• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Take Idk GIF by Laff
Maybe @Raine ’s backup will be easier to work with

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
It's important to understand there is a difference between "what would TD do?" and "what would Tortle Dude do?".

;)

I love seeing the different ways people take to playing their character. Some who play themselves and some who like playing a character.

On a different note I found that as a cleric I have a Ceremony spell. So if any of who want to get married or need some holy water.
1000001498.jpg

TD

Cookie Sweetmead: Things are looking tense in this cave, who wants to get married?

:clap

Cleric looks like it has some really cool abilities. The other day I was reading through Bard spells, there's a lot of really interesting ones there.

I love seeing the different ways people take to playing their character. Some who play themselves and some who like playing a character.
I think the biggest difference is (please correct me if I’m wrong) @TD and @Raine are planning their characters’ actions and motivations for the future, and I’m waiting to see what Vash says happened before I think of my next action. The only future thinking it did, was when I saw the wolves and had to befriend one of them

TD

I think the biggest difference is (please correct me if I’m wrong) @TD and @Raine are planning their characters’ actions and motivations for the future, and I’m waiting to see what Vash says happened before I think of my next action. The only future thinking it did, was when I saw the wolves and had to befriend one of them
Mine is not as much planning for the future as much as it is that I spent a lot of time (shortly after the campaign started) building out the backstory and lore of my character when I got out of my creative slump. My future plans are not set in stone, but they will be the foundation of everything Dude may become - but it is still heavily contingent on what happens during the campaign and interractions with characters.

This is normally how I do as well. I have 1 thing I have planned for Cookie in the end, past that, Cookie is along for the ride.

Mine is not as much planning for the future as much as it is that I spent a lot of time (shortly after the campaign started) building out the backstory and lore of my character when I got out of my creative slump. My future plans are not set in stone, but they will be the foundation of everything Dude may become - but it is still heavily contingent on what happens during the campaign and interractions with characters.
I literally have nothing set in stone about anything, other than the following:

1. I will kill anyone, friend or foe, that harms Hopper
  2. Tortle Dude is my friend
  3. I have wooden lower legs or wooden boots fused to my legs. I don’t care which
  4. I lived on an island after I stopped adventuring for some time, but I didn’t give any real thought as to why my character stopped or started again

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
Maybe @Raine ’s backup will be easier to work with
I mean, I made Youse as a foil to T'anks so... the one is kind of squiggly-lined the other is very straightforward. So, possibly?

On the other hand Youse is a Lawful Neutral so I'm sure that would be like tossing a tub of grease onto a campfire. 👀

On a different note I found that as a cleric I have a Ceremony spell. So if any of who want to get married or need some holy water.
What I'm getting from this is that I should probably never, ever touch Cleric. All I see is Majin Vegeta everywhere with that Atonement spell. 😂

I think the biggest difference is (please correct me if I’m wrong) @TD and @Raine are planning their characters’ actions and motivations for the future
Well outside of briefly going over how to introduce T'anks into the story with Vash, I assure you that I'm flying by the seat of my pants! But I have a rough idea of the underlying philosophy for a character/person like this, and that makes it a lot easier to predict how they would react to certain stimuli. Minus some, uhh... less-than-savory bits, probably. Which end up adding to the intrigue perhaps. 🤔

• Seen

TD

Meanwhile - TD was in a corner theorycrafting an entire Tortle family tree.

👀

A good bard does need stories, after all.

TD

Btw - y'all do whatever conversing you want. Dude is ready but he's also waiting for the group to be prepared, but may chime in if addressed.

T'anks Kiraine

That's why I made T'anks a presumed orphan. Makes shit so much easier (unless/until Vash slaps her with something out of left field lol) -- for me, not for her. :tease

Also I guess we found your malevolent being. I'm sure that'll be fun later. :giggle

Goblin <--You are here
Bugbear
???
Conehead (lol)
Ruxithid

I sense... an epic journey!

• Seen

TD

I immediately thought "major campaign villain" when I saw that name... and then read about the shared raids and started to wonder how far down this rabbit hole is gonna go.

:chuckle

TD

Lmfao.

Perfectly great Perception roll.
T'anks drops her bombshell.
Dude is rattled.
Rolls a 2.

:chuckle

At least he's in front.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Objectively speaking as characters, we shouldn't know the outcome of a roll and what it means...
This is very much my feelings on the matter.

The way I have always seen it is like such: there's a hidden door in a wall. I do a perception check. I roll a 3. I don't find the hidden door, but my character feels like I did a good job checking, so clearly there's no hidden door to find.

• Agree

T'anks Kiraine

Whoever's in pole position should be doing the Perception Check, would be what I go with. They're the one scouting ahead, the ones in the middle are doing passives/chatting/looking to the side (maybe they can roll and see hidden paths/doors that the primary one missed? IDK), the one in the rearguard is keeping an eye out for ambushes

• Agree

TD

Then when we all survive we can suffer heartbreak when we lose a double digit leveled adventurer to our third campaign.

TD

Btw - Dude is clearly intent on moving on in current state. You may or may not be able to change his current attitude if you'd like to try, or you can plow ahead with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom