• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Unless they slit his throat while we sleep and bring Klarg to us, then goblin boss gets a big bad reward for capturing us.

Functionally, I think this is more a concern for Dude and T'anks as they have important Spell Slots. Plus Bardic Inspiration. I was kinda just fucking around (and finding out lol) in that first battle, but... more tactical usage would probably be beneficial.

On the other hand, the only "real" downside is the passage of time. We've arrived in time to save Sildar, which is good, and it seems like Gundren is in a different locale so it should be safe to assume that it's spaced enough that at least one Long Rest won't get him story-gibbed or anything.

But who knows. 🤔
I was thinking about your spell slots and healing Sildar when I initially suggested a place to rest

TD

C'mon Sildar.

homer simpson GIF

TD

No like Dude actually can. He's got a ring that lets him walk on water. Big part of Tortle training. Probably why his younger brother became a pirate.

TD

Also... just saying. Dude may have demonstrated numerous times that he's willing to put himself at the forefront of danger and you just gotta keep your distance, then if there's a trap, y'all don't get caught up in it.

Hence:
If we're going to be on our way, then let's go. But I'm in front - and stay out of the light.

Dude swings his sword around the cavern, demonstrating that it is at it's brightest within 15 feet.

TD

Dragmire: almost kills T'anks with unseen servant
Everyone: no biggie
T'anks: almost breaks her neck falling down a chimney
Kutshort: leads us to a deadly snake
T'anks: leads us to an ambush and almost dies
Dude: has an idea
Everyone: let's have a sleepover with goblins

Justin Timberlake What GIF

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
Raine on that Helldivers 2 shit
does not know what Helldivers even is
Helldivers 2 is one of those things that I ended up going 0 to 60 in nanoseconds on. Literally didn't know anything about it (heard of/knew about the first one), then watched the trailer and I'm like "...that was a really awesome trailer, that game's gonna slap." And then, couple of days later, it surely did blew'd the hell up.

Two days later, this Thursday, Helldivers II drops on PS5 and is the actual online team game you should be playing this week if anything. The first game released back in 2015 as a top-down, team-based twinstick shooter sort of in the vein of a Total Carnage or, perhaps more aptly given Arrowhead Game Studios' release a year prior, Gauntlet. Helldiver II serves as a sort of departure from this, having the same general gameplay loop but now with a third-person camera. So you're now looking at something more akin to Capcom's Lost Planet or perhaps in some regards Earth Defense Force.

• Hmm
Reactions: TD

TD

Helldivers 2 is one of those things that I ended up going 0 to 60 in nanoseconds on. Literally didn't know anything about it (heard of/knew about the first one), then watched the trailer and I'm like "...that was a really awesome trailer, that game's gonna slap." And then, couple of days later, it surely did blew'd the hell up.
Not my thing but if you're into that genre I definitely see the potential of it.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
Not my thing but if you're into that genre I definitely see the potential of it.
That's the thing, too - I'm not remotely interested in online co-op shooters, generally! Still lowkey interested just to use flamethrowers on oversized alien insects. ...Maybe at some point in the future and not at full price, I mean. 👀

And I guess more to the point I miss games that weren't 100% serious, 100% of the time. That trailer was just silly in the right way. :chuckle

• Haha
Reactions: TD

TD

That's the thing, too - I'm not remotely interested in online co-op shooters, generally! Still lowkey interested just to use flamethrowers on oversized alien insects. ...Maybe at some point in the future and not at full price, I mean. 👀

And I guess more to the point I miss games that weren't 100% serious, 100% of the time. That trailer was just silly in the right way. :chuckle
Oh those games that are just nonsense definitely has a time and a place - I always tend to have a difficult time finding ones like that I enjoy but once in a while I find one ( CHAOS).

My main thing is I just don't play shooter based games at all anymore. If this was like swinging swords, shooting a bow, or casting spells I'd be all over it but that's just where my tastes are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom