• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
I hear you but doesn’t make me hate it any less.

Does that basically make stealth rolls similar to hit dice for sneak attack then?

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer

Does that basically make stealth rolls similar to hit dice for sneak attack then?
In my experience, rogues get a ton of firepower at the beginning of a fight, but the longer combat lasts, the weaker they are and the more danger they are in.

They quickly get the ability to attempt to Hide as a bonus action at the end of their turn, but that's still subject to the state of battle and the landscape of the battleground.

When you can do this as an appropriate action in DnD, and it negatively impacts the enemy, I don’t think you can complain :chuckle
Hamster Dancing GIF

• Disagree
Reactions: TD

TD

In my experience, rogues get a ton of firepower at the beginning of a fight, but the longer combat lasts, the weaker they are and the more danger they are in.

They quickly get the ability to attempt to Hide as a bonus action at the end of their turn, but that's still subject to the state of battle and the landscape of the battleground.
I dunno even the fight outside he was running around instagibbing shit lol

Yes and as you have so eloquently put it multiple times "you won".
Any comments along those lines were lighthearted teasing and I didn’t care enough at the time of writing them to remember even writing them. If I did say something that bothered you and stuck with you, I apologize now because I’m just having fun with this game and don’t want to be doing anything that takes away from your enjoyment, especially when I don’t care about the outcome. Chaos is good enough for me as long as we all have fun

TD

You're constantly saying what you want, you're saying shit like "I won", or "I did it". You're continually trying to tell others what to do with their characters and when it's not what YOU want, you'll criticize by saying shit like "well a Tortle wouldn't do that" (just one of many examples). You'll challenge what I did when the logic is in my post, telling me that just like wolf, you're not really reading. I'm playing my character - and this is a team.

The more you keep telling me what to do, the more I want to do the opposite.

This is a team game where we are all controlling our own characters.

It's become frustrating.

You're constantly saying what you want, you're saying shit like "I won", or "I did it". You're continually trying to tell others what to do with their characters and when it's not what YOU want, you'll criticize by saying shit like "well a Tortle wouldn't do that" (just one of many examples). You'll challenge what I did when the logic is in my post, telling me that just like wolf, you're not really reading. I'm playing my character - and this is a team.

The more you keep telling me what to do, the more I want to do the opposite.

This is a team game where we are all controlling our own characters.

It's become frustrating.
I was just being silly with the “bragging” posts, I’ll cut them out since I don’t mean anything by it. I figured Kutshort and Dude had a teasing relationship, since that how we started when Tubby was still active

I am reading all the posts here. Unlike wolf, I’m more invested in this game

Sometimes your logic isn’t as clear as you think it is, so I question, not to force you to change, but to understand. When @Raine and I were questioning the goblin prior to her character announcing her betrayal, you were unilaterally just trying to walk away and move the party away and resist a rest. When I saw you weren’t going to explain further, I gave up and had my character follow you because I’m not trying to force anything, I’m trying to understand. My character has no goals for anything, so I don’t care which way things go.

Next time please let me know more clearly when I’m doing something that might frustrate you, because that is the last thing I want to do. I’m just having fun and cannot always tell when I am talking to TD here or Tortle Dude

I'm talking about your consistent OOC comments. Not in character shit.
My comments here and in character are the same because I didn’t give Kutshort a different personality and until recently I didn’t realize you had a definitive delineation between you and Dude, so I figured my talking to you and Kutshort talking to Dude were essentially the same. Just shittalking amongst friends

TD

I always wondered how realistically a rogue could be 5 feet within a goblin boss, cut someone free, and then go hide... but the goblin boss saw nothing.

That was my "oh so D&D logic is nothing like real life logic" moment.

Dragmire

Out of morbid curiosity, what classes did you combine it with?
I think I did Rogue, Sorcerer, and Paladin with MAYBE one other class in there (Ranger)

I forget the build name but the objective was to summon a blade with a spell like Booming Blade, get in a hit with sneak attack and extra attack, and then also lay on smites (Paladin) at the same time. So in a single attack I'm dumping multiple spell slots on a huge melee attack.

TD

I think I did Rogue, Sorcerer, and Paladin with MAYBE one other class in there (Ranger)

I forget the build name but the objective was to summon a blade with a spell like Booming Blade, get in a hit with sneak attack and extra attack, and then also lay on smites (Paladin) at the same time. So in a single attack I'm dumping multiple spell slots on a huge melee attack.
Multiclassing sounds so cool.

...but so does 20 levels in one class.

Decide Fox Tv GIF by Paradise Hotel

Dragmire

I think also we can keep Kut's sneak attack online very consistently as long as a single person just makes sure to stand next to whatever their target would be. If we've got a big bad we need to get down, if we put a tank directly next to that enemy the rogue's Sneak Attack will be online every turn they can attack

And by doing so we also implicitly are encouraging that enemy to flee in which case we are baiting opportunity attacks as well

TD

Dude's a lover, not a fighter, except sometimes with goblins.

(in case this has not become evident yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom