GW Mario Party

1708827796611.png
Welcome to the legendary Spiny Desert! In this land of the burning sun, you'll battle to become the Superstar.
1708837613977.png
On this board, you'll find two sand pits surrounded by Happening Spaces (?). When one of these spaces are landed on, all players currently in the surrounding circle will be pulled in by a mysterious creature and spit out at the pit on the opposite side of the map (specifically the blue space with pink around it). Players at the other pit are unaffected.

1708838178339.png
In the center of the board you'll find a shortcut with two cacti in the way. Anyone wishing to pass through here must roll a D20 for each cactus they wish to jump over, succeeding if they roll a 5 or higher. If they either fail or choose to purposely run into one of the cacti, they will be launched to the space next to the corresponding signpost on the sides of the board depending on which one they hit, continuing their turn like normal afterwards. Unlike most paths, you cannot go backwards into this shortcut when using a Reverse Mushroom from the left side.

1708839293783.png
On this board, you will find
two Star Spaces instead of the usual one. But only one is real and the other is a mirage. Upon visiting the mirage star, it will disappear, leaving only the real one. The only other way to guarantee you are going to the real star is to use a Magic Lamp, which takes you directly to the star.

1708839651479.png
For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Mario Party 3, the Toad spaces are Item Spaces, the Goomba spaces are Battle Spaces, Exclamation Points are Chance Time, and this is a Game Guy Space. If you land here, you will be forced to gamble all of your coins double or nothing in a short single-player game.

The game also has two different item sellers, offering a unique set of items: Toadette and Baby Bowser. Each sells a different selection, but Toadette is more common. There are also four Rare Items that cannot be found in the item shops.

1708840247947.png
Important Note: Skeleton Gates in this game have spaces leading up to them. You can take these paths even if you don't own a Skeleton Key, and bounce off the door before heading back to the previous path. Say you reach this junction with 4 spaces left, but don't want to land on the Happening Space the left path takes you to. If you go up, you will approach the door and land on the blue space on the way back instead.

Also pay close attention to the arrows on the board so you know which direction a path will take you and which paths can't be taken.

As mentioned before, the bonus stars for this game will be the following:
Mini-Game Star - Awarded to the player who earns the most coins in standard mini games.
Coin Star - Awarded to the player who has the highest coin count at any one time during the game.
Happening Star - Awarded to the player who lands on the most Happening Spaces.

If you have any other questions, please ask me.

Item Descriptions
Item Name - Selling price - Description
Toadette's Shop - Baby Bowser's Shop - Both - Rare (Neither)
Items must be used at the start of your turn (before moving). Those marked with a * can be discarded in this way, but only activate at certain locations on the map.
Mushrooms, Golden Mushrooms, Warp Blocks, and Magic Lamps remove the effects of poison and reverse when used.

Skeleton Key* - 5 coins: Allows you to go through one gate.
Item Bag - 30 coins: Receive 3 random items immediately when bought.

Mushroom - 5 coins: Roll 2 dice instead of one on your turn.
Warp Block - 5 coins: Switch places with a random player.
Cellular Shopper - 5 coins: Call either Toadette or Baby Bowser (your choice) from anywhere on the board to buy an item.
Dueling Glove - 10 coins: Challenge an opponent of your choice to a Duel Mini-Game. Both players will wager an amount of coins of your choice, not exceeding the wallet of the poorer player. The winner will receive all coins wagered.
Golden Mushroom - 10 coins: Roll 3 dice instead of one on your turn.
??? - ?? coins: ???
Magic Lamp - 20 coins: Call the Mushroom Genie to take you directly to the real Star.

Reverse Mushroom - 5 coins: Choose yourself or another player. When rolling their dice, the target must move backwards instead, but can choose any direction at junctions. Stacks with poison.
Poison Mushroom - 5 coins: Choose yourself or another player. The target can only roll 1-3 on their next movement. Stacks with reverse.
Bowser Phone - 10 coins: Call Bowser on the phone and choose a player to pose as, including yourself. You can also leave it to random chance if you like. Whoever is chosen receives a visit from Bowser as if they had landed on a Bowser Space.
Bowser Suit - 10 coins: Steal 20 coins from every player you pass while wearing this.
Lucky Lamp - 10 coins: Call on the Mushroom Jeanie to move the star to a new location on the board
Plunder Chest - 10 coins: Steal a random item from a player of your choice.
Boo Bell - 15 coins: Call on Boo to steal coins or a star from other players.

Wacky Watch - N/A: Sets the number of remaining turns in the game to 5, no matter when it is used. The Last Five Turns Event will occur at the start of the next turn.
???* - N/A: ???
??? - N/A: ???
??? - N/A: ???

Let's meet our players:
1708841886386.png1708841896870.png1708841907598.png1708841914472.png1708841920931.png1708841931244.pngBoom Boom Mario Party.pngLumalee Mario Party.png
Nae'blis
TD
Jon
shortkut
Rick52
Spiner202
VashtheStampede
Gloom-is-good
Don't ask me why the characters are different sizes, idk how the fuck tables work.

Winner of this 15 Turn game will be named GW's first Superstar and will receive a star badge!

Last edited:
Your host Toadsworth awards you all 10 coins to start.

Scoreboard:
Nae'blis/Goomba: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
TD/Toad: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
Jon/Dry Bones: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
shortkut/Boo: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
Rick52/Luigi: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
Spiner202/Yoshi: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
Vash/Boom Boom: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
Gloom/Lumalee: 0 Stars, 10 Coins

@Nae'blis @TD @Jon @shortkut @Rick52 @Spiner202 @VashTheStampede @Gloom-is-good
Everyone roll a D100 using the Roll Dice button to determine turn order. If anyone somehow ties I'll just flip a coin.

Last edited:
Can't see the dice buttons?
Hmm, I have it on my end. The dice stuff must be even more complicated than I thought.

@Mark
Life Fix GIF

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It would be under the reply box
@Crystal @Mark @Ben @Lee

Yeah, it looks like it requires more edits to the user group permissions, all I did was enable @The Flame to roll dice (and everyone else that already has permission to, like @VashTheStampede ). This’ll have to be a project to go with the morning coffee.

Edit - I just enabled dice in this forum for the entire Registered group, so that *could* fix it, or it could leave a few stragglers that are in their own special user group outside of Registered.

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks like it requires more edits to the user group permissions, all I did was enable @The Flame to roll dice (and everyone else that already has permission to, like @VashTheStampede ). This’ll have to be a project to go with the morning coffee.

Edit - I just enabled dice in this forum for the entire Registered group, so that *could* fix it, or it could leave a few stragglers that are in their own special user group outside of Registered.
I don’t see it here

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Good times. I think I have everyone’s user group covered that’s playing. I didn’t bother going through every single one, though, so if I missed anyone just tag me and I’ll get it fixed.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Looks like @Mark already got the group permissions set to everyone can see the function, so cheers bud.

1708876552666.png

I did just make an update so that it's not labeling the rolls as Dungeons & Dragons, though. It'll just say "Dice.", so... There's that. If there's anything else that's not working for your needs let me know and I'll take a look.

Vash - 56
shortkut - 40
TD - 75
Rick52 - 37
Spiner202 - 45
Nae'blis - 30

Just putting everyone's rolls so far here so I don't have to search through the discussion later.

Thanks for the dice fixes errybody. I was so confused how it wasn't something you could just apply to one forum since they seemed to get it working for D&D.

Still need a d100 roll from @Jon and @Gloom-is-good whenever they get a chance. Then I'll post the board with the star locations etc and we can start.

Turn Order
1. TD/Toad
2. VashtheStampede/Boom Boom
3. Spiner202/Yoshi
4. shortkut/Boo
5. Jon/Dry Bones
6. Rick52/Luigi
7. Nae'blis/Goomba
8. Gloom-is-good/Lumalee

Scoreboard
1st: Nae'blis/Goomba: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
1st: TD/Toad: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
1st: Jon/Dry Bones: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
1st: shortkut/Boo: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
1st: Rick52/Luigi: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
1st: Spiner202/Yoshi: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
1st: Vash/Boom Boom: 0 Stars, 10 Coins
1st: Gloom/Lumalee: 0 Stars, 10 Coins

I had a feeling we'd get a tie. Shortkut won the coin flip.

GWMP Turn 1.png

Here are your first star spaces. One is real, the other is a mirage.

TOAD START!

@TD you rolled the highest and get to go first. Roll a D10. Also let me know if you intend to enter the Item Shop.

The adventure is on!

(If I reach item shop I would like to enter)

EDIT: Left at fork as well please.
You enter the shop and are greeted by the growl of a small horned figure.

"What's up, chump? Welcome to Baby Bowser's Joint! Buy somethin' or beat it! (Limit one per visit)"
Skeleton Key - 5 coins: Allows you to go through skeleton gates.
Reverse Mushroom - 5 coins: Choose yourself or another player. When rolling their dice, the target must move backwards instead, but can choose any direction at junctions. Stacks with poison.
Poison Mushroom - 5 coins: Choose yourself or another player. The target can only roll 1-3 on their next movement. Stacks with reverse.
Plunder Chest - 10 coins: Steal a random item from a player of your choice.
Bowser Suit - 10 coins: Steal 20 coins from any player you pass while wearing this.
Boo Bell - 15 coins: Call on Boo to steal coins or a star from other players.

Note for Plunder Chest enthusiasts: One item can be used per turn, excluding those that activate at specific map locations.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD
Scoreboard
8th: TD/Toad: ⭐x0, 🪙x3, Items: Bowser Suit
1st: VashtheStampede/Boom Boom: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Spiner202/Yoshi: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: shortkut/Boo: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Nae'blis/Goomba: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Gloom-is-good/Lumalee: ⭐x0, 🪙x10

Changing the scoreboard to just include turn order and added emojis. Color indicates the type of space you land on, which affects mini-game teams. Green is randomized.

Toad blows all his coins on a Bowser Suit, striking fear into everyone at the thought of what Toad would look like in that thing, and lands here, earning 3 coins:
1709100107055.png

Assuming I get understand how this works...

I'll go in the item shop and buy a skeleton key

and I will go right at the fork
I should've been more clear but I wanted to get a quick post in before work. I only need to know if you guys will enter item shops, but the fork part is fine. The reason being that there are two different shopkeepers who sell different items. The one you enter is random (with Baby Bowser being less common), and their stock of items also varies depending on when and who enters throughout the game, so it will be a bit different each time. However, both shops always sell Skeleton Keys and Item Bags. I should also mention that items can only be used at the beginning of your turn, so you can't like move to a shitty location and then use a warp block afterwards or something.

You enter the item shop, and to your surprise you see a pink individual smiling at you.

Hello! Welcome to Toadette's Trading Post! You're here to buy an item, right?
Skeleton Key - 5 coins: Allows you to go through skeleton gates.
Mushroom - 5 coins: Roll 2 dice instead of one on your turn.
Warp Block - 5 coins: Switch places with a random player.
Cellular Shopper - 5 coins: Call either Toadette or Baby Bowser (your choice) from anywhere on the board to buy an item.
Golden Mushroom - 10 coins: Roll 3 dice instead of one on your turn.
Magic Lamp - 20 coins: Call the Mushroom Genie to take you directly to the real Star.

Since you ended up in the other shop, I'll give you a chance to change your mind about your item or direction if you want.

Last edited:
Scoreboard
7th: VashtheStampede/Boom Boom: ⭐x0, 🪙x5, Items: Skeleton Key, Bowser Phone
1st: Spiner202/Yoshi: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: shortkut/Boo: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Nae'blis/Goomba: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
1st: Gloom-is-good/Lumalee: ⭐x0, 🪙x10

Boom Boom rolls a 7, spends half his coins on a skeleton key, and lands here:
1709183820422.png

The moment Boom Boom stops on the Bowser Space, everyone sees him vanish. Your vision fades, and when it returns you find yourself in your boss' lair.

1709183995215.png

"Boom Boooom! One of my roundest and baldest soldiers, welcome! I see you've been invited to hang out with Mario's loser brother and friends. Tough break. But luckily for you, I'm gonna give you first crack at my special Bowser Roulette!"

He turns his head, signaling a Koopa Kid at the side of the room to pull a lever. A large screen lowers from the ceiling, showing several options rapidly highlighting in order. Eventually it starts to slow down, and stops on one of them:

20 Coins for Bowser
20 Coins for Bowser
Bowser's Coin Potluck

Stars-Packed to Go
>Bowser Phone Giveaway<
"Ah, we have a winner! Get the man his reward!"
Another Koopa Kid scurries up and presents you with an orange and green cell phone with horns, which floats into your possession.
"Enjoy! BWAH HAH HAH HAH Call me 🤙"

As Bowser waves goodbye, you blink and you're back on the board, having survived your first encounter with the king of the koopas and returned with a free gift:

Bowser Phone - Call Bowser on the phone and choose a player to pose as, including yourself. You can also leave it to random chance if you like. Whoever is chosen receives a visit from Bowser as if they had landed on a Bowser Space.

YOSHI START!
@Spiner202 roll a D10 and let me know if you'd like to enter the Item Shop, assuming you make it there.

Scoreboard
7th: VashtheStampede/Boom Boom: ⭐x0, 🪙x5, Items: Skeleton Key, Bowser Phone
1st: Spiner202/Yoshi: ⭐x0, 🪙x13
2nd: shortkut/Boo: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
2nd: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
2nd: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
2nd: Nae'blis/Goomba: ⭐x0, 🪙x10
2nd: Gloom-is-good/Lumalee: ⭐x0, 🪙x10

1709273019857.png

Damn yall are getting some good ass rolls. Yoshi lands on this blue space, netting him 3 coins and being the first to take a solo lead by skipping the item shop. Bold strategy, Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.

BOO START!

Next up we have the undead boys, starting with @shortkut . D10 please. Item shop yay or nay?

Back
Top Bottom