• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Mobile Marvel Snap

So last season was the first where I didn't hit Infinite. I had a real run at it, found a nice Sauron deck I like along the way (pulled Sauron and Red Skull back to back a few days before the hand and decided to lean into it), but got to 98 twice and then slid down. I did put some time into trying to get to Infinite, but to no avail.

Which actually is fine. It's just a card back, and doesn't really mean anything. It's now taken a bit of pressure off. As long as I got to 90 and get the gold, I'm good. Bounced up to 85 already using a new Thanos deck and a bit of Sauron.

Now then. Thena. I have 12 keys. A couple of the coming months do look strong. Thena is strong but her other cards are not. Do I need her? I don't have Jeff yet (will as soon as he pops up in the token shop), but there are a couple of decks I could make with her, including one from Regis. Thoughts welcome.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Mindlessly grinding season xp to get the 100 gold reward, because Dan Hipp Korg is in my shop and he's the last card I need for the collection but I'm 30 gold short

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
My new favorite combo is Sage+Taskmaster

Preferably playing Sage into Wong or after Mr. Negative.

No one EVER sees Taskmaster coming after a big Sage drop.

Plus with Ravonna or Negative you can drop them same turn.

well I'm glad the deck swap worked for one of us... :crossarm

View attachment 17020

edit: in retrospect me realizing I had his tribunal I probably should have opted to go a different route...

I think this is why you all get infinite, and I stay in the 80s.
I stay in the 80s because I have fun and don’t always win.

Some sersi fun

IMG_9318.pngIMG_9322.png

I like this balance update. Prof X, Cannonball, Hela and Red Hulk all nerfed. I’d been using Prof X a bit, but the Cannonball/Prof X combo, the Hela decks and just Red Hulk generally are probably the three most annoying things in the game for me at the moment, and I didn’t want to spend the tokens to keep up with the meta. Now I don’t have to!

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Relatively easy climb to 90 this month...maybe I'll get lucky and slide up to Infinite before Arishem drops because I can see dropping a lot of cubes with that silly bitch, but it'll be a fun time.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Same dude.

Usually for me its that anytime I get the chance to go for shenanigans, I'm so far behind on the board that I am just killing myself.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
1000012018.png

I know I've essentially posted myself pulling this off a bunch of times, but imagine scoring over a million at each location and still losing

Jubilee came in clutch with that mystique pull.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
View attachment 17134

I know I've essentially posted myself pulling this off a bunch of times, but imagine scoring over a million at each location and still losing

Jubilee came in clutch with that mystique pull.
two questions

1: I love using this deck but I don't find it super consistent. is it consistent for you? if so, deck share? (I assume it's probably nearly identical)

2: for anyone really, bow exactly does jubilee work when it comes to mystique? if Jubilee pulls onslaught, Mystique won't copy that, right? it would be "no target". but if jubilee pulls mystique it WONT try to scan jubilee, it'll scan the previous?

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
two questions

1: I love using this deck but I don't find it super consistent. is it consistent for you? if so, deck share? (I assume it's probably nearly identical)

2: for anyone really, bow exactly does jubilee work when it comes to mystique? if Jubilee pulls onslaught, Mystique won't copy that, right? it would be "no target". but if jubilee pulls mystique it WONT try to scan jubilee, it'll scan the previous?
1: My whole deck is in the screen shot, other than the interloper Sauron who very much does not belong there and was only invited by The Hub. I think the important thing for this deck is that you should be able to tell by turn 3 or 4 if you are going to have a good shot at the match. If I am sticking around to the end, I am usually pretty confident but I have been burned enough by Enchantress that I always fear her.

2: Correct. Mystique copies the ongoing effect of the last card you played. So if Jubilee pulls an ongoing with her ability, that card was not considered to be played. So that means Jubilee was the last card you played, and since she doesn't have an ongoing, Mystique says "no target" (interestingly, if you can get her back in your hand, by like Beast or Quantum Tunnel/Lockjaw, she will still work if you play her later).

And yes, if Jubilee pulls Mystique she will copy the ongoing on the card you played before Jubilee. The game doesn't consider an on reveal card as played until it's entire effect has been resolved. So for Jubilee, this means that she is not considered as played until the card she pulls has resolved. So when she pulls Mystique, and Mystique's on reveal activates, Jubilee effectively does not exist to her.

Sometimes this game gives you bad luck. But then sometimes it gives you Lamentis with Knull, Mystique and Taskmaster in your hand.

View attachment 17181
I didn’t notice Ravonna at first and was wondering how you played them all

I recently added Quake to my fun deck, and now I wonder why I didn’t add her earlier. I don’t have a screenshot, but I was playing against a HE deck and last turn I quaked so he was playing abomination on quantum realm to get a base power of 2 (I stole his hulk with cable earlier) and won

Back
Top Bottom