• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Kutshort is always watching and on edge.
rolls a 2
Happy Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

That's how the dice be. You've had good combat rolls too.

...me? Well, we know about me.

Except that Insight roll. That was a pleasant change.
:chuckle
I’m glad you did that roll. I was thinking it was implied, so I didn’t say anything in my initial post. I’m having a lot of fun, but forget some of these nuances.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD
belly flops into a river to cause a distraction
booty shaked for a snake
draws all attention to himself and ends combat with a lie

Dc Comics Date GIF by PENNYWORTH
You knew we needed to distract the snake

With the river, we had no reason to suspect there were enemies, so you were having fun. You can be straddling the edge of the box if you don’t like being a Box Tortle

TD

You knew we needed to distract the snake

With the river, we had no reason to suspect there were enemies, so you were having fun. You can be straddling the edge of the box if you don’t like being a Box Tortle
Why are you so concerned with trying to diminish my play and play yourself up as the one who's thinking outside the box?

It's off-putting and assumptive.

Why are you so concerned with trying to diminish my play and play yourself up as the one who's thinking outside the box?

It's off-putting and assumptive.
I’m not at all trying to diminish your play or build myself up. I’m sorry if you got that impression. My initial comment was just to have fun. I meant nothing by it. Please accept this picture of a turtle climbing out of a box as an apology gift

IMG_8498.jpeg

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Just a friendly suggestion from your DM:

feel free to use this thread to discuss plans and such before leaping right into things without seeing how your party feels about it.

obviously some instances will call for more impulsive plays

and also if everyone in the party is cool with the current methodology then feel free to ignore this suggestion

just something that may help in the long term

TD

I'll add that I will only do my personal planning while in character but have no opposition to y'all planning in here if you want.

Just the way that I'm personally preferring to play, but I'm trying to show what Dude might be thinking with my in character text. If you opt something different (as has been done many times already), it won't upset me.

Just putting that out there.

Last edited:
I'll add that I will only do my personal planning while in character but have no opposition to y'all planning in here if you want.

Just the way that I'm personally preferring to play, but I'm trying to show what Dude might be thinking with my in character text. If you opt something different (as has been done many times already), it won't upset me.

Kust putting that out there.
Slightly confusing but okay.

My ideal outcome is to have Sildar and the goblin (that refuses to name himself) help us to kill Klarg. I hope this goblin can just order other goblins away, like the sentry at the bridge. We can always double cross him if we need to, or have a goblin king in our debt

Just so you guys know... You can knock folks unconscious with unarmed strikes or blunt weapons as long as you declare doing so. :mog Just got to get them to almost aliven't with that attack. Then you're free to do whatever is deemed necessary. Or humorous.

• Cheers!

TD

I'm happy to wait for Jump who hasn't been online.

Also happy if y'all wanna get moving, but I don't want to neglect Jumpy.

(although I'm guessing he wouldn't mind getting his Eldritch Blast on)

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
T’anks how perceptive do you think this goblin is? Do you think we could say we’re leaving Sildar tied up but slip him a dagger so he can free himself after we are out of sight?
Well, I'm going to go with pretty perceptive because he's conniving and ambitious?

I would think it would go two ways:

We leave Sildar bound and gagged and take Goblin Boss with us, who invariably either gets us killed by traps or backstabs us the moment Klarg's demise is assured. YMMV on Sildar's fate.

We take Sildar with us, but then worry about Goblin Boss trying to jump us. So either T'anks or Kutshort needs to watch the back while the other takes the lead, looking for traps and the like. ...If this was one of muh viduya gaemz Goblin Boss wouldn't show up until Klarg's boss fight though. 🤔

And of course I did whatever I did before reading any of these posts so... surprise! :giggle

• Hmm

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.

(although I'm guessing he wouldn't mind getting his Eldritch Blast on)
Likewise, I don't want to jump too far ahead of Jumpy. Plus I should probably start doing my release thread. 😅

• Haha

But will we get moving with gobby or Sildar?

My vote is to talk to Sildar and see if he is okay freeing himself after we leave so we can use this goblin and have Sildar follow at a safe distance for the final boss fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom