Not open for further replies.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Make It Stop My Brain Hurts GIF by Monty Python

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
@shortkut get in here

Its time to talk about lockpicking

Normally lockpicking in D&D is fuckin lame and boring IMO. You just try to beat a DC of 15 and that's it.

FUCK THAT

I use a lockpicking variant in my games.

I hope you like rolling dice.

Lockpicking

You will be rolling a series of dice based on your proficiency at picking locks.

1709404437662.png

You will roll this die over and over, adding up the result to try and hit a certain range of numbers, which is determined by the difficulty of the lock. If you go over, you fail to pick the lock. If you land within the range, you pick the lock.

It makes it more of a minigame, which is usually appreciated way more than just rolling a die once.

If you fail, you roll a d4, and I'll consult a chart to let you know what happens next. I like to leave that part a mystery at first.

@shortkut get in here

Its time to talk about lockpicking

Normally lockpicking in D&D is fuckin lame and boring IMO. You just try to beat a DC of 15 and that's it.

FUCK THAT

I use a lockpicking variant in my games.

I hope you like rolling dice.

Lockpicking

You will be rolling a series of dice based on your proficiency at picking locks.

View attachment 10674

You will roll this die over and over, adding up the result to try and hit a certain range of numbers, which is determined by the difficulty of the lock. If you go over, you fail to pick the lock. If you land within the range, you pick the lock.

It makes it more of a minigame, which is usually appreciated way more than just rolling a die once.

If you fail, you roll a d4, and I'll consult a chart to let you know what happens next. I like to leave that part a mystery at first.
Good thing I have thieves tools and proficiency with them…. So I roll a d8?

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
If @Ben was DM of this campaign, I’d find letters to his son, Klargson in that chest, and nothing of monetary value
Look, Carl gets murdered at his home, after trying to offer the assailants money from the wallet he'd left on the table just to leave him alone, only to be slaughtered in front of his now orphaned son, and you complain that he didn't have more on his physical person? Do you keep a $20 tucked in your ass-cheeks while wearing your pajamas, just so no one is disappointed if they break in and kill you?

Look, Carl gets murdered at his home, after trying to offer the assailants money from the wallet he'd left on the table just to leave him alone, only to be slaughtered in front of his now orphaned son, and you complain that he didn't have more on his physical person? Do you keep a $20 tucked in your ass-cheeks while wearing your pajamas, just so no one is disappointed if they break in and kill you?
What do kidneys go for on the DnD black market?

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
I don't know. I'm still trying to process how I want to deal with my party immediately trying to process and eat their enemies... Not even the random beast ones either, like sentient beings with a credit score.

I... I think my party might be... evil?
I'm still processing my feelings on the matter, if it helps. And I didn't do a single point of damage to Carl. And yet somehow I was the one he hated the most.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
It being Saturday and all, I absolutely copped out and put her on standby. ;)

Logistically at this point the party needs to move on to Phandalin, just a matter of deciding whether they do a long rest before leaving the cave or en route if that's possible/feasible? Goblins should not, in theory, be an issue - but bandits and wild animals could be a concern, and half the party is sorta spent.

Not sure how Kutshort's side quest factors into encumbrance. 🤔

Then I believe we just need to know if @shortkut or @GwJumpman have any other business in this part of the cave

As long as I grabbed the morning star and javelins in addition to the stuff from the chest, I’m good to go.

If we wanted to return the crates, do we need to have an actual way to do it or can we just tell their rightful owner we found them and let them be returned off-screen? I don’t know how many crates there are or their size, so transporting them will be hard, unless Tuberius shows up with the cart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom