• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE

TD

Also if the chimney is in Klarg's room, Dude totally has the personality to throw Dragmire down the chimney if he still wants it.

Shortcut unlocked!

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
I 100% Googled a Goblin song and used a piece for Dude's Inspiration to... kill Goblins. :rofl

I feel that cleric.
My singular purpose as a tank in MMOs is to give the healer(s) heart attacks, so... 😅

Alternatively, when I play healer, I'm basically channeling my inner rage demon. Pull literally every monster! Let me AoE them! While healing you when I feel like it! STOP STANDING IN POOP DAMAGE DEALERS, I WILL LET YOU DIE FOR THE SAKE OF MY OWN DEEPS. 👀

I always wondered how realistically a rogue could be 5 feet within a goblin boss, cut someone free, and then go hide... but the goblin boss saw nothing.

That was my "oh so D&D logic is nothing like real life logic" moment.
Haha, yes, zero IRL logic! Alternatively, very creative ways of interpreting what things mean. Standing point blank against a mob, but still missed? Wind suddenly kicked some sand into your eye. Or the enemy noticed a shiny penny on the ground at that exact moment. :giggle

• Haha
Reactions: TD

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
I always wondered how realistically a rogue could be 5 feet within a goblin boss, cut someone free, and then go hide... but the goblin boss saw nothing.

That was my "oh so D&D logic is nothing like real life logic" moment.
Nah that one was bullshit. Trying to figure out what kind of experience everyone is looking to get out of this.

It's not an easy job.

TD

Nah that one was bullshit. Trying to figure out what kind of experience everyone is looking to get out of this.

It's not an easy job.
I enjoy your storytelling posts with detailed descriptions, but as you may be able to tell from my posts - I'm much the same, so as long as I keep getting to tell Dude's story and possibly have an impact on the story, I'll personally be content.

That moment was probably the "oh so that's how powerful the dice can be" kinda moment. Things like that will never ruin it for me, moreso just maybe an audible "huh! I didn't think that would work".

I always assumed the stealth, and other rolls, were like a video game. If you move slowly enough, or essentially play “red light green light” with the NPC character, or hit the prompts, you are successful. It doesn’t have to make sense

metal gear solid art GIF

VashTheStampede

Yeah I've been leaning towards a little more video game style because that's what most of you are used to.

But it's more about line of sight and the natural reactions of the enemies.

Definitely going to be playing it straighter as we proceed and you get used to the mechanics.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD
I 100% Googled a Goblin song and used a piece for Dude's Inspiration to... kill Goblins. :rofl

My singular purpose as a tank in MMOs is to give the healer(s) heart attacks, so... 😅

Alternatively, when I play healer, I'm basically channeling my inner rage demon. Pull literally every monster! Let me AoE them! While healing you when I feel like it! STOP STANDING IN POOP DAMAGE DEALERS, I WILL LET YOU DIE FOR THE SAKE OF MY OWN DEEPS. 👀

Haha, yes, zero IRL logic! Alternatively, very creative ways of interpreting what things mean. Standing point blank against a mob, but still missed? Wind suddenly kicked some sand into your eye. Or the enemy noticed a shiny penny on the ground at that exact moment. :giggle
In MMOs I almost always play healer. My favorite was the OG Guild Wars back in the day. I was a necro/monk. My job in PVP was to make it impossible for the other group to win. I was very good at it. I could keep the whole other party healed with my monk abilities. When the other team realized they needed me dead to make any progress, they would focus all their attention to killing me. I would switch to necro abilities and keep myself by siphoning off their life while my team took out their team. Good times.

VashTheStampede

Yo @TD before I go any further, I wanna make sure you're not nerfing yourself.

I saw you listed +2 for your hit and damage on your roll.

From what I see, you should be getting +4 on your hit rolls?

You are proficient with longswords, so you get the +2 proficiency bonus. You then add your ability modifier, which is either STR or DEX because the longsword is versatile. In either case, for you this would also be +2. Thus you add +4 to your attack rolls.

1708648815378.png
This is from your character sheet. It seems to agree with me.

TD

...oh god have I been doing +2 on hits this whole time? I don't even know.

Yeah can we apply the +4 this time and I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom