• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Mobile Marvel Snap

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Oh I just had a good one. Turn 3 they play Wave and snap. Oh no what could possibly be happening? I drop Sera right, they play Galactus right. Oh noooooo I'm super surprised.

He starts spamming "Snap?" and Thanos stickers like fuckin mad. I oblige him and snap back. Then play Goose, Gambit, and Surfer. He plays Spidey (surprise) and Gambit nukes Galactus. He escapes and does not return my fistbump. :(
Galactus spammers are a whole nother breed.

I love stuffing him with a Cosmo. Good doggo

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I've played quite a lot of Hearthstone over the last however many years, and have been told to check out Marvel Snap a few times. Can you sell it to me?
It’s fun and @VashTheStampede and @canadaguy like it

Only takes 2 minutes per match, so you can play with no time restrictions

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
There are decks that match up in HS that can make for games that go longer than 30 minutes (I am actually okay with this). Is there an equivalent in Snap, but perhaps to a smaller degree? If it truly is there are no games longer than 5 minutes or something like that, I'd probably give it a look.
Yeah matches are that fast. I've heard it described as the ultimate Dad game.

Also if I recall you were a poker guy, and Snap has a betting mechanic built into the matches. Basically you need to collect cubes to climb the ladder but during your match you can "snap" to bet extra cubes depending on your hand and the board state.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
To further explain the cubes/snapping.

Every game starts with each player putting 1 cube on the line. After the final round of any game is over the stakes will double. Players can retreat at any point and only concede their 1 cube, but to play the match to completion they would have to risk 2.

At any point a player can snap which will double the stakes. The other player can still retreat and concede their 1, but like poker to make the next round you gotta commit. From that point players can concede the match and lose 2 or play out the final round to double to 4. If both players snap then 4 is the base and will double to 8 after the final.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
I've tried, I just suck at it. So I'm spiteful.

Also Magik got what I'd consider a buff so I'm happy. She's my #2 Marvel character.
I want to make a magik reverse deck where I play her out and then like storm or reality stone limbo on turn 6 if they end up saving their big boom play for turn 7

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Yeah, that's fun. Scarlet Witch/Rhino are good tools for that too. But since you already roll Thanos the stone is likely your best choice.
Yeah since it just 1 cost it leaves enough to drop a decent 5 drop with it. Or time stone on 5 to get reality and a 6 drop.

I don't think it's a strategy that will win often, but when it does win, it wins awesomely

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
I've never had it take more than 15 seconds but I'm guessing at lower Collector Level there's fewer people in that mode?

Yeah he's probably not even series 2 complete so that'd be a tiny pool. Probably getting out against bots even in conquest and I think it's like a 2 or 3 minute timer before it grabs one there.

Region might even play a role too.

@Benzine my advice would be sticking to ladder matches until collection level 500ish at the earliest. That would put you into series 3 and start widening the pool of available players you could go up against

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Yeah credits are the bottleneck in the game.

As far as gold tickets, they have an in game event that if you win 10 matches (ladder or conquest) in a day you get a free one, so you could do that.

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
Overall stupid, but a good way to fulfill some of the daily missions for decks I don’t like to use like “move cards”
ATTENTION THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY
Yea, Avenger can bang out like 6 daily missions in one conquest match. Avenger can't decide if he likes conquest more than ladder or not. Avenger supposes when he reaches infinite it doesn't matter regardless.

THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SPOKEN :smash 🤨

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder

Ah, glorious. What's everyone's opinion on conquest mode?

I will chug out enough to buy out the shop and get all the variants, but I highly doubt I can win 5 in a row in infinite to get the avatar frame.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder

The length can be troublesome. Especially when you take them down to 2 cubes after the first round and they somehow fight back for 5 more rounds inexplicably.
Proving grounds and silver I will just concede if I'm down that much. Not worth the effort and time to claw back.

Gold and Infinite I will stick around to battle.

If your opponent is down to 2 cubes I would say always snap them immediately round 1

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
I will chug out enough to buy out the shop and get all the variants, but I highly doubt I can win 5 in a row in infinite to get the avatar frame.

Last season, the highest avenger got was game 3 on the infinite conquest ladder. Avenger has concluded that he doesn't care about that avatar frame and will only play until he gets all the things in the shop. it's not worth the stress. Imagine losing the last game. Nah, fuck that.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder

Last season, the highest avenger got was game 3 on the infinite conquest ladder. Avenger has concluded that he doesn't care about that avatar frame and will only play until he gets all the things in the shop. it's not worth the stress. Imagine losing the last game. Nah, fuck that.
Final week of the season will have all the sweaty players riding that infinite conquest so should make the ranked ladder climb easier for anyone below infinite at that point

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
Final week of the season will have all the sweaty players riding that infinite conquest so should make the ranked ladder climb easier for anyone below infinite at that point

Avenger has been lucky enough the last few seasons to hit infinite in the first week or two. that intensity of sitting at like 98 and slowly and raising and dropping the last week of the season is just awful.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder

Avenger has been lucky enough the last few seasons to hit infinite in the first week or two. that intensity of sitting at like 98 and slowly and raising and dropping the last week of the season is just awful.
That season they messed up the reset for infinite ranks was great. I started at 98 and won my first match an 8 cuber. I was sweating bullets though

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
Once I put it onto the computer it was easier to wait for a match in conquest. I have my infinity ticket now, but it says I have to wait 9 days to give it a crack. Boo.

What's it best to spend medals on? Is there any reason to hoard any of the resources?

Don't hoard resources, they just turn into boosters at the end of the season. So spend as many as you can. Other than that, just by whatever you want.

Avenger needs to make a caveat. Don't hoard medals. But things like caches and especially spotlight caches should be hoarded depending on your goals.

Last edited:

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
So I’m a very casual player, some days I won’t play more than a few ladder matches. My two favorite decks, I don’t know what the current meta is, are on reveal and destroy. How can I improve them? Any advice would be appreciated

For destroy, I used to have magik but swapped her for wave. Not sure if I should put magik back in. I am also waiting for venom so I can plug him in for deathlock

For reveal, I have absorbing man, but I took him out once I got Wong.

Attachments

• IMG_7295.jpeg
    IMG_7295.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7294.jpeg
    IMG_7294.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom