• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Me having just played FF I - IV and about to move on to V wondering when we'll encounter our first town.

cat loop GIF

TD

Confused The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

I'll be honest - I'm unsure what to make of the current situation but I'm excited to see where this is going. I fully expected to get bombarded by attacks after my Deception attempt and it took a turn I did not see coming... but, it's opened my eyes a bit to possible approaches of situations.

Confused The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

I'll be honest - I'm unsure what to make of the current situation but I'm excited to see where this is going. I fully expected to get bombarded by attacks after my Deception attempt and it took a turn I did not see coming... but, it's opened my eyes a bit to possible approaches of situations.
Same here. I’m curious if I summon groot or what happens with my intimidation attempt

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
Same here. I’m curious if I summon groot or what happens with my intimidation attempt
This is Kutshort right now:

They immediately get attacked by the piranha robots lol

The first thing I did when I started FF14 ~9 years ago, was figure out how to make the Universal Greeting fit within the character limit for my Chocobo's name. I've never changed it. 😂

bahwipgranawipninibon.png

• Shocked
Reactions: TD

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
This is Kutshort right now:

They immediately get attacked by the piranha robots lol

The first thing I did when I started FF14 ~9 years ago, was figure out how to make the Universal Greeting fit within the character limit for my Chocobo's name. I've never changed it. 😂

View attachment 9665

Ironically the first thing I thought of when I first read about this goblin was Starscream...

T'anks Kiraine

Heyyyyy it's your former avatar. Always wondered what that was.
Oh! Yes, she's my XIV character. The thread here on GWF never really got off the ground enough for everyone to start posting their glamours and whatnot. :giggle

ffxiv_kiraine_avatar.jpg
ffxiv_kiraine.jpg

Ironically the first thing I thought of when I first read about this goblin was Starscream...
Hmm... now that you mention it! 😱

Hopefully they're both as incompetent as Starscream and Megatron, then. lol

• Love

TD

It's unclear to me if they are torturing the goblin boss or Tortle Dude at this point.

That's okay... maybe there'll be long lasting storyline implications.

👀

T'anks Kiraine

Spoiler: The Goblin boss rushes in to save the party during the final boss fight, dying heroically in front of Dude after being inspired by tales of his propensity to booty dance in front of extraordinarily large and dangerous reptiles of all ancestry. And possibly a couple of angry chickens, for good measure.

Dude still hated him as he was vaporized. :giggle

TD

Spoiler: The Goblin boss rushes in to save the party during the final boss fight, dying heroically in front of Dude after being inspired by tales of his propensity to booty dance in front of extraordinarily large and dangerous reptiles of all ancestry. And possibly a couple of angry chickens, for good measure.

Dude still hated him as he was vaporized. :giggle
Geeez where's the spoiler tag.
;)

@TD why does Dude trust the goblins to watch our 6? Also shouldn’t they leave to get all of his followers out of the cave first? You’re being hasty for a Tortle. We need him to clear the cave. Right now all he has done was say he would clear it

TD

If you've been reading my posts, you'd know why Dude is moving on, and it's absolutely not for them to "watch our 6."

T'anks Kiraine

RPG logic dictates that as soon as you hit a loading screen or otherwise screen transition, everything that needs done is done. It doesn't matter how many hours it takes or how far behind the NPCs were - they'll be done before you arrive.

Also, children are immune to all forms of dangers and do not actually require protection/rescuing. They just walk to the deepest part of the dungeon and wait for dumdum adventurers to struggle to show up.

It is known.

• Haha
RPG logic dictates that as soon as you hit a loading screen or otherwise screen transition, everything that needs done is done. It doesn't matter how many hours it takes or how far behind the NPCs were - they'll be done before you arrive.

Also, children are immune to all forms of dangers and do not actually require protection/rescuing. They just walk to the deepest part of the dungeon and wait for dumdum adventurers to struggle to show up.

It is known.
If @VashTheStampede confirms, then we start walking… otherwise I want them to clear out before we go

T'anks Kiraine

Vash has definitely had too much of the asshole kids walking into dungeons and being perfectly fine while his party is maimed and near death.

Watch out, you little cretins, he has DM Status now! :nuts

• Chef’s Kiss

T'anks Kiraine

@VashTheStampede are we abiding by @Raine ’s loading screen logic?
I'm half shitposting and half being serious. :chuckle

I do genuinely think it's the most pragmatic approach though, otherwise we're start-stopping as NPCs show up, leave, do their thing, etc.

The other alternative I guess would've been they did all the moving out while the party was doing Long Rest (or will do this, wherever we decide to Long Rest). But from a practical standpoint, once combat ends, I think we should assume that all nearby NPCs are non-aggressive unless acted upon. ...Barring the DM wanting to do certain things, but I assume that would be telegraphed. 🤔

I'm half shitposting and half being serious. :chuckle

I do genuinely think it's the most pragmatic approach though, otherwise we're start-stopping as NPCs show up, leave, do their thing, etc.

The other alternative I guess would've been they did all the moving out while the party was doing Long Rest (or will do this, wherever we decide to Long Rest). But from a practical standpoint, once combat ends, I think we should assume that all nearby NPCs are non-aggressive unless acted upon. ...Barring the DM wanting to do certain things, but I assume that would be telegraphed. 🤔
I wasn’t sure, which is why I kept interacting with the goblin. It seemed to me like you were doing the same because @VashTheStampede didn’t have them act on anything other than give us answers

T'anks Kiraine

I wasn’t sure, which is why I kept interacting with the goblin. It seemed to me like you were doing the same because @VashTheStampede didn’t have them act on anything other than give us answers
I was trying real, real hard to break the game. :D

I took the goblin giving us the prisoner and the hint (instead of one or the other) as the furthest win condition Vash would allow for, since we don't actually know how big the cave is and removing a good percentage of the remaining mobs could be... troublesome. For him, not us! :chuckle

Actual mileage may vary even with the flavor text that Gobscream (that's his name now, no takebacks) is actually getting his men outta dodge. But yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom