• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
Message >> Sildar Hallwinter
"Thank you. I will pass this along to the others as soon as it is safe to do so. As for you... if we leave you here, I fear they will kill you. Please do not hesitate to flee if things turn ugly, we can regroup at the cave entrance. Hold your tongue for now."

T'anks affects an uncharacteristic giggle, much more loudly than she needs to, in order to draw attention. She looks at the Goblin Boss.

Of course Klarg isn't a Goblin. As my boy told you, we're doing a stint for your boss - your Bugbear boss. But you know how Humans are, they can't tell one species from another. They still think I'm a Devil! Can ya believe that?

She gives Dude a playful smile.

But listen... we're definitely at an impasse here. We can't leave the prisoner with your goons. It's our heads if anything happens to him, and we need to deliver him. Plus, we can't take you with us, now can we? I told your goons to stand down and they tried to murder me!

Intimidation >> Goblin Boss
So let's take this from the top, shall we love? And this time... being a little more honest. You want Klarg dead. We want more information on why that's a good idea. You give us information, you take your sorry hide out of this cave alongside whatever other vermin want to join you, and we kill anything left inside when we're ready. When you come back in a week, ta-da, you're in charge.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
"Thank you. I will pass this along to the others as soon as it is safe to do so. As for you... if we leave you here, I fear they will kill you. Please do not hesitate to flee if things turn ugly, we can regroup at the cave entrance. Hold your tongue for now."

T'anks affects an uncharacteristic giggle, much more loudly than she needs to, in order to draw attention. She looks at the Goblin Boss.

Of course Klarg isn't a Goblin. As my boy told you, we're doing a stint for your boss - your Bugbear boss. But you know how Humans are, they can't tell one species from another. They still think I'm a Devil! Can ya believe that?

But listen... we're definitely at an impasse here. We can't leave the prisoner with your goons. It's our heads if anything happens to him, and we need to deliver him. Plus, we can't take you with us, now can we? I told your goons to stand down and they tried to murder me!

So let's take this from the top, shall we love? And this time... being a little more honest. You want Klarg dead. We want more information on why that's a good idea. You give us information, you take your sorry hide out of this cave alongside whatever other vermin want to join you, and we kill anything left inside when we're ready. When you come back in a week, ta-da, you're in charge.
Proud I Did It GIF by myHQ

I’m onboard with this. Just want to wait and see what @GwJumpman thinks

TD

What Jumpy will see when he comes back:

Oh wow Dude stopped the whole fight with a lie!
Oh I wonder what we're gonna do next.
Oh - they restarted the fight!
ELDRITCH BLAST!

T'anks Kiraine

CHAOS!!

We didn't want to go too far ahead without you, so we paused last night. Is this something that strikes your fancy before doing the Danny DeVito with Eldritch Blast? :giggle

• Chef’s Kiss
Reactions: TD

TD

Well I rolled a 20 in the 69 game so obviously I'll roll a 20 here.

ignoring that it was in the bottom 25% of rolls again.

T'anks Kiraine

Also sorry I'm not the most active in the campaign thread, I'm not a huge RPer and I'm addicted to FFXI at the moment so I tend to not have much to say during some social interactions
Like the gents said, not a problem! I think D&D is whatever we want it to be for the most part. I'm definitely more, um... puzzle-oriented I guess you could say? Also, stories! So absolutely expect stupid shit on the regular outside of combat. 👀

If there's anything dumb you ever wanna try there's nothing to say you can't just spell it out plainly and make Vash do some extra legwork. Until he tells you to give him a good reason for why this is supposed to work lol

• Agree

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Like the gents said, not a problem! I think D&D is whatever we want it to be for the most part. I'm definitely more, um... puzzle-oriented I guess you could say? Also, stories! So absolutely expect stupid shit on the regular outside of combat. 👀

If there's anything dumb you ever wanna try there's nothing to say you can't just spell it out plainly and make Vash do some extra legwork. Until he tells you to give him a good reason for why this is supposed to work lol
This is basically D&D in a nutshell in my experience (barring bad DMs).

Also you're not the only one that's more puzzle oriented, judging from a poll that was run in this forum during the earliest days. I've definitely kept that in mind and am going to try and hamfistedly shove some puzzles into these pre-made campaigns.

TD

It is my understanding that murderhobos turn to murder for everything.

We are trying to not murder.

Trying.

TD

Okay so.

Dude has zero trust of the situation.
Sildar seems to be a mixed bag.
The other three seem to be thinking it's valuable.

Whatchu wanna do.

T'anks Kiraine

Something we took advantage of and to consider moving forward: managing usage of our rests.
Functionally, I think this is more a concern for Dude and T'anks as they have important Spell Slots. Plus Bardic Inspiration. I was kinda just fucking around (and finding out lol) in that first battle, but... more tactical usage would probably be beneficial.

On the other hand, the only "real" downside is the passage of time. We've arrived in time to save Sildar, which is good, and it seems like Gundren is in a different locale so it should be safe to assume that it's spaced enough that at least one Long Rest won't get him story-gibbed or anything.

But who knows. 🤔

• This Is Fine
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom