• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Yeah, former Jets and Bills coach that has a foot fetish. Google Wes Welker making fun of him. Best most worthwhile one series suspension in football history.
I'm always someone impressed with how feet people are pretty open about being into feet.

Like, I don't have the balls to be that open about things. Respect.

Except Tony Atlas. That dude takes it way too far.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

TD

The energy from the blast scours a noticeable mark on the stone wall, causing bits and shards of rock flying as shrapnel...and water begins to slowly leak from the point of impact.

It becomes apparent to the party that further damage in the same area could lead to a more severe structural collapse, potentially altering the battleground in unpredictable ways.
Reaction What GIF by Harlem

Yo @TD before I go any further, I wanna make sure you're not nerfing yourself.

I saw you listed +2 for your hit and damage on your roll.

From what I see, you should be getting +4 on your hit rolls?

You are proficient with longswords, so you get the +2 proficiency bonus. You then add your ability modifier, which is either STR or DEX because the longsword is versatile. In either case, for you this would also be +2. Thus you add +4 to your attack rolls.

View attachment 9777
This is from your character sheet. It seems to agree with me.
I got way behind on this thread but just encase TD doesn't know. The 1d8 is when you are using the sword 1 handed and the 1d10 is when you are using it 2 handed. So as long as you are not holding something else, you can swing it 2 handed for a stronger hit.

Ben Zine

Senor ember

this is klarg the bug bear from the podcast i used to listen to, do you think they know each other

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night

this is klarg the bug bear from the podcast i used to listen to, do you think they know each other
Griffin was running this exact same adventure when they started the podcast, he just took it in a wildly different direction pretty early on. I think Phandelver's supposed to be like baby's first D&D adventure or something since the Starter's Set comes with it, so that's probably why he chose it.

Ben Zine

Senor ember
Griffin was running this exact same adventure when they started the podcast, he just took it in a wildly different direction pretty early on. I think Phandelver's supposed to be like baby's first D&D adventure or something since the Starter's Set comes with it, so that's probably why he chose it.
tbh i'm totally ignorant of that stuff, the thought did cross my mind when i saw the name though

VashTheStampede

Yeah, this is on target. They eventually put out a sourcebook that took that starter adventure and expanded it out into a full, "normal" D&D campaign, and that's what I'm running this from.

They put out a new version of the Starter set eventually, and that's the adventure Ben is running.

TD

TD

I'm not sure what the bigger surprise is. Kutshort just leaving his crossbow on the cave floor or just stepping over an unconscious Hopper.

:chuckle

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
I'm not sure what the bigger surprise is. Kutshort just leaving his crossbow on the cave floor or just stepping over an unconscious Hopper.

Not trusting T'anks to look after the formerly Goblin-"owned" wolf that helped save her life minutes hours prior, too!

Tut, tut. :tease

• Haha
Reactions: TD

TD

Well your shrug is collectively a "maybe, maybe not", and with past T'anks tendencies - who really knows?

...an idea.

Buckle Up Comedy Central GIF by Drunk History

VashTheStampede

So yeah, unfortunately @shortkut is gonna have to make a new post.

Hopper is downed but not dead, so he cannot share a space with him. You can move through his space, but not stop in it.

Fortunately however, that means his melee attempt didn't happen, so he gets another hit attempt, possibly wiping out the Nat 1.

TD

@VashTheStampede

I have two questions about opportunity attacks.

a) I noticed Dragmire didn't get attacked by the wolf when he stepped beside him and moved another spot away - are opportunity attacks not always guaranteed?
b) Is moving through an enemy location "allowed" but you're opening yourself up to an opportunity attack? (as in the space they occupy)

VashTheStampede

@VashTheStampede

I have two questions about opportunity attacks.

a) I noticed Dragmire didn't get attacked by the wolf when he stepped beside him and moved another spot away - are opportunity attacks not always guaranteed?
b) Is moving through an enemy location "allowed" but you're opening yourself up to an opportunity attack? (as in the space they occupy)
A. An opportunity attack is triggered when moving out of melee range of an opponent. Dragmire stayed within melee range.

B. You can only move through enemy spaces if there's a 2 size difference between you.

T'anks Kiraine

A. An opportunity attack is triggered when moving out of melee range of an opponent. Dragmire stayed within melee range.
...Wait.

WAIT.

You can move and attack diagonally?! (e.g., one square south and east is still 5 feet and not 7.5/10 feet)

tenor.gif

🤯

I'd say there's a pretty even chance we end the first chapter tonight or the entire party blows up and we re-roll.
🤯

• Haha
Reactions: TD

TD

Also I know I get an additional Lv1 spell at Level 2 but I don't dare research that or plan for that now.

Jinx GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

T'anks Kiraine

Okay but in the interest of trying to actually make this end of chapter happen in timely fashion:

Raine used Persuasion on @Dungeon Master
T'anks has informed me that, as a demonic bestial creature, she wishes to occasionally behave like one. She says that her beautifully maintained claws, sharp teeth and majestic argali horns are very much not being properly utilized and none really fit the mold of a 1 damage Unarmed Strike. She implores the gracious and most generous Dungeon Master to bequeath unto her new forms of wanton destruction, balanced appropriately, for:

1) Clawing the fuck out of idiots.
2) Repeatedly headbutting creatures and objects that annoy her.
3) Rending flesh from bone (and maybe through bone, she's not picky) with horrific biting.
4) And, because she's some sort of sheep/ram demon creature at minimum, the ability to ram something with her very hard horns. Possibly with a knockback because she's not sure how effective ramming something but then moving back 5 feet actually is as an attack. :giggle

TD

1) Clawing the fuck out of idiots.
2) Repeatedly headbutting creatures and objects that annoy her.
3) Rending flesh from bone (and maybe through bone, she's not picky) with horrific biting.
4) And, because she's some sort of sheep/ram demon creature at minimum, the ability to ram something with her very hard horns. Possibly with a knockback because she's not sure how effective ramming something but then moving back 5 feet actually is as an attack. :giggle
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Not 1, not 2 - but 4 requests.

T'anks is a greedy devil.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom