Multi Watcha playing?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Diablo is my current poison. I stepped away from Zelda for it and might not go back for a little bit. Especially as diablo could easily roll into September and Starfield.
I am SO behind with gaming, dude. I still have a PS4 and am working my way through a catalog on that. Gaming definitely took a backseat for the better part of two decades, and I’m just now getting back into it these last few years.

Currently, I have games going on in The Outer Worlds, Far Cry 6, Madden 23, Final Fantasy VII: Remake, Fallout 4, and Dead Island 2. One day, I plan on getting a PS5 and starting on that catalog.

I still stick to console gaming, so I’m open to any suggestions that I’ve missed over the years.

I got the outer worlds but never really started it which is a shame. Ff7 I won’t get to play due to the exclusivity kerfuffle that has taken up most of gaming media atm. Dead island I’d have got but diablo and Zelda and Starfield. Lol. There’s probably some good ones I’ll have to have a look for recommendations. But Elden ring and disco Elysium are worth a glance.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I got the outer worlds but never really started it which is a shame. Ff7 I won’t get to play due to the exclusivity kerfuffle that has taken up most of gaming media atm. Dead island I’d have got but diablo and Zelda and Starfield. Lol. There’s probably some good ones I’ll have to have a look for recommendations. But Elden ring and disco Elysium are worth a glance.
Elden Ring almost cost me a controller. You guessed it… I went right for the dude on the horse.

I rarely play games anymore. I watch a lot of Among Us, though.

I do play Overwatch on occasion. Lots of controversy surrounding the choices made that has made the community endlessly salty and angry at Blizzard. I'm just sitting back and going all "I just want more Mei cosmetics..."

I did play though the entire Bioshock series (including the DLCs), and the first two Max Payne games. Intended to play Alan Wake, it's DLCs, then Quantum Break, and Control before Alan Wake 2 is released, but I went and bought the opd version of Alan Wake on Steam instead of the much better remastered version on the Epic Games store. I hate how the camera force my view in a certain direction and it feels unplayable because I constantly have to aim the camera in an unnatural position in order to feel like I'm looking in front of Alan instead slightly down and to the right.

Last edited:
I have been playing Tears of the Kingdom since it came out. It's so addictive, and there's an unlimited amount of things to do. I feel like I need to stop at some point just so I can get back to playing other things.

I also picked up Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury about a month before TOTK. I didn't get too far into it, but I just started playing it again recently for a bit, so I think I'll power through that. Honestly, I don't love it because I've played a lot of 2D Mario games lately (and this is not all that different, even if it's 3D).

Prior to TOTK, I was going hard on trying to get platinums for games I bought during covid. I wasn't super interested in getting plats at the time I bought them, but towards the end of last year, I started working on that. The most recent game I played was Bioshock 2, but I didn't finish by the time TOTK came out.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I have been playing Tears of the Kingdom since it came out. It's so addictive, and there's an unlimited amount of things to do. I feel like I need to stop at some point just so I can get back to playing other things.

I also picked up Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury about a month before TOTK. I didn't get too far into it, but I just started playing it again recently for a bit, so I think I'll power through that. Honestly, I don't love it because I've played a lot of 2D Mario games lately (and this is not all that different, even if it's 3D).

Prior to TOTK, I was going hard on trying to get platinums for games I bought during covid. I wasn't super interested in getting plats at the time I bought them, but towards the end of last year, I started working on that. The most recent game I played was Bioshock 2, but I didn't finish by the time TOTK came out.
The BioShock series is phenomenal, definitely one of my favorites from the PS3 era. I just handed over my copies to my little brother so he could play through them.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
The BioShock series is phenomenal, definitely one of my favorites from the PS3 era. I just handed over my copies to my little brother so he could play through them.
Anything Ken Levine touched that had Shock in the title, lol, it was pure amazing. I love BioShock and System Shock, such great series.

The most recent game I played was Bioshock 2, but I didn't finish by the time TOTK came out.
If you ever go back to Bioshock 2 again, Insect Swarm and Security Command are MUST have plasmids. They make the stressful moments when you have to defend the Little Sisters as they collect the Adam almost trivial. You basically let them fight the enemies for you, allowing you to handle taking pictures of enemies and/or dealing with the few that slip through the cracks in your defenses and traps.

If you ever go back to Bioshock 2 again, Insect Swarm and Security Command are MUST have plasmids. They make the stressful moments when you have to defend the Little Sisters as they collect the Adam almost trivial. You basically let them fight the enemies for you, allowing you to handle taking pictures of enemies and/or dealing with the few that slip through the cracks in your defenses and traps.
This is great to know because I believe what I needed to do next was to beat the game on the hardest difficulty (and Bioshock 2 doesn't have the same difficulty exploit that Bioshock 1 does for getting the trophy).

This is great to know because I believe what I needed to do next was to beat the game on the hardest difficulty (and Bioshock 2 doesn't have the same difficulty exploit that Bioshock 1 does for getting the trophy).
I should point out that I didn't do it on the hardest difficulty and I save scummed A LOT.

The one time I played on the hardest difficulty, I focused on the drill as my only weapon and plasmids. Talk making the game trivial. The ability to freeze Big Sisters with your drill is OP and because you only have one weapon to deal with, you don't have to worry about losing stuff when shattering frozen enemies. It starts off super hard, but then becomes a cakewalk towards the end.

Same goes for the wrench+plasmids only run I did for the first game.

Unfortunately, Infinite doesn't really have that OP melee weapon that you can focus on, plus vigors aren't as good. The skyhook is good, but you don't get many ways to improve melee combat.

Zelda TotK on Switch

Latest on Steam:
7 Days to Die (alpha v21 with friends)
Powerwash Simulator
Cultist Simulator
Battle Bit Remastered
Kingdom 80s

I'll hop on Escape From Tarkov again when it wipes, probably early July. I've logged 2800+ hours or so.

I'll pick up Diablo IV eventually, once it goes on sale.

If anyone wants to add me:
Steam friend code: 41628524
Discord: luftw4ffel

Last edited:

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Zelda TotK on Switch

Latest on Steam:
7 Days to Die (alpha v21 with friends)
Powerwash Simulator
Cultist Simulator
Battle Bit Remastered
Kingdom 80s

I'll hop on Escape From Tarkov again when it wipes, probably early July. I've logged 2800+ hours or so.

I'll pick up Diablo IV eventually, once it goes on sale.

If anyone wants to add me:
Steam friend code: 41628524
Discord: luftw4ffel

I JUST added Steam and Discord as an option for contacts in the profile after reading this. I don’t know what the cool kids play on these days, so I had only included Sony and Microsoft last time I went into the profile fields area.

Started up Scott Pilgrim vs The World over the weekend, finally. Had the game since the original X360/PS3 launch, have been meaning to play it, love silly beat-'em-ups... never pulled the trigger. Story of my life. Backlogs are evil incarnate and I'm far too obsessive to be trusted with one.

It's a pretty nice game. I feel like it wants me to block way more than I do (which is, uh, never), but I'm sure nothing bad will happen if I continue not doing that. Also got ran over by a bus. Twice. In the same level. With obvious warning signs in advance. Doing great!

I have a love-hate relationship with Final Fantasy XIV. More hate than love in recent times, but I still poke around every now and again. Should probably pause posting here and actually log in to save my goddamn houses while I'm thinking about it...

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I JUST added Steam and Discord as an option for contacts in the profile after reading this. I don’t know what the cool kids play on these days, so I had only included Sony and Microsoft last time I went into the profile fields area.
That reminds me, I totally forgot to include any of my details. lol

Lunar Kreskents

noping in a corner near you
GW Elder
Death Stranding. I didn't expect to love it, but I can't get enough of this game. Over 100 hours and I can't bring myself to finish it, it's so fun...

I also just helped a little indie game dev studio release their shmup The Day We Fought Space so I guess I was technically playing that:

And Einhander, because I like to suffer every couple years.

Major Isoor

Dynamite with a laser beam
GW Elder
I've been playing Rainbow Six: Siege regularly with friends for around eight years, so that's the multiplayer side of my gaming life mostly covered. In addition to that though, I try to play through single player games here and there.
On that topic I've been playing Spider-Man Remastered on Steam a lot lately - it's pretty good, to be honest! I got it around half-price since I wasn't sure if I'd like it as much as the older Arkham games, but TBH I actually like it better! It's pretty fun, plus the web abilities/gadgets are good - I like being able to web enemies to walls, for example. (So you can win fights by playing smart, kinda thing. As opposed to having to punch every enemy 15 times like in Batman, which could get tiresome)

Benefvctr

GW Elder
Been playing Star Citizen a bit with Lawson (OG GW Member) and a few other friends. Mainly that and Call of Duty with a bit of Battlebit Remastered.

Is that like 15 kinds of fruit in a line?

🍓 🍑 🍏 🍐 🥝 🍊 🫐 🍍
The sudoku variants? Nah - it's still numbers but there are extra rules applied. Non-consecutive constraints, XV, killer cages, kropki dots (requires either consecutive or x2), etc. It makes it so you can solve certain grids with no numbers revealed at all at the start (if you're good at it...I'm not quite to that point yet. I think the fewest I've seen and solved is starting with only 3 numbers).

If you want to see a weirdly brilliant channel covering them, look up Cracking the Cryptic on youtube and watch some of the videos with Simon.

~Lightning~

GW Elder
I've got god knows how many games on the go currently

Modern Warfare 2 for a bit of drop in multiplayer
Like a Dragon: Isshin because who doesn't love a campy Japanese Yakuza/samurai game
Rogue legacy 2 - Free on psn and it's good, short fun
No Man's Sky - Picked up for a fiver on ps5, and it's vastly improved since it launched

MRM

GW Elder
2023 has been a mega-gaming year for me, so far. I finally got a PS5 last year, but there wasn't much I could use it for. The early big titles also had PS4 versions, so I already played them on that. But this year...it was a mad dash maxing out Jedi: Survivor, Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, and Hogwarts Legacy before D4 dropped.

Now, it's almost exclusively D4. Even bought a gaming PC for it, and took 6/2 - 611 off from work (first vacation in 3+ years 😂) for max grinding on Launch week, and have only really slowed down to work and avoid the backlash from the GF.

Basically - I'm just a 15yo 37yo.

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
i have recently been playing a lot of Final Fantasy XIV. did you know that it has a free trial up to level 60 including the award-winning expansion Heavensward.

i've also been watching my fiancee play Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door for the first time. i recently replayed it a few years back and it's such a good damn game.

there are other games i have on my to-play list like Ikenfell and SIGNALIS, as well as some visual novels like Spare Parts and One Night Hot Springs. all of the big AAA games leaning super hard into being the exact same kind of game has made me never want to play another one again. maybe one day i'll want +1.6% damage against groblins but that day is not today.

4xtfoej4mso71.png

Super Mario Rpg is getting a remake this year and I could not be more excited for it. I should really dip my toes into the rest of the Mario Rpg games ahead of time.
I played the N64 Paper Mario and Paper Mario:The Origami King recently and would definitely recommend both. I did the Switch game first and the N64 one second, but I might recommend reversing that and going with the original game. They were surprisingly funny and it's cool to see so many classic Mario characters in different contexts than you might in a normal Mario game.

I really want to play The Thousand Year Door, but it hasn't made its way to Switch yet. Hopefully one day!

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
SMRPG is so good! the remake announcement blew me away, i didn’t think the stars would ever align for that to be possible. i never played the original as a kid but about a decade ago i tried it out as an adult and i had a wonderful time. it’s such a charming game and it looks like they’re doing it justice

the original Paper Mario is an all-timer and available on the NSO Expansion Pak, and the sequel is a bit harder to come by but there are ways to 🐬 around that

the Mario & Luigi series on handhelds is made by a different team (rip alphadream) and i liked the first one a TON as a kid. the only other one i played was Dream Team (it was ok.)

Raposuh

Flipwaist
GW Elder
Oh yeah I should I post for the rest of the thread. I am currently dragging a korok through the desert to it's friend on a hover bike with no name. That's the majority of my gaming time.

Also at least once every week I set sail on the Sea of Thieves.

I have 290+ hours on Tears of the Kingdom and I desperately need something else to play. I think I'm holding out for Starfield at this point, I just can't put TOTK down even though I've done everything except for Koroks. What a hell of a game this turned out to be.

Before TOTK ruined my life, I was a regular player of Animal Crossing, Fallout 76, and Minecraft.

Raposuh

Flipwaist
GW Elder
I've been avoiding looking at the hours I have played on ToTK. I only just finished my 3rd temple, but I have a lot of the depths uncovered because I wanted more batteries to build with. I just wish the wings lasted longer in flight, the hover bike is fine and all, but I wanted a fighter jet :(

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm on the ToTK train. I've done quite a lot and am just procrastinating with heading towards the last fight. Maybe this weekend if there's time.
Beyond that, on an off ARAM in League of Legends is fun, rediscovery of Brotato, and I need to finish some things that's left to do in Wartales. Potentially after ToTK I might pick up Diablo as a more long term game to play.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
I don't play enough to be playing the newest games. At the moment I'm mostly taking advantage of the portability of my Steam Deck. I've just finished Ollie Ollie World (or at least, I've done as much as I'm willing to do; great game but very difficult). And I've got about 50 hours in Hades and am not quite done with it yet. Hades might be in my top 10 games of all time. I cannot stress enough how incredible it is that a game has attracted me for 50 hours nowadays. I don't think that's happened for at least 8 years (being when my daughter was born).

As and when I start playing on my actual gaming PC again, I need to finish Desperados III. And I might play some more of Deep Rock Galactic, which is just an outstanding multiplayer game.

I have 290+ hours on Tears of the Kingdom and I desperately need something else to play. I think I'm holding out for Starfield at this point, I just can't put TOTK down even though I've done everything except for Koroks. What a hell of a game this turned out to be.

Before TOTK ruined my life, I was a regular player of Animal Crossing, Fallout 76, and Minecraft.
I heard there was a Minecraft update. Could check that out before Starfield.

1.20 released June 7.

Back
Top Bottom