• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Mobile Marvel Snap

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
That’s a good looking variant.

I haven’t tried a cerebro deck. Are they sustainable?
They are extremely susceptible to any locations/effects that add/subtract power but they can catch people off guard if you hit a turn 6 cerebro/mystique combo.

I think without mystique though it can be hard

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Mystique is a must. A lot of my wins end up coming from an alternate win condition of relying more on Blue Marvel on 5 and copying him with Mystique on 6 just because so many locations toss a wrench into things (Monster Island I'm looking at you).

Right now with High Evolutionary everywhere, Luke Cage is a must too, which is part of the reason I've been going with Cerebro-2 instead of 3.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
For what it's worth, that my reaction to any card that I get bamboozled by in a match.

But when I am the bamboozler I'm like "hehehe you little bitch"

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
I just opened Jean Grey in my spotlight cache so instead of actually trying for infinite its DECK BUILDING TIME
I cheated.

I saved up caches for a 3 weeks, didn't update the app, then checked reddit for the spotlight cache levels. Opened all the non spotlight levels to juice as much extra gold/tokens, then updated.

Got Jean grey, Jeff and tribunal. Was hoping for knull, but no worries

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Nice, man!

I could go for some bots right about now...
There's some good youtube videos on how to spot them and take advantage of them. I will try to find some.

Part of the reason they exist is to limit queue times, but also to inject extra cubes into the "economy" so that it isn't a zero sum game between all the players. So essentially, they are meant to lose their cubes.

VashTheStampede

Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I used to see them a lot, like they'd have card splits that aren't possible, or there were a few card combinations that were a tip off. But I haven't noticed either of those very much at all the last couple seasons.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Yeah the "bot splits" (particle effects on plain background) are gone.

Lookout for bone head plays (like a Nova into an Armor lane). Also, they will always snap like turn 4 or 5 if they are winning two lanes, regardless of whether they have an advantage.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Up to 94, down to 88.

One of these days I'm going to convince myself to stop caring about infinite once I get to 90 and that's when I'll finally make it.
Yeah I don't know how the matchmaking works too much, like if you tend to get matched into the same ladder level too, but the 90s get pretty sweaty.

Still lots of season left though so just keep plugging along. The reward from level 90 is more rewarding If you don't care about the card back reward for infinite. The only real benefit is where you'll start next season.

I'll admit it's less fun after infinite, since you are locked in above 100, so cubes don't matter and a lot of players play accordingly. The next bit I will just grind out some conquest matches probably

Last edited:

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Well I am always willing to listen (read) those stories if it helps her sanity.

I was doing a conquest today (final round of gold too so the max you can compete right now). I'm getting shit draws and they are snapping any time they have a strong position. I've retreated the first 4 matches so down 10-6.

Match 5 (high stakes so starts at 2 cubes already) I get prof x, mystique and time stone opening hand and snap immediately. Time stone on 3, prof on 4 and mystique to copy prof and lock them out of 2 lanes which I'm winning. They retreat and we are tied up.

Match 6, I am able to set up the same combo. I've got prof in one lane and mystique and 2 stones in the other. But prof lane is tied and mystique is down 2. I'm waaaaaay down in open lane.

Perfect time to retreat right? WRONG. I snap and they instasnap back because what the fuck am I gonna do? So the whole game is on the line now.

Cue my good friend Mr Blue Marvel. Both lockdown lanes tick up to me leading by a point each, they ultron the open lane to add nothing and I collect my infinity ticket.

VashTheStampede

Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Oh I just had a good one. Turn 3 they play Wave and snap. Oh no what could possibly be happening? I drop Sera right, they play Galactus right. Oh noooooo I'm super surprised.

He starts spamming "Snap?" and Thanos stickers like fuckin mad. I oblige him and snap back. Then play Goose, Gambit, and Surfer. He plays Spidey (surprise) and Gambit nukes Galactus. He escapes and does not return my fistbump. :(

Back
Top Bottom