• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

[2024] MLB Season Discussion Thread

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Let me rephrase... Boston fans consider that "passionate."

Philly fans can suck it sideways.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I’ve never had any issues with orioles’ fans. They’ve always been respectful and seemed more like baseball fans than psychopaths like they are in Boston or Philly

Absolutely, especially if you’re referring to those that travel north to catch games. We’re taught young that you don’t go into someone else’s neighborhood with a bad attitude unless you wanna end up missing some teeth.

I went to Baltimore when I was a teen for a game because they were playing regular season finale series against the O's and that never happened. So my parents drove to Baltimore and we watched 3 of the 4 games that weekend. It was before the Orioles were better...

There were no Orioles fans.

Man, after Cal retired and the last of that generation of players was long gone, that ballpark was a ghost town for years. There was a lot of chatter about whether or not the Angelos family was going to take the team south even back then, but, things started to turn around even before we got Showalter. After we started working on the farm system and actually building a little confidence, then they decided it was okay to spend a little money on the team. If it wasn’t for the work Buck put in, the O’s wouldn’t even be where they are now. He wasn’t the best, but, he pointed the team towards the track that they needed to be on.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Absolutely, especially if you’re referring to those that travel north to catch games. We’re taught young that you don’t go into someone else’s neighborhood with a bad attitude unless you wanna end up missing some teeth.

Man, after Cal retired and the last of that generation of players was long gone, that ballpark was a ghost town for years. There was a lot of chatter about whether or not the Angelos family was going to take the team south even back then, but, things started to turn around even before we got Showalter. After we started working on the farm system and actually building a little confidence, then they decided it was okay to spend a little money on the team. If it wasn’t for the work Buck put in, the O’s wouldn’t even be where they are now. He wasn’t the best, but, he pointed the team towards the track that they needed to be on.
Buck is the best. He is always the guy that fixes the culture of a team so they can become good

And all GW rejoiced
monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

The Tigers are giving off 2014 Royals vibes which is scary. I hope the Royals can steal one of the first two in New York and then not have to go back for Game 5. Monday night is Game 2 in the Bronx while the Chiefs host the Saints on Monday Night Football, so that will be fun.
It does feel like one of those miracle Tigers runs. You know what? Gimme Mets vs Tigers. That'd be sick.

Phillies fans suggesting bringing FTM signs and being as toxic as humanly possible. Some people are even willing to go out of their way to heckle any Mets fans that decide to show up.

Can't say I'd expect any less from the crowd who booed and threw snowballs at Santa Claus. I hope the Mets not only beat them, but embarrass these fuckers.

Back
Top Bottom