Mobile Marvel Snap

Marvel Snap is a menace and I can't stop.
I just started a few months ago. I love how I can play for literally 2 minutes if I need to. Most other games require more time to be set aside.

I play marvel contest of champions, @Crazy Jamie used to play it with me (him being at the highest skill level, me leaching).

I used to play Another Eden, kind of the spiritual sequel to chrono trigger. I love almost everything about the game; great plot, no energy limits, completely single player, free to play but it’s a hatch’s game so hard to get top characters. Unfortunately, it eventually got to the point where I need to grind endlessly for material to craft the top weapons or new skill bonuses for a new mechanic they added to the game.

Cut to cg slamming cosmo or enchantress to wreck plans.

But seriously when he works, he's awesome, but he's so easy to counter. First time I ever got to infinite rank I rode a pretty basic wong deck with ironheart, white tiger, doom and Odin
I haven’t reached infinite yet. Highest I’ve reached is 84

Right now I’m running ironheart, white tiger, Odin. I like getting scorpion or iceman to hit multiple times, but I can only really do that when an opponent uses wave. I once fucked up someone’s day by throwing scorpion down on the location where it fills with that champ. He rage quit immediately after :chuckle

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Other than the Champ, I dig most of the Baby variants as I'm a big fan of Skottie Young, and a good number of them I have the comics they're from framed and decorating the kids bedroom. Favorite of those is probably Super Skrull.

I'm still hunting the God Emperor Doom by Alex Ross for Secret Wars.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Also love this Jessica Jones. Wish she was a card worth playing Screenshot_20230709-134952.png

I will also impulsively buy any Dan hipp varient that shows up in my shop when I have enough gold.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
It's pretty cool to chat with you guys about the game. No one else I know even knows what it is, and the subreddit is full of people who apparently hate the game and have no joy in their life (this describes the majority of video game subreddits)

Anyways, you dudes rocking any cool decks you wanna share? This is my main go to right now

Screenshot_20230709-154758.png

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm never going to hit infinite because I never just settle down and focus on one deck. I see a fun mechanic or some meme deck and have to go mess around with it instead of climbing. I'm at CL 5000+ so its a hellhole once I get to the high 80s. Last season I got to 96 but can't break that glass ceiling.

This season I've been playing around with a Phoenix Force/Shuri deck, focused around bringing Human Torch/Multiple Man back with PF. It's super fun but not very consistent.

Having the best luck so far with a Sera Surfer deck featuring Shadow King and Absorbing Man. SK to nerf all the Knulls/Venoms I've seen this month and AM for an unexpected second Surfer on the last turn.

Also still having a lot of luck with the ol Devil Dinosaur/Darkhawk deck, especially after the Nick Fury buff.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
I'm never going to hit infinite because I never just settle down and focus on one deck. I see a fun mechanic or some meme deck and have to go mess around with it instead of climbing. I'm at CL 5000+ so its a hellhole once I get to the high 80s. Last season I got to 96 but can't break that glass ceiling.

This season I've been playing around with a Phoenix Force/Shuri deck, focused around bringing Human Torch/Multiple Man back with PF. It's super fun but not very consistent.

Having the best luck so far with a Sera Surfer deck featuring Shadow King and Absorbing Man. SK to nerf all the Knulls/Venoms I've seen this month and AM for an unexpected second Surfer on the last turn.

Also still having a lot of luck with the ol Devil Dinosaur/Darkhawk deck, especially after the Nick Fury buff.
Yeah I hear ya, it's a slog sometimes. Definitely jumping decks can make it hard to predict your win outcomes.

Honestly the most important part of ladder climbing is knowing when to snap and when to retreat. So far this season 2/3 of my losses are from conceding, so that saved a bunch of cubes. Interestingly about 1/3 of my wins are from when my opponent concedes, so that means 2/3 I got extra cubes from them.

Yeah I hear ya, it's a slog sometimes. Definitely jumping decks can make it hard to predict your win outcomes.

Honestly the most important part of ladder climbing is knowing when to snap and when to retreat. So far this season 2/3 of my losses are from conceding, so that saved a bunch of cubes. Interestingly about 1/3 of my wins are from when my opponent concedes, so that means 2/3 I got extra cubes from them.
I’ve been getting better at that, but I’ve been stuck in the mid to upper 60s and can’t seem to crack 70 this season

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
I’ve been getting better at that, but I’ve been stuck in the mid to upper 60s and can’t seem to crack 70 this season
Also bluffing is a poor strategy in this game in the long term.

As is snapping after your win looks assured. You have to snap when they think they are winning, but you have a sneaky sneak to pull on them. Like cosmo'ing their ultron played on turn 6 and reality stoning limbo so the turn 7 they were counting on disappears and the game just ends for them (based on a true story)

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Yeah I enjoy some good fuckery on locations. I love when the Nexus shows up (the one that adds its power to other locations) and you let them commit hard into it and then change it last turn taking all that power away :evil

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm getting closer, this week has been a rollercoaster. Shot up from 63-88 but then slammed back down to 81. Been crawling back up today, back to 88. Weirdly my best luck lately has been with a Lockjaw Cerebro-2. I LOVE playing Cerebro but it's so susceptible to location issues.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Oh damn that's wild.

Cerebro is frustrating sometimes. Like I see it coming but i can just never seem to counter it properly

Back
Top Bottom