• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Mobile Marvel Snap

Finally nailed a Tribunal deck this season. Otherwise it’s mostly the Negative Sage deck I started the season with, hence the Ravona. Spectrum was in the Thanos deck I used for the first week. Pretty much an automatic win if I was in a position to play her on 6. The 67% Wasp is in the HE deck I was running with Hope recently. That’s the win deck for that and most decks with Hope.

IMG_2363.jpeg

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
ATTENTION THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY

Avenger has around 30k tokens. Perhaps he will buy phastos just to have him and maybe see how well it works in arishem. Which probably won't be well at all haha.

THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SPOKEN :smash 🤨

Avenger has around 30k tokens. Perhaps he will buy phastos just to have him and maybe see how well it works in arishem. Which probably won't be well at all haha.

I think the same. I am a bit tempted by Corvus, but don't really enjoy Hela decks. I'm not even convinced I'll go for Arishem. I just wonder how it can be a reliable, competitive archetype. As far as I'm aware Phastos is a bit underwhelming. I'm not convinced he'll be any more impactful in Arishem, and I'm not willing to spend 8 keys to find out either way.

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
I think the same. I am a bit tempted by Corvus, but don't really enjoy Hela decks. I'm not even convinced I'll go for Arishem. I just wonder how it can be a reliable, competitive archetype. As far as I'm aware Phastos is a bit underwhelming. I'm not convinced he'll be any more impactful in Arishem, and I'm not willing to spend 8 keys to find out either way.

Arishem will not be competitive at all haha. But, once Avenger hits infinite, he's not really interested in having a competitive deck and mostly plays random shit anyway. So, that's why Avenger will Enjoy Arishem. And yes, unless you get phastos on turn 3 or maybe 4 with majick, hes'a bit of waste it would seem. But same could say said about Mr. Negative decks and people still play and win with those.

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
I am super excited for Arishem. I get bored running the same decks over and over, and I feel like Arishem will be a good "fuck around" deck.

Yep, Avenger jumps around to different decks all the time. The only type of deck has hasn't really played a lot of is bounce. It just doesn't seem fun playing and replaying the same cards in the same game.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder

Yep, Avenger jumps around to different decks all the time. The only type of deck has hasn't really played a lot of is bounce. It just doesn't seem fun playing and replaying the same cards in the same game.
I think that's a factor in why I'm so bad at the game compared to you guys. if I have a deck that's working well, I get bored and just run up some random silly deck just to mix it up, and tank whatever progress I make.

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
I think that's a factor in why I'm so bad at the game compared to you guys. if I have a deck that's working well, I get bored and just run up some random silly deck just to mix it up, and tank whatever progress I make.
Avenger would say, playing a bunch of different decks is better than being good at one deck. It allows Avenger to see what the cards on the opponents' side and potentially anticipate what is coming next. Many times he's very right. Many times he's way off. But when you're right it feel so good haha.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Avenger would say, playing a bunch of different decks is better than being good at one deck. It allows Avenger to see what the cards on the opponents' side and potentially anticipate what is coming next. Many times he's very right. Many times he's way off. But when you're right it feel so good haha.

I feel like I have a good sense of what the other persons gonna do. but I either get surprised, or am too stupid to retreat.

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
I feel like I have a good sense of what the other persons gonna do. but I either get surprised, or am too stupid to retreat.

Avenger doesn't have great retreat discipline. But during gold or infinite conquest games, he has won many by retreating even down to 1 cube left because something felt off or bad. And then winning two or 3 games in a row.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
That location didn’t appear until turn 4 when it changed into it. I placed Wong on turn 3
Dang lol

If you could have wong on 3, mystique on 4, glaive on 5 that gets your energy up to 14 I think on 6, and then Odin turns that into I believe infinity and apocalypse has infinity plus 4 power

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Dang lol

If you could have wong on 3, mystique on 4, glaive on 5 that gets your energy up to 14 I think on 6, and then Odin turns that into I believe infinity and apocalypse has infinity plus 4 power
I would have, the only reason I didn’t put Corvus with Wong was because I was holding out hope I would pull gambit and didn’t want to fill my hand with swarms lol

I’ve looked at the cards for the next two months’ spotlights, and honestly there’s little there that excites me. Cassandra is the only new card that looks like a must have. So I’m looking again at Corvus and considering a last minute swing. I don’t like Hela but do quite like Discard, and am always happy to have a new archetype card. Thoughts? How have you been finding him @shortkut?

For context, I have 10 keys and currently one week out of the next 8 that I definitely want to spend keys on. So seems I can go for Corvus and Arishem. Wouldn’t be mad with Phastos or Black Swan either really. So even the worst case scenarios aren’t terrible.

Last edited:
Used one key and got Phastos. Put him in a HE deck and got the four wins really easily. The tokens then got me to 6k. Feels like the game is telling me to stop, particularly because I kind of have to go for Arishem now that I've got Phastos, but I'll think about going for Corvus over the next few hours.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I went for him. Got an Iron Lad duplicate and then pulled Corvus, so avoided Ham, who I already have. That feels good. I think I'll go for Arishem next week now unless he just looks unplayable.
If he’s unplayable, I’ll just make an Agatha arishem deck and watch it

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
I've got an Arishem deck cooked up already. Keep in mind his value is the extra energy. Assume the cards he generates are generally not helpful.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Ugh I really want Arishem for the lolz but I only have 2 keys and don't care about the spotlight variants.

I've got enough tokens but I was saving for Nocturne...

Ugh
Took me 4 keys to get him. I got Baron Zemo as well so it wasn’t a total loss

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I don't have Arishem

But I have Darkhawk

merciless evil laugh GIF