Mobile Marvel Snap

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
ATTENTION THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY

Avenger has 14 keys so he figured he would just pull some cards since the next month spot lights look terrible.

Got red guardian the first pull. Next question is should Avenger go for lady deathstrike?

View attachment 13774
THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SPOKEN :smash 🤨
You know, I pulled Lady Deathstrike with one of my first ever spotlight keys back in November ish. Didn't use her at all until the buff. I'm not saying she's essential in a destroy deck, but I had good success with the deck generally, and a fair few times I've used her specifically to get a good power swing because she's going to kill something like Jeff (which no one ever moves until the last turn), Nebula, or some other low power cards, but she can also cripple decks by getting rid of Wong, Iron Man, Mystique, Ravona etc. And that's even without you doing something like putting Bucky on the location you're going to play her on to bring in Winter Soldier. I don't think she's worth specifically targeting necessarily, but I've had fun with her and she has the best quality I like in cards, namely that people don't expect her.

I was playing this guy with red hulk in his deck. He snapped early and after magik was played, I assumed he had taskmaster or zola to pair with it. The next turn, he plays Zemo which pulls over Bast and he immediately retreated. I laughed
It happened again last night. This guy spammed “I don’t believe you” before retreating, like he couldn’t wrap his head around what happened.

This deck can’t get me out of the 70s, but I’m having lots of fun

All about the fun in the end. Unless you're a YouTuber and making money off this, your actual success isn't something anyone cares about.

I do love the idea of seeing a Red Hulk give out a big roar as he moves from 3 power to 7 power.
The best part is the red hulks have been around 19 power when bast appears

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
So, I got Nico on my first key, which is excellent. Need to see if Snowguard and White Widow are worth spending more keys. Looking at some of the weeks that are coming up I think I might hold. Nico is a really nice boost for me for the moment.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 cards this week. Snowguard is the weakest, but she's massive in Loki decks which are back towards the top of the meta currently.
vouching here too. i think snow guard is still hella underrated too.

red hulk nerf obvious but still strong so long as people aren't willing to retreat

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
i haven't actually been playing control at all lately. i'm also in a fuck around with the game kinda mood, so keeping away from my bread and butter for now.
I've just been dicking around with random builds and I went up 5 levels today

Have to fight the urge to care

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Game update today

Border/effect splits now share across all variants of a card.

Purchasable borders available, but they are bought per character. That's really too bad because I would likely buy them if they unlocked the border on all my cards. SD loves trying to harpoon the whales I suppose.

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
ATTENTION THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY
Avenger will never purchase borders. The idea sound insane.

THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SPOKEN :smash 🤨

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Is harpooning actually how whales are captured? I've never actually considered it past the imagery we typically see from the famous whaling books.

I'm imagining myself being shot by many threaded needles, trying to pull me to the ground. C'mon, whales, be stronger.
Harpoons aren't for capture, they're for killing. it's basically more violent fishing.

they use nets for capture in emergencies or for animals in captivity.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Harpoons aren't for capture, they're for killing. it's basically more violent fishing.

they use nets for capture in emergencies or for animals in captivity.
It's a pretty horrific way to kill too. Like the whale slowly dies in immense pain and suffering.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
1000002356.jpg

Had an interesting interaction I didn't expect at the end of this one. Previous turn he played Nico into Tarnax IV, turning it into Selene. She made my Mjolnir -3. I played my Mjolnir into Tarnax, so it buffed Thor and then transformed into a new Mjolnir and buffed him again.

I didn't realize Tarnax could transform cards into "token" cards.

View attachment 14381

Had an interesting interaction I didn't expect at the end of this one. Previous turn he played Nico into Tarnax IV, turning it into Selene. She made my Mjolnir -3. I played my Mjolnir into Tarnax, so it buffed Thor and then transformed into a new Mjolnir and buffed him again.

Me neither. The only thing my 0 cost cards ever became was Yellowjacket

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
View attachment 14381

That’s interesting. I forgot whether it transforms into another version of the card’s original cost or actual cost when you played it, but Death only ever transforms into Death, so guess it’s the former. And also, very helpful when playing Destroy.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
What does everyone think of the Captain Marvel bundle? I haven’t spent any gold since I started playing and am sitting on over 17,000. Basically wanted to wait for bundles like this. But I’m more interested in converting it to tokens than credits. I don’t have Captain Marvel, but I’m not sure I’d use her.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
What does everyone think of the Captain Marvel bundle? I haven’t spent any gold since I started playing and am sitting on over 17,000. Basically wanted to wait for bundles like this. But I’m more interested in converting it to tokens than credits. I don’t have Captain Marvel, but I’m not sure I’d use her.
It's good value and she's a good card. It's a decent variant too. She goes well in an Elsa Deck, if you happen to have her.

The value of the gold bundles has been pretty weak as of late, was glad to see a decent one even though I'm gold poor atm.

Goodish bundle, best in a minute, worth getting for you.

Tokens so much more important and valuable than credits.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
I think you should consider not having that much gold either, Jamie. If you have 10k you will be able to buy any that turn up (surely). Then spend the rest on token tuesdays or variants (with the aim to get the album rewards with more tokens).
Yeah I think buying the odd token Tuesday might not be a bad idea. It's a real shame that the value of gold bundles has dropped so dramatically, but we are where we are. Thanks.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
I blame the "Win Matches with a Snap" weekly mission
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

So, Ego turns up after I've already snapped and have the borderline nuts, but I am a fun player so of course will stay... Then Ego actually plays Venom on MM...

And my opponent snaps upon Ego, has he appears to be a gentleman.

And then, Ego also plays PF... I've never seen Ego play properly before.

Unfortunately this did cause them to retreat.

Attachments

• 2024-05-04 13_31_29-Untapped.gg Overlay.png
    2024-05-04 13_31_29-Untapped.gg Overlay.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 2024-05-04 13_32_09-Untapped.gg Overlay.png
    2024-05-04 13_32_09-Untapped.gg Overlay.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
you look to be playing a deck that i wanted to make here, but i don't have SS
Silver Samurai is one of those cards that I didn't think was that great but I wanted him just because I'm a fan of the character.

1000002364.jpg

Then I had to hunt down this variant because it's anime AF

Back
Top Bottom