• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

[2024] MLB Season Discussion Thread

rktaker

I feel more confident with the Yankees going against the dodgers than the Mets if that makes you feel any better
have you seen the Mets bullpen. Yankees would eat them alive also as of me writing this, mets are 1-8 with RISP you still only feel confident against the Dodgers?

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
have you seen the Mets bullpen. Yankees would eat them alive also as of me writing this, mets are 1-8 with RISP you still only feel confident against the Dodgers?
The Mets have been the best team since the end of May. Their bullpen sucks, but the Dodgers have no pitching. Their Yankees will feat on the Dodger pitching

rktaker

The Mets have been the best team since the end of May. Their bullpen sucks, but the Dodgers have no pitching. Their Yankees will feat on the Dodger pitching
the Mets have left 12 men on base this game alone and about 35 this whole series. not that it matters now I don't give a fuck if they were the best team since june both their offense and Bullpen were ass THIS SERIES you should not have been afraid of them

Lots to reflect on for the Mets in the offseason. As nice as it was to see the team comeback from being down in the dumps and overcome adversity to get here, there are still gaping holes that need to be addressed in the offseason and this series with the Dodgers have exploited those faults. Not only is the bullpen ass, but the very familiar story of this team not being able to convert with RISP has tremendously hurt them.

Every game that was lost to the Dodgers, the Mets got slaughtered, which goes to show despite there being flashes of potential with this team, the fact of the matter is the Mets still have a long way to go. The key lesson here is that there's always a limit to how long you can successfully fly by the seat of your pants. Credit where it's due, the Mets did it for longer than most teams are capable of, but once they hit that brick wall, that was it.

Back
Top Bottom