Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
My only regret (but also a lesson learned) was trusting google on Heroism. I've realized that apparently a lot of stuff is up to interpretation on it's usage - so now I just ask Vash first.

Tortle Dude

Luckily a lot of D&D spells were absorbed into other RPG games, so you're probably familiar with a lot of them by osmosis.

Faerie Fire is a spell in WoW, for instance. Does the same thing basically, and stops rogues/druids being able to enter stealth.
See I never played WoW... and the last MMORPG I played was... Ultima Online. So, very basic stuff.

Most of my knowledge of spells comes from the Final Fantasy games but I also understand the concepts of buffs, debuffs, control, etc. very well.

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Do we ever get more than two spell slots?

That's the part I'm still having a challenge maneuvering.

Should go something like this, I believe;
  1. Level 1: Bards start with two 1st-level spell slots.
  2. Level 2: They gain one additional 1st-level spell slot.
  3. Level 3: They gain access to 2nd-level spell slots, starting with two.
  4. Level 4: They gain another 2nd-level spell slot.
  5. Level 5: Bards gain access to 3rd-level spell slots, starting with two, and gain one more 1st-level spell slot.
  6. And so on.
EDIT: Oh yah

Dragmire

And Warlock can sit back and watch Eldritch Blast scale up in damage
Honestly I love Warlock so much because of Eldritch Blast. It's definitely a simple game plan, but I really like the flow of this one cantrip just becoming more and more deadly the more I spec into it to the point that it just becomes a super control tool once the right invocations are on it and everything. Those spell slots I can save for the really impactful shit that I can't solve with violence

Tortle Dude

if you guys finish this chapter
Nervous Heat Wave GIF by ABC Network

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
Leveling up was fun.

I didn't get a 3rd spell slot as an artificer though, sadly :( Two is tough, but I WAS able to switch a cantrip so that helped me get over it.

We're too busy fighting stupid fucking Carl though when we should be looking for the Crimson Rose to level up again! Silly milestone leveling.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Honestly I love Warlock so much because of Eldritch Blast. It's definitely a simple game plan, but I really like the flow of this one cantrip just becoming more and more deadly the more I spec into it to the point that it just becomes a super control tool once the right invocations are on it and everything. Those spell slots I can save for the really impactful shit that I can't solve with violence
I like the flavor of getting more and more competent with the spell through both practice and also possibly due to increased influence by a dark patron.

Dragmire

Honestly leaving it up to the DM is the way to go rather than strictly adhering to how you think the enemies would act because sometimes the way they would act is super toxic and probably pretty capable of party wiping. Being able to flavor some decision making to be emotionally based or just not 100% rational helps keep the battle in check

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Some DMs play it like it's Them Vs The Party.

That's not fun to me. With all the tools at a DMs disposal, it's not a fair fight.

I see my job as just helping along the story and trying to balance the game so fights are winnable and loseable at the onset.

My personal preference would be for every PC to make it to the end and have a long life and great adventure.

But as Ivan Drago said...

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Each time you gain a level, you gain 1 additional Hit Die. Roll that Hit Die, add your Constitution modifier to the roll, and add the total to your hit point maximum. Alternatively, you can use the fixed value shown in your class entry, which is the average result of the die roll (rounded up).

• Cheers!

Dragmire

Don't worry TD we won't let you die. Since we have someone who can just cast Healing Words for example, you're pretty safe unless THEY also go down. May also be worth it next time we're given the chance to maybe pick up some Healing Potions so we can force feed them to you next time you go down XD

• Cheers!

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
There were a whole lot of Death Flags being flown in poor T'anks direction today! Are we about to have some domestic abuse drama up in here?!

I wonder how likely it is that Klarg is strong enough to do 14 damage on her since he managed 10 on Dude. That would insta-kill her, of the dead-dead variety, yes? 👀

• Emotional Damage
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom