaching the cliffside by the observatory, Zesty found two dragon statues with a recess shaped like the Runara had given them. On inserting it, a magical bridge extended from the cliff to the ruined observatory, perched high on a basalt pillar rising from the ocean. The rest of the party caught up and together they crossed into the observatory rotunda.
    • In the large central area they found two winged kobold fighting with a flock of small mosquito/bat looking creatures called Stirges. The two were close to being overpowered, but the party decided to kill the Stirges and not the kobolds immediately. They found that these two were Mek and Minn, the brothers of Myla in Dragon's Rest. They had gotten tired of Runara's pacifist ways and left to follow a strong blue dragon, Sparkrender.
    • They had been in the process of building effigies in the shapes of dragons around a large golden structure in the center of the rotunda. The sculpture showed planetary bodies in orbit, with a large asteroid being set to pass close by Toril (the planet we're on).
    • Exploring the other towers, they found a book detailing the King Killer comet and how it was foretold to have immense power. In the North West tower, they found a camp of kobold with blue war paint on their faces. After failing to intimidate the kobolds into fleeing and getting laughed at, the barbarian brutally maimed them all. Mek and Minn started to flee. Short (our druid) held them in place with a spell, but as Aims charged across a rope bridge towards them, the halfling bard got in his way and crit-rolled an attack, punching the half-orc in the face and laying him out cold. He admonished the bloodthirsty barbarian's actions and then left the party and the observatory.
      • Moonsprout then went back to find the owlbear and, realizing the whistle that had been around its neck (using other clues around the area) was from a traveling circus ship that crashed on the island, he manged to somewhat tame the owlbear.
    • At the observatory, the party managed to convince Mek and Minn to stop trying to follow Sparkrender and to leave the observatory.
    • They then ventured to the final North East tower, where they found a ornately decorated room with a star-map set in the marple floor, and four alabaster statues of scolars standing around the outside of the room pointing in various directions. In the far corner of the room, a blue dragon wyrmling slept on a pile of small pile of gold.
    • They worked out that the statues rotated on their bases to point in different directions. Using clues from the book they found in the other tower, they worked out that the scholars had to be pointing in a certain direction. They attempted to turn the statues without waking the dragon, but failed at being stealthy, and woke him up.
    • Shouting insults in draconic, Sparkrender attacked the party.
    • After a good fight, and with Moonsprout suddenly returning riding on the owbear, the party managed to get the upper hand, and subdued the wyrmling with some really shitty rope knots.
    • They turned the statues to point towards a constelation of a dragon, and a hidden staircase descended in the marble floor in the center of the room. Going down, they found Aidron the bronze dragon wyrmling chained up in a hidden library. On speaking with him, they learned that Sparkrender planned to sacrifice Aidron when the King Killer comet was at its closest to the planet, in a ritual designed to absorb the residual magical energy of the dragons who had died on the island. Aidron had come to the observatory to confront Sparkrender, where Runara would not, and after a struggle got himself trapped in the lower library.
    • While the party was dicking around, Sparkrender got free of the ropes and escaped the observatory. The party finished looting the treasure around the tower, finding a bunch of magical items. They then left and made their way back towards Dragon's Rest. The owlbear went back to its nest.
  • As they got closer to Dragon's Rest, they heard an explosion and saw smoke rising from the temple, with the sound of kobold fleeing into the woods. Scaling the cliffs, they found a bunch of dead Sparkrender-allied kobolds laying in the central plaza, with Mek and Minn crumpled dead at the door to Myla's workshop, which was in flames. They pulled Myla from the burning room and Runara showed up to help heal the worst of her wounds, and after muttering that some of the younger kobolds fled into the woods (with Tarak adn Varnoth following them) and that her brothers had defended her against the attackers.
    • Aims and Moonsprout ran off to find the kobold who had fled. Zesty, Short and Nac stayed to put out the flames and help Myla. They then all attuned to their magical items.
      • Zesty found a set of cubes with "Ctrl" and "Z" engraved on them, that could reverse time shortly.
      • Nac found a blindfold that gave him blindsight.
      • Short found a ring with a magical scorpion tail, that basically acted as a grappling-hook.
      • Aims found a battleaxe shaped like dragon wings.
      • Moonsprout found a harp-shield that could reflect energies.
  • Aims and Moonsprout, as they raced across the island, found Varnoth next to a pile of enemy kobold bodies, covered in blood and with her prosthetic leg broken. Inspite of her fury and desire to continue combat, even almost attacking Aims when he got in her face, she conceded to try to find Tarak who fled to the West. Aims ran off ahead of her. Moonsprout was left behind, and eventually made his way back to the owlbear, though eventually made his way to the west too.
  • After a short time, they found Tarak and the other kobold safe at Seagrow Caves with the Myconid. One enemy kobold lay contorted in pain before Tarak, who looked regretful. After talking with Sinensa, Tarak left to try to find Varnoth as she made her way towards them.
Aaaaaand that's about it, I think... We left with Aims and Moonsprout at Seagrow cave with Runara (in dragon form), Zesty, Short and Nac at Dragon's Rest after having buried Mek and Minn on the cliffsides. They're all now poised to go take the fight back to Sparkrender and ensure he can't complete his ritual (although Aidron is free, so another sacrifice must be found...)

You visiting players are going to pop out in the Temple of Bahamut at Dragon's Rest, where Zesty was gathering holy water for a spell component. Once we're aligned on who wants to play and I've gotten an idea of the character sheets, etc. I'll get you moving towards the observatory again. @Jawneh fell off though, sadly, so the party's barbarian will probably not be an active participant.

(Wall of fuckin' text, go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom