• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
But will we get moving with gobby or Sildar?

My vote is to talk to Sildar and see if he is okay freeing himself after we leave so we can use this goblin and have Sildar follow at a safe distance for the final boss fight
@Raine @TD do your characters approve of this idea? @Raine can you have T’anks check with Sildar if he is onboard?

I think we need a long rest prior to the next boss fight.

@GwJumpman what are your thoughts?

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Does this part of your post not mean you do not want to work with the goblin?
You could say that, but the part you aren't quoting is where Dude is still firmly gripping his sword...

;)

To avoid any confusion, is fight now and bring Sildar with us for the Klarg encounter. But again, I'm good with majority.

You could say that, but the part you aren't quoting is where Dude is still firmly gripping his sword...

;)

To avoid any confusion, is fight now and bring Sildar with us for the Klarg encounter. But again, I'm good with majority.
I wasn’t specific enough about fighting now, but otherwise I got it right.

Maybe we can interrogate him for information

• Hmm
Reactions: TD

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
@VashTheStampede so strictly speaking, should our characters be familiar with races?

I know of Goblins, Hobgoblins and Bugbears in other games, and I wouldn't think saying Bugbear would make a difference... but beyond that probably a Check of some variety?

TD

We need to erase the box a little! :tease
Getting Ready Episode 2 GIF by The Office

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
@VashTheStampede so strictly speaking, should our characters be familiar with races?

I know of Goblins, Hobgoblins and Bugbears in other games, and I wouldn't think saying Bugbear would make a difference... but beyond that probably a Check of some variety?
Depending on the type of being that you want to know about, it could be an Arcana, History, Nature, or Religion check. In the case of knowledge of a Bugbear, it would be a Nature check.

Even if you completely botch the check, you'll still recall baseline knowledge of the creature. You might just get more with a better result.

TD

...in case it's not clear, Dude is not remotely convinced our long rest would be completed uninterrupted.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Keep in mind that a long rest is made in shifts. Someone will always be awake and watching out for the rest of the party. It doesn't make long resting 100% safe but depending on who is watching when shit goes down, it can mitigate the damage somewhat.

• Hmm

TD

Ostensibly these are the options I've seen mentioned, which may be combinable in some situations.

a) Take a long rest under goblin protection and hope it's not interrupted or proceed with no rest
b) Fight these goblins now or later
c) Bring either Sildar or the Goblin Boss with us
d) Try to provoke Klarg into doing something
e) Interrogating is an option, presumably depending on who has the opportunity

...and bunch of other possibilities that have been undiscussed but less could be more.

TD

Keep in mind that a long rest is made in shifts. Someone will always be awake and watching out for the rest of the party. It doesn't make long resting 100% safe but depending on who is watching when shit goes down, it can mitigate the damage somewhat.
If we are attacked in the middle of it though, we don't gain the benefits of the 8 hour rest though, right? Or am I wrong?

TD

I only need a short rest, so do I have to take a long rest with the rest of the group? Can I stand watch the entire time with my passive perception?
Pretty sure Vash said the whole party has to take the same type of rest.

It's 8 hours, 6 hours resting, 2 hours of activity.

So all 4 of us would rotate for that two hour window I think while the others rest for 6.

Pretty sure Vash said the whole party has to take the same type of rest.

It's 8 hours, 6 hours resting, 2 hours of activity.

So all 4 of us would rotate for that two hour window I think while the others rest for 6.
when looking up Druid’s, I saw elves need less time for a long rest. Since I’m half-elf, and I only want a short rest, maybe we can make an exception, @VashTheStampede ?

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
VIOLENCE

Also objectively speaking the Goblin Boss is lying, right?

Like surely there isn't a castle inside this cave, right?

So... Klarg isn't even in this cave for the Goblin Boss to take us to him, right?

• Hmm

TD

Dude and Dragmire have caught up.
T'anks is back to full HP.
Sildar has a dagger.
Hopper has teeth.

2 goblin bosses and 2 goblins.
6v4.

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

TD

You got one, don't get greedy because you might lose said one.

Although Dude would obviously be happy with three heaping piles of meat.

TD

Or get tamed by the goblins then we have to fight wolves and goblins together. That would be terrible.

Yes - I'm the "BUT WHAT IF THIS HAPPENS" guy.

(but I was still right about the horse bomb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom