Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
season 9 GIF

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Also fyi - I'm actually hoping for a result on my History check (whenever you get to it).
I absolutely loved the planning before the Klarg fight.

I also loved that it didn't go as planned at all, because that's just classic DnD.
The whole battle was easily my favourite one so far. It held up as what felt was going to be our first big battle.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Also fyi - I'm actually hoping for a result on my History check (whenever you get to it).

Oh I have something all brewed up in my skull but I force myself not to make campaign posts while at work.

The whole battle was easily my favourite one so far. It held up as what felt was going to be our first big battle.

I'm very glad to hear that, I was legitimately concerned you wouldn't have enjoyed it because of getting dropped twice by Klarg.

But with a crit he could have permakilled anyone else in the party with one blow. So you facetanking him worked out pretty well, even if you didn't take a crit.

He also had stupid high rolls.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
It was definitely a "if this goes poorly, move to here, if that goes poorly, move to there, if that ends poorly... run!"

But we missed the first went poorly with Dude getting brutally beaten down. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: TD

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
I'm very glad to hear that, I was legitimately concerned you wouldn't have enjoyed it because of getting dropped twice by Klarg.

But with a crit he could have killed anyone else in the party with one blow. So you facetanking him worked out pretty well, even if you didn't take a crit.
If anything I loved it even more. It was kind of hilarious that I kept doing concentration spells then getting knocked out. I would've been disappointed if Dude truly died, but I feel like the whole situation encapsulated Dude as a character very well.

...that was also a big reason I was tanking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom