• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Well from the sounds of things - Sildar may have plot armour too which may help.

:chuckle

This fight is far from over though, I feel it in my loins.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
We're gonna... need to define rushing ahead here.

I WAS SET UP. ALL THE BOMBS, ALL THE SETUP, ALL IN MY FACE.

I moved like 3 whole squares before getting ambushed by my awful Stealth check. It's not my fault looking around both corners didn't reveal the large room with Gobbies ~10 feet away!! :rofl

• Haha
Reactions: TD

T'anks Kiraine

I. But? You! I mean??

Okay I see how you might interpret her actions in a certain way. :giggle

This is exactly something Aims would do.

But at least he's a barbarian.
In my defense they told me to roll for a random character! I'm definitely more of an unga-bunga RPG/MMO player than a mage-y type. 👀

Which is why Get Rekt is a dumb as rocks Half-Orc Barbarian lol

My thinking: if we can get a safe place for a long rest, we take it. I think everyone has run out of their spell slots, and Sildar can heal. I don’t need more than a short rest maximum, so my character can stand watch. Also, we get one more ally to help us through the goblin tunnels and kill Klarg

• Hmm

TD

Assuming they wouldn't betray us and slit our throats as we sleep.

...they are goblins after all.

I. But? You! I mean??

Okay I see how you might interpret her actions in a certain way. :giggle

In my defense they told me to roll for a random character! I'm definitely more of an unga-bunga RPG/MMO player than a mage-y type. 👀

Which is why Get Rekt is a dumb as rocks Half-Orc Barbarian lol
You can multi class. Which means you can take levels in another class. You kind of level each class separately. Vash would be way better at explaining this as I have never done it. But for example, when/if you guys get to level 2, instead of going to level 2 bard you could take a level in another class. Now you do have to have a minimum stats for that certain classes. Here is a chart if that.
1000001506.jpg
So for example, you could take a class in fighter because you have over 13 dex. Which opens up the fighter abilities for you.

TD

I could be wrong but I think the whole party has to commit to long rest and it has to go uninterrupted to work.

TD

You can multi class. Which means you can take levels in another class. You kind of level each class separately. Vash would be way better at explaining this as I have never done it. But for example, when/if you guys get to level 2, instead of going to level 2 bard you could take a level in another class. Now you do have to have a minimum stats for that certain classes. Here is a chart if that.
View attachment 9594
So for example, you could take a class in fighter because you have over 13 dex. Which opens up the fighter abilities for you.
This seems like a great way to stockpile some early level class specific stuff if you'd want it.

Hm...

T'anks Kiraine

So I don't know shit about D&D.

But it's a general genre staple that Goblins get a bad rap and are actually quirky, fun-loving idiots. Socioeconomic musing, in my RPGs? It's more likely than you think!

There's still a good chance they'll slit your throat while you sleep lol

• Haha
This seems like a great way to stockpile some early level class specific stuff if you'd want it.

Hm...
Each time you level, you'll pick which class you are leveling with.

I don't know how Vash feels, but I've always thought you should have some what of a story reason for the second class. Like why did you find a god and be a paladin all of a sudden? But I don't think this is mandatory. Like if Tanks wants to take rogue as a sub class, it could be because of Kuts influence on her. Kut being so cool and all. But your story is your own to build.

I thought Cookie taking bard class would be cool, but she doesn't have the charisma for it.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
View attachment 9594
It's generally accepted that you should wait to multiclass until you've leveled enough in your primary class to unlock more of your class features.

T'anks Kiraine

...This is a train wreck waiting to happen with someone like me. :rofl

Well, let me work on not murdering T'anks before that's even a possible consideration first. :giggle

• Haha

TD

So I don't know shit about D&D.

But it's a general genre staple that Goblins get a bad rap and are actually quirky, fun-loving idiots. Socioeconomic musing, in my RPGs? It's more likely than you think!

There's still a good chance they'll slit your throat while you sleep lol
I don't personally do theorizing/planning too much OOC, so if y'all think it's a good idea... let's just say you'll have to convince Dude.

...in character.

;)

But my last OOC bit on it...
This doesn't scream "trust him"...
:chuckle

voice tinged with a mix of cunning and greed

Let’s see
@Christina wpuld you be so kind as to assist in convincing @VashTheStampede to allow my plan even if it violated the typical rules of a long rest?

My thinking: if we can get a safe place for a long rest, we take it. I think everyone has run out of their spell slots, and Sildar can heal. I don’t need more than a short rest maximum, so my character can stand watch. Also, we get one more ally to help us through the goblin tunnels and kill Klarg

Which is why I’d stand watch and then I can wake you if he tries anything

T'anks Kiraine

Pushing buttons is my specialty!

Good buttons? Bad buttons? Beats me, mang.

WHICH BUTTONS DO I PRESS

I was going to write something here, but... it occurs to me that since I'm not dead yet it would probably be a good idea to have T'anks do it instead. 👀

• Seen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom