• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Mobile Marvel Snap

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
So without knowing which/how many cards he can't create, including all released cards right now the total of 4.16 x 10^20 combinations of the 12 cards he generates.

Now we include your starting cards as well. Since we must include Arishem, this makes 1.77 X 10^19 different combinations of cards you could start with.

Then if we combine those two buckets we get, 3.69 x 10^39 different deck combos possible.

This is approximately the square root of the number of atoms estimated to be in the known universe, so praise Arishem for that.

There is a very good chance I fucked some math here
I am so turned on right now...

Team, what play makes you feel like your at the height of your skills?
definitely when I feel like I've anticipated my opponents moves and prepared perfectly for it.

(like this)

Screenshot_20240718_010411_SNAP.png

IMG_2604.png
Not quite as quick as Avenger, but fairly smooth this month. Got a lot of climbing done with Destroy while Bar Sinister was the featured location (love putting Deadpool or Wolverine plus Venom on there on turn 4/5), then flipped between a few decks, but ultimately Arishem got me the rest of the way.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
One minor thing that makes me feel like I'm killing it is snapping to get 2 cubes.

Those moments where the boardstate is either even or you're behind and you think "I'm gonna win, but once I make this play they're going to retreat."

You can try and slow play, but then once you make your move they retreat and you get 1 cube. Or you Snap a little early and they stuck around, see they're fucked, but by then you get that extra cube as if you won a full match.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
One minor thing that makes me feel like I'm killing it is snapping to get 2 cubes.

Those moments where the boardstate is either even or you're behind and you think "I'm gonna win, but once I make this play they're going to retreat."

You can try and slow play, but then once you make your move they retreat and you get 1 cube. Or you Snap a little early and they stuck around, see they're fucked, but by then you get that extra cube as if you won a full match.
I play a lot of my games as I would a poker game. I slow play big hands, I'll even bluff if I have a good read on my opponent.

I'm horrible at cube management, so when I do it well, I'm proud.

also enjoying my new deck:

Screenshot_20240718_112835_SNAP.png
he stegroned my wong to mid, I was close to a Shaw, hazmat, surfer, odin turn 7.

but I had to put surfer right.

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
ATTENTION THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY

Anyone bust out on deadpools diner yet?

Avenger is going to try to play and get a streak at the lowest level to build up bubs and hopefully not try not to bust out quickly

THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SPOKEN :smash 🤨

I busted out immediately. Just tried again after a couple hours and Copycat helped me beat a Destroy deck by stealing Arnim Zola's ability.

I really don't like the mode, not looking forward to trying to grind out Cassandra. The matte red borders are nice though.
I also lost immediately

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I busted out quick, then I tried to play more like I would poker (never betting more than I can afford to lose), that worked for a bit, then I went all in at the pizza level and got surprised by an Ultron in a game I was sure I won.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
I don't think that's even the problem, I think the problem is that you can buy in to a table that costs less than you have, but you can lose everything on it either way.

at the "640" table, that should be the max you can LOSE. and unless I'm seriously mistaken, it isn't.
I think the description I read was that the table represents the max from the 3 auto snaps the game makes, so for cereal its 80, since it starts at 10 and doubles to 20 the 40 then 80.

This doesn't account for snaps by the players, so it could go to 160 and then 320.

But basically it is saying to play you have to at least have enough to cover the base snaps.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I think the description I read was that the table represents the max from the 3 auto snaps the game makes, so for cereal its 80, since it starts at 10 and doubles to 20 the 40 then 80.

This doesn't account for snaps by the players, so it could go to 160 and then 320.

But basically it is saying to play you have to at least have enough to cover the base snaps.
right, and I think that's a shitty way to go about it personally.

I wanna go in knowing the max I'd be able to lose.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Because the stakes start jumping on turn 4, if you don't have a solid hand by that point, you should be retreating.

Also note there does seem to be a noticeable amount of bots in the Diner mode, so if you can tell you are playing against one, try to take as much advantage as you can.

It’s fundamentally not a complicated mode or really that difficult to understand. The Reddit meltdown that’s going on really isn’t warranted. But they have done a really poor job explaining it. I’m with Cole that if I’m at an X value table that is the most I should be able to lose.

Doing fine with it really. I’m just under 5k but have had some horrible luck with my opponent (mostly Arishem) decks top decking exactly what they need to win on the last turn when we’re both all in. Haven’t played that many games because I’m on holiday, but plenty of time to get Cassandra.

I haven’t really read much on it but is there a downside to gambling all my buns before I go to sleep? We should be ending all our days with a huge gamble right?
It seems like it. You don’t lose off of your rank, so in 8 hours you’ll be full again. Bet big before bed and when you wake up you’ve replenished your supply of bubs

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
I haven’t really read much on it but is there a downside to gambling all my buns before I go to sleep? We should be ending all our days with a huge gamble right?
Usually you should be okay unless your current bub supply is way higher than your replenishmemt level, then you lose out on higher stakes tables when you replenish your bubs. This is one of the bits of info they should share, but you only know your replenishment if you are below it. They very well could put your bubs as 22K/12.6K if you are above.

All that said, I think the replenishment upgrades generally grow fairly in line with your bub collecting. Like you shouldn't find yourself with 1 million bubs but only getting 1 thousand when you replenish them

Back
Top Bottom