• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi Watcha playing?

I just bought the first Sly Cooper game. I didn't realize they were available on modern consoles, so I'm going to start that soon.

I think afterwards, I also want to try the first two Ape Escape games, which are also available to buy. No idea why Ape Escape 2 is marginally cheaper than 1, but all of these games are pretty reasonably priced.
The PS3 had all three Sly Cooper games together in one case, so I got that one.

Also had purchase the first Jak and Dexter game before realizing they had the trilogy on PS3 on one disc.

Have you played the Ape Escape games before? So many good memories of those, particularly the first on PS1.

I think I'm done now with Avengers after getting a couple of the more obscure achievements. I think Starship Troopers Terran Command will be next. I've also just found out that I'm going to be away from home for four nights the week after next. I do actually prefer being at home, but it's a good excuse to take my Steam Deck with me. Might see if I can mop up the last few achievements I need in Hades.

I've never played any of them before. I'm pretty delinquent on old Playstation exclusives.

The PS3 had all three Sly Cooper games together in one case, so I got that one.

Also had purchase the first Jak and Dexter game before realizing they had the trilogy on PS3 on one disc.
I bought the first Jak & Dexter game years ago. I think I would have liked it more if I played it as a kid. It doesn't have the same charm that Nintendo platformers had for me.

Jawneh

The Courier
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I think afterwards, I also want to try the first two Ape Escape games, which are also available to buy. No idea why Ape Escape 2 is marginally cheaper than 1, but all of these games are pretty reasonably priced.
I dont think I ever played the second Ape Escape, but the first one was great! Kind of janky by modern standards. If nothing else, you can unlock some minigames that were a lot of fun on top of the normal game. And it's not a bad game to 100% either.

Have you played the Ape Escape games before? So many good memories of those, particularly the first on PS1.

I think I'm done now with Avengers after getting a couple of the more obscure achievements. I think Starship Troopers Terran Command will be next. I've also just found out that I'm going to be away from home for four nights the week after next. I do actually prefer being at home, but it's a good excuse to take my Steam Deck with me. Might see if I can mop up the last few achievements I need in Hades.
The real question is whether you ever played Mass Effect in the end?

Viper_Maniac

PGen Alumni
I tend to jump around lately between LA Noire (trying to get the remaining achievements), EA Sports WRC and Snowrunner. Occasionally American Truck Simulator. Mostly PC. Don't really do consoles anymore.

To my shame, I did not.
Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

still trundling through the first metal gear solid game. currently at psycho mantis

the wife's kingdom hearts replaythrough has reached kingdom hearts iii. that there's a polarizing game but if you take it for what it is it's fun as hell. she just finished the pirates of the caribbean world which has a lot of ship combat clearly taking cues from black flag/odyssey. way better than the frozen world that is mostly just the movie frozen but sora donald and goofy are occasionally there!

been doing some replays of my own lately. we replayed portal on switch and that game holds up as much as you would expect it to (a lot). excited to get to the portal 2 replay! i also picked up tales of symphonia remastered on sale for my first playthrough of that game in nearly 20 years. love to hang out with robin from teen titans and miles tails prower.

what else? i've been enjoying f-zero 99 a lot lately. they just put out the first update in months to add some tracks that have never been playable outside of japan which is pretty cool, and there's an anniversary event going on. it's not as good as a new f-zero game would be, but hey. it's something!

i started playing metroid: zero mission for the first time lately, since it got added to NSO. thus far i think i prefer fusion but it's a really good remake.

Reactions: Ben

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
what else? i've been enjoying f-zero 99 a lot lately. they just put out the first update in months to add some tracks that have never been playable outside of japan which is pretty cool, and there's an anniversary event going on. it's not as good as a new f-zero game would be, but hey. it's something!
I'm convinced a new F-Zero game will be a launch title for the new Nintendo console. I notice whenever I start hearing about a specific old game/series a LOT, it usually releases 2 or 3 years later. F-Zero was that even *before* 99 was released.
still trundling through the first metal gear solid game. currently at psycho mantis
How is it so far? Twin Snakes kinda blew and tainted MGS for me, but I jumped into MGSV recently and absolutely adored it. Considering starting from the beginning on the PS3 collection and continuing from there.

Enjoy!

the wife's kingdom hearts replaythrough has reached kingdom hearts iii. that there's a polarizing game but if you take it for what it is it's fun as hell. she just finished the pirates of the caribbean world which has a lot of ship combat clearly taking cues from black flag/odyssey. way better than the frozen world that is mostly just the movie frozen but sora donald and goofy are occasionally there!

It was fun, but that whole series for me was such a disappointment, the first is one of my all time favorite and none after that were nearly as good and the story just went too crazy

been doing some replays of my own lately. we replayed portal on switch and that game holds up as much as you would expect it to (a lot). excited to get to the portal 2 replay!

Loved both but I think the first is better, 2 felt like it was too bloated

i also picked up tales of symphonia remastered on sale for my first playthrough of that game in nearly 20 years. love to hang out with robin from teen titans and miles tails prower.

I never liked Symphonia, couldnt get into it

I've been still hacking away at Kingdom Come Deliverance and am still loving it, will do a full post on it when ever I finish it, I know Im close to the end

Returned to Crusader Kings 3 and am finally liking it. Took a lot to finally make it click with me (after 300+ hrs into the original)

How is it so far? Twin Snakes kinda blew and tainted MGS for me, but I jumped into MGSV recently and absolutely adored it. Considering starting from the beginning on the PS3 collection and continuing from there.
it was a bit hard to wrap my head around the control scheme at first, and i had to restart and lower the difficulty to ensure that playing it would be an actually fun experience, but i like it so far. i love that otacon's "japanese animes" line is a real thing.

I never liked Symphonia, couldnt get into it
i don't think i would have liked it were i not like 13-14 when i played it. it's sooooooo hokey lol

Returned to Crusader Kings 3 and am finally liking it. Took a lot to finally make it click with me
when that game clicks it clicks. my wife and i have lost so many hours to it we have to be legit careful with how we play it lol

I just bought the first Sly Cooper game. I didn't realize they were available on modern consoles, so I'm going to start that soon.
I'm about 2 hours in and am completely sold on this game. The gameplay is simple, and not overly challenging but has just enough to make you think. You can unlock upgrades very easily, most of which are reasonably useful but none of which seem essential to actually beating the game.

I really like the sidekick character, and Sly himself is good too. He reminds me of Max Payne in terms of the way he speaks and narrates.

I love that this version of the game has a rewind feature. It's so much easier to just rewind when you die instead of starting over. Granted, this is by far the easiest game I've ever played that has a rewind feature, because that's usually best used for SNES games, which are brutally hard.

The only minor complaints I have are in the audio mixing. Sly's voice is way quieter than his partner's, and the music is general is quite loud compared to both. Being such an old game, I couldn't find any options for messing around with the audio. Also, some dialogue has subtitles and other dialogue doesn't. Still, these are pretty minor complaints.

I'm expecting it to take about 10-12 hours to complete based on how far I am right now, which is also the perfect length.

You'll probably beat it faster than 10-12 hours, but that'll give you more time to play the other 3 games.

i don't think i would have liked it were i not like 13-14 when i played it. it's sooooooo hokey lol

I can't remember when I played it, would have been in my 20s after I had played Phantasia and Vesperia, both of which I loved. I think I got to the half way point and it also felt very similar to Final Fantasy X in terms of story, but I think I read it does diverge from the similarities. I also couldnt connect with the characters. Perhaps if I had played it when I was younger it would have hit different

I've been playing WWE 2K24 ever since I re-subbed to PS+. So far, I have beaten Showcase mode and played around a bit in MyFaction (the equivalent of Madden's Ultimate Team mode).

The game seems pretty similar to 2K23, although obviously the showcase mode is all-new. It appears that blood is back in the game? I don't remember that being the case last year, and truthfully, I'm not even sure how I made it happen this year.

MyFaction feels a little bit glitchy so far, but I actually think this mode is superior to Ultimate Team, even if it is also very grindy.

As far as annual iterations of video games go, WWE has to be one of the deepest. There are so many game modes that let you do so many different things. At some point, I'm going to move on to another game, but this could easily keep you happy for a full year if you're in one of those places in your life where you just want to play the same game all the time (AKA me, 10 years ago).

Played 17 hours of Metaphor this weekend and am very impressed. It's like an old FF game with killer graphics since it's turn based but with a Persona flair. The calendar/time deadlines on side quests and story missions keeps the gameplay loop interesting. I didn't want to stop, but my kids had to eat meals or go to bed or something so I had to stop.

I also named the MC Lobster so that makes me laugh whenever things get dicey.

• Seen
Reactions: TD
Back
Top Bottom