• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Judging from reactions, you guys seem confused by my actions. Remember, Kutshort is chaotic neutral. Dude is my friend, T’anks has not yet earned that spot

View attachment 9694
And Dude is clearly not handling this well.

Will Ferrell Old School Movie GIF

TD

and I literally just finished FFIV.

Betrayal betrayal betrayal betrayal death betrayal sacrifice death betrayal, etc.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
The worst part about IV is that they almost all come back!

Some of those scenes are pretty great! Not a huge fan of Kain even though I love me some Dragoon. :giggle

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: TD

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
I do think that's a solid place for me to call it a night on the DMing. Long work day tomorrow to prep for inventory so I'll be on a little later in the afternoon/evening than usual to pick things back up.

TD

Also just gotta say...

Trying to embrace D&D concepts and truly play a Chaotic Good character is such an interesting balancing act to maintain and I'm loving it.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
I've always found the Alignment Grid to be fascinating, since it works as-is and changes significantly depending on your exact, personal interpretation of what Law-Chaos and Good-Evil are.

Law is an easy one - that can be literally the letter of the authority's rule (or, uh, y'know, laws). Or, it can be a personal code. Or, it can become "Order" in either a hard or a soft sense; authoritarian, perhaps, or more of a "adhere to these societal rules or be exiled."

...I basically always adhere to Chaotic Neutral, since that tends to be the most "personal" freedom. Sometimes it veers a little more towards Chaotic Good, with the Good in the sense of "what is right to create the most favorable outcome for the largest number of people possible." Others, well... we'll see on that one. ;)

Chaotic Evil itself is pretty boring though. Largely comic book villain stuff with no shades of gray present, in my experience with non-D&D stuff.

• Chef’s Kiss
Reactions: TD

TD

Chaotic Evil itself is pretty boring though. Largely comic book villain stuff with no shades of gray present, in my experience with non-D&D stuff.
👀

My backup is Chaotic Evil. From what I've read in most places, they pretty much all devolve into murderhobos. That's why Tortle Danger is Chaotic Evil, because I would challenge myself to find a way to embrace it but also have a reason and yes, murder is in the playbook, but it's so much bigger. If I ever get to use him.

:chuckle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom