• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Yes, and any wolf that joins is friend and not food
Season 4 Deal GIF by Parks and Recreation

TD

The cliffhanger is Dragmire who's gonna nat20 and go first then just Eldritch Blast a wolf or something crazy.

TD

Mmm well we'll see what our DM does, I think it's up to them what a Nat1 does.

Also pretty sure you couldn't use sneak attack there (maybe? lotta variables)

1000010973.jpg

It also dawns on me that reading that - maybe sneak attack shouldn't have counted on the snake.

:chuckle:clap
I rolled stealth with the snake. Vash said it wasn’t likely, but I rolled high enough
Mmm well we'll see what our DM does, I think it's up to them what a Nat1 does.

Also pretty sure you couldn't use sneak attack there (maybe? lotta variables)

View attachment 9751
i can sneak attack because they are all looking at the rope bridge and I’m somewhere else, so they don’t notice me

TD

That's not what sneak attack says.

It says you must have advantage on your attack roll.

Failing that..
There must be another enemy within 5 feet that is not incapacitated, and you are not at disadvantage.

I went and read it finally cause after the snake fight it seemed insanely overpowered for Level 1.

That's not what sneak attack says.

It says you must have advantage on your attack roll.

Failing that..
There must be another enemy within 5 feet that is not incapacitated, and you are not at disadvantage.

I went and read it finally cause after the snake fight it seemed insanely overpowered for Level 1.
I had advantage because you did your dance and I hid behind you

You had advantage on Stealth, not attack.
This is consistent with the fight outside the cave too
(( if you're sneaking behind the Tortle butt for sneak attack, gimme a stealth roll too. You're directly in front of the snake to start the turn and he just tried to attack you, so it's not an easy play ))

(( Okay if I'm doing my math right, thats a critical on the hit so that's 6(crit)+1(roll)+3(modifier)+6(crit sneak attack)+5(sneak attack roll)

Fuuuuuuck ))

With the snake momentarily disoriented by the Dude's unconventional use of Vicious Mockery and the unexpected dance, Kutshort sees a prime opportunity to end the confrontation decisively. Utilizing the distraction to its fullest, he quietly maneuvers behind the dancing Tortle, ensuring he remains unnoticed by the snake still reeling from the psychic assault.

TD

I'm not trying to nitpick the past but simply trying to suggest we correct it moving forward if it's being incorrectly used.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
It's basically how the rogue is at all able to hang with other classes as they scale. Martial classes are typically at a disadvantage to casters as everyone levels, except for things like this.

TD

So he basically gets a free sneak attack every time to safely be able to attack from a distance with the damage of a two handed weapon?

I find it odd - but it explains a lot of what I've read about rogues.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
So he basically gets a free sneak attack every time to safely be able to attack from a distance with the damage of a two handed weapon?

I find it odd - but it explains a lot of what I've read about rogues.
As long as he can get back into stealth.

That is one thing I've granted extra leeway with early on, and I've hinted that he's going to have to come up with good reasons why enemies cannot see him in the future.

Reactions: TD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom