• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

GW Mario Party

Yoshi rolls a 13 and walks along the path until he reaches Toadsworth. He turns to face him, but is greeted with silence and a cold stare before the toad fades into nothingness.
This star space was a mirage!
Yoshi continues around the corner and heads north, landing on the red space just short of the real star.
-3 coins

Scoreboard
4th: TD/Toad: ⭐x0, 🪙x52, Items: Bowser Suit *REVERSE CURSE*
2nd: VashtheStampede/Boom Boom: ⭐x1, 🪙x9, Items: Bowser Phone, Mushroom
5th: Spiner202/Yoshi: ⭐x0, 🪙x51
7th: shortkut/Boo: ⭐x0, 🪙x15, Items: Lucky Lamp, Skeleton Key, Golden Mushroom *REVERSE CURSE*
6th: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x16, Items: Dueling Glove, Skeleton Key *REVERSE CURSE*
1st: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x1, 🪙x23, Items: Wacky Watch *REVERSE CURSE*
2nd: Nae'blis/Goomba: ⭐x1, 🪙x9, Items: Magic Lamp, Lucky Lamp *REVERSE CURSE*
8th: Gloom-is-good/Lumalee: ⭐x0, 🪙x12, Items: Plunder Chest *REVERSE CURSE*

1717650605119.png

BOO START!
@shortkut
Items: Lucky Lamp, Skeleton Key, Golden Mushroom

You are under Bowser's Reverse Curse and can only move in reverse unless you use your golden mushroom like Yoshi did. If you don't use the mushroom you can pretty much go anywhere that isn't the direction you're currently heading.

If you head forward through the gate and meet with the other Boo, let me know if you're stealing coins and who from. It can be decided randomly if you don't have a target in mind.

Last edited:
I don’t think I can reach the other boo since I’m going backwards, but I’d like to use the golden mushroom and if I can somehow reach Boo, I’d like to steal coins from yoshi
Mushrooms, Golden Mushrooms, Warp Blocks, and Magic Lamps remove the effects of poison and reverse when used.
Nah you're good. Forward we go. Boo uses his skeleton key to open the gate and hovers mischievously toward his fellow boo's establishment.
"EEHEEHEEHEEHEEE! My favorite player, I thought you'd never arrive! What'll it be, coins or stars?"
Boo the boo hands over the payment of 5 coins to his boo, Boo, and instructs Boo to give Yoshi a booboo and boo-urgle his coins from him.

@Spiner202 a boo has arrived to steal your coins. Roll a D8 to see how well you fend it off. The higher the better, but it's going to hurt no matter what. Mashing A only helped so much in the real game after all.

Yoshi puts up a hell of a fight, making the boo work for it, and eventually the specter backs off, satisfied enough with its haul.
Boo returns to Boo, huffing and puffing slightly.
"Call an ambulance..." Boo starts, looking rough. But then he pulls out a large sack of coins and dumps it in front of Boo. "...but not for me. I managed to snag 18 coins. Pleasure doing business with ya, chum! Come back anytime! EEHEEHEEHEEHEEE!"
18 of Yoshi's coins go to Boo!

@shortkut You now have 33 coins and 17 spaces left to travel on your turn. If you head west and successfully jump over both cacti (roll two d20s) you can reach the star. Otherwise you've got a thousand other options of where you can go with the spaces you have left and how chaotic those cacti and all the junctions make things. Either way you will pass one of the item shops, so let me know if you want to check the shop on the way.

Believe it or not 18 was the minimum theft for this point in the game, but I did say it would hurt. (Actually in the real game it's apparently 19 but if I was going for perfect accuracy we'd need a D7 to exist because the max was 25).

May or may not be slowing down a bit with updates for a while since mandatory overtime is starting at work again. Only 10s right now, but if they up it to 12 hour days I certainly won't have time until the weekends.

I’ll head to the star and if it is the real star, I’ll buy it
Mirage was already found, so yes it's the real one. And you passed the cactus section, so you're guaranteed to own a star after my next post.

Not sure if you forgot or just didn't mention it because you didn't want anything, but did you want to buy an item on the way? I'll just tell you that it'd be Toadette's Shop and she's selling the following:

Skeleton Key - 5 coins: Allows you to go through one gate.
Mushroom - 5 coins: Roll 2 dice instead of one on your turn.
Cellular Shopper - 5 coins: Call either Toadette or Baby Bowser (your choice) from anywhere on the board to buy an item.
Warp Block - 5 coins: Switch places with a random player.
Golden Mushroom - 10 coins: Roll 3 dice instead of one on your turn.
(Also Magic Lamps and Item Bags but you wouldn't be able to afford the star if you buy either of those.)

Boo heads west at the junction, passes the item shop, effortlessly hops over the cacti, then heads up to greet Toadsworth.
"Ah, Boo. Fancy a star, old boy? Mm yes, well, here you go then!"
-20 coins

1718514449440.png
BOO GOT A STAR!

He continues onward, landing on a blue space just short of the bank. +3 coins.

Here are the next star locations.
GWMP Turn 7S2.png

Scoreboard
5th: ???/Toad: ⭐x0, 🪙x52, Items: Bowser Suit *REVERSE CURSE*
3rd: VashtheStampede/Boom Boom: ⭐x1, 🪙x9, Items: Bowser Phone, Mushroom
6th: Spiner202/Yoshi: ⭐x0, 🪙x33
1st: shortkut/Boo: ⭐x1, 🪙x31, Items: Lucky Lamp
7th: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x16, Items: Dueling Glove, Skeleton Key *REVERSE CURSE*
2nd: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x1, 🪙x23, Items: Wacky Watch *REVERSE CURSE*
3rd: Nae'blis/Goomba: ⭐x1, 🪙x9, Items: Magic Lamp, Lucky Lamp *REVERSE CURSE*

Luckily you didn't buy anything because I just realized I didn't factor in the price of the theft when I said 33 coins earlier.

DRY BONES START!
@Jon
Items: Dueling Glove, Skeleton Key

You have Bowser's Reverse Curse on you for this turn. Same situation Yoshi was in when he started his turn, except without the mushroom. Roll like normally, but decide if you want to go south or east towards Luigi at the start of your turn. Once you hit a junction you can choose any direction to travel except for the way you came (basically, no U-turns at forks).

Boo heads west at the junction, passes the item shop, effortlessly hops over the cacti, then heads up to greet Toadsworth.
"Ah, Boo. Fancy a star, old boy? Mm yes, well, here you go then!"
-20 coins

View attachment 17168
BOO GOT A STAR!

He continues onward, landing on a blue space just short of the bank. +3 coins.

Here are the next star locations.
View attachment 17169

Scoreboard
7th: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x16, Items: Dueling Glove, Skeleton Key *REVERSE CURSE*

Luckily you didn't buy anything because I just realized I didn't factor in the price of the theft when I said 33 coins earlier.

DRY BONES START!
@Jon
Items: Dueling Glove, Skeleton Key

You have Bowser's Reverse Curse on you for this turn. Same situation Yoshi was in when he started his turn, except without the mushroom. Roll like normally, but decide if you want to go south or east towards Luigi at the start of your turn. Once you hit a junction you can choose any direction to travel except for the way you came (basically, no U-turns at forks).
From worst to first. What does the bank do again?

Dry Bones heads south, and immediately steps on a Happening Space. The sand pit starts to churn again, and everyone within the circle once again gets pulled in by a mysterious creature and spit back out at the pit on the other side of the board.

Scoreboard
7th: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x16, Items: Dueling Glove, Skeleton Key
1718517621094.png

LUIGI START!
@Rick52
Items: Wacky Watch

You're currently under the Reverse Curse. You can either head north towards the gate or south. If you bounce off the gate you can go either direction on your way back. If you pass the shop let me know if you're entering it.

• This Is Fine
Reactions: Jon
well lets see how far I go first

awww yeah its chance time baby

(if a key is available at the shop I will buy it otherwise pass it)
Both shops sell keys, so you spend 5 coins to grab a Skeleton Key on your way. Luigi stops on the big green ! space and is transported to another location...

1718600445968.png
Roll me three dice. A D8 for the first player, a D12 for what will be traded, and another D8 for the second player.
If you roll the same number on both D8s, reroll one.

The Toad hosting Chance Time speaks up. "Let's find out who our contestants will be this time!"

Luigi hits the first dice block and it stops on a picture of Yoshi
1718602487786.png
Luigi hits the second dice block and it stops on a picture of Goomba
1718602725860.png
"And here's what's on the line!"
Luigi hits the final dice block...
1718602851177.png

"So it's decided! Yoshi will give Goomba one of his stars. ...Oh, but Yoshi doesn't have any stars. What a ripoff!"

Scoreboard
5th: Kat/Toad: ⭐x0, 🪙x52, Items: Bowser Suit *REVERSE CURSE*
2nd: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x1, 🪙x18, Items: Wacky Watch, Skeleton Key

1718603145685.png

GOOMBA START!
@Nae'blis
Items: Magic Lamp, Lucky Lamp

You're under the Reverse Curse this turn, so you have to go either west towards Boo/Lumalee or south around the circle. Same rules I told everyone else when it comes to forks in the road. Even though there are no arrows there, the spot above Lumalee also counts as a fork if you wanted to head that way.

Goomba heads south and loops around the circle. As he passes Toadsworth, the elderly toad just stares blankly at him, then disappears.
Looks like this star space was a mirage.
+3 coins for blue space

Scoreboard
5th: Kat/Toad: ⭐x0, 🪙x52, Items: Bowser Suit *REVERSE CURSE*
4th: VashtheStampede/Boom Boom: ⭐x1, 🪙x9, Items: Bowser Phone, Mushroom
2nd: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x1, 🪙x18, Items: Wacky Watch, Skeleton Key
3rd: Nae'blis/Goomba: ⭐x1, 🪙x12, Items: Magic Lamp, Lucky Lamp

1718687360374.png

LUMALEE START!
@Gloom-is-good
Items: Plunder Chest

You're affected by Bowser's Reverse Curse this turn, so you'll be going backwards, but roll the same as normal. If you roll a 7+ you can take the cactus shortcut, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it, because the reversing will make that area even wackier than normal.

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Alright. This is probably going to look insane, but I swear it makes sense if you understand how the map and reversal mechanic work.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

With the curse active and the 10 you rolled, you have 10 options of where to land, some requiring dice rolls to successfully go that direction:
1718774661163.png

No rolling necessary
1 (Red). Skip the cacti, pass the shop (want to go shopping?), and land on Bowser Space.
2 (Orange). Purposely hit the first cactus and go north, passing Boo and landing on a Bowser Space. If you go here, you will get to visit Boo a second time your next turn, allowing you to steal twice!
3 (Yellow). Same as orange but go south and land on Game Guy.
4 (Green). Same as the previous two, but go west then north and land on a blue space.
5 (Blue). Same as green, but go south instead and land on Game Guy.

Roll one D20
6 (Purple). Jump over the first cactus and purposely hit the second one, then head north. You will pass the bank (-5 coins) and land on a Bowser Space.
7 (Pink). Same as purple but go south instead, passing the star and landing on a Battle Space to trigger a battle mini-game. If you go here, you will pass the star space again on your next turn (if it's still there), allowing you to buy the star if you have enough coins by then!
8 (Gray). Same as the previous two, but head southeast and land on the red space with Yoshi.

Roll two D20s
9 (Brown). Successfully jump over both cacti, then head northwest and land on an Item Space.
10 (Black). Same as brown, but go south and land on a blue space.

Sorry for the long wait everybody. Life been stressful and TD's original replacement wasn't responding. Should be good now. Thanks to Ben, we have our 8th and I don't have to puppet Toad's body as a fake CPU. Hopefully I won't be too rusty and can avoid making mistakes after not doing this for so long, but keep me honest if I miss anything.

Lumalee jumps over the first cactus and collides with the second, launching him to the west side of the board. He then heads south, passing Toadsworth at the star space.
"Sorry Lumalee, I can't give credit for a star. Come back when you're a little, mmm, richer."
Ranting Talking GIF by Yukster

The little star creature continues southward, landing on a Battle Space. Shortly after, a goomba arrives by parachute.
"Yo! It's Battle Game Time! Let's cut the crap and just spin the wheeeel!"
A big wheel with several coin values rolls in and spins, landing on...
"50 Coins! WOW, this'll be a doozy! Everybody pay up now"
50 coins are taken from each player, leaving this as everyone's temporary score:

Scoreboard
5th: Ben/Toad: ⭐x0, 🪙x02, Items: Bowser Suit *REVERSE CURSE*
1st: VashtheStampede/Boom Boom: ⭐x1, 🪙x0, Items: Bowser Phone, Mushroom
6th: Spiner202/Yoshi: ⭐x0, 🪙x0
1st: shortkut/Boo: ⭐x1, 🪙x0, Items: Lucky Lamp
6th: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x0, Items: Dueling Glove, Skeleton Key
1st: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x1, 🪙x0, Items: Wacky Watch, Skeleton Key
1st: Nae'blis/Goomba: ⭐x1, 🪙x0, Items: Magic Lamp, Lucky Lamp
6th: Gloom-is-good/Lumalee: ⭐x0, 🪙x0, Items: Plunder Chest

"Which brings us tooo... 181 coins in the pot. Man you guys are cheap, that's not nearly enough. Ah well, let's get it on!"

181-Coin Battle Mini-Game!
Bowser's Big Blast
1723504651811.png
How to Play:
Players will take turns choosing one of several different colored plungers to press, starting with 9 choices. Most are safe, but one will trigger the giant bomb in the shape of Bowser's head. The player who triggers the explosion will be eliminated from the game, one plunger will be removed, and the detonator will be randomly assigned to one of the remaining switches. Play continues until one player remains, and coins will be doled out in order of longest survivability.

Turn order has been randomly decided, and is as follows:

1. Lumalee
2. Boom Boom
3. Yoshi
4. Toad
5. Luigi
6. Boo
7. Dry Bones
8. Goomba

@Gloom-is-good you are first. Which color would you like to press?
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, White, or Black

Yoshi walks confidently up to the stage and pushes down on the plunger of his favorite color. He hears a click. Then another. Seeing the cowering faces of his opponents, Yoshi turns around and watches in horror as the eyes of the Bowser head count down to 0 and then explode. Yoshi goes flying out of the room, as nearby machinery resets the plungers and screws in a new head.

Yoshi has been eliminated first, taking 8th place.

Before the rest of you stand Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Pink, White, and Black switches.

@Ben welcome back. Please choose a color.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Yoshi walks confidently up to the stage and pushes down on the plunger of his favorite color. He hears a click. Then another. Seeing the cowering faces of his opponents, Yoshi turns around and watches in horror as the eyes of the Bowser head count down to 0 and then explode. Yoshi goes flying out of the room, as nearby machinery resets the plungers and screws in a new head.

Yoshi has been eliminated first, taking 8th place.

Before the rest of you stand Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Pink, White, and Black switches.

@Ben welcome back. Please choose a color.
Black.

Dry Bones rattles his bones up to the platform and presses the pink switch. The others cower in fear, waiting for the sound of an explosion.

But nothing comes. Pink was safe.

@Nae'blis
Yellow, Blue, Purple, and White remain. 75% chance of survival.
Or 25% of death

Back
Top Bottom