• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

VTS Mafia VTS Mafia Night 1/Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I don't understand how that gives us an idea of who the mobsters are?
it gives us an idea of what the mobsters roles are and what they do and do not have to play against
We can't even agree who to put on trial. How are we going to agree who the Vigilante should kill?

Why do we all have to agree who the Vigilante should kill to prove there is a Vigilante?
because we need to know who the vigilante will target without them saying "I will target blank". if we agree, the mob doesn't know which of us pulled the trigger.

it gives us an idea of what the mobsters roles are and what they do and do not have to play against

because we need to know who the vigilante will target without them saying "I will target blank". if we agree, the mob doesn't know which of us pulled the trigger.
So we all agree, for arguments sake, to sacrifice @Zell 17 . If zell dies, then there is a vigilante. If zell does not die, either no vigilante or zell is vigilante?

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
How does it let us know which of the mobster roles we are dealing with? Wouldn't this also help the mob know who they are dealing with?
...why do we need to know who the vigilante will target? If the vigilante just picks a random target we have confirmed the vigilante exists and the mob doesn't know who it is.

Vote Update:

shortkut (3) - Ants, canadaguy, TD
Cole (1) - Kat
Zell (1) - shortkut
Benzine (1) - Jawneh
TD (1) - Local Hero
Episode 2 GIF by The Simpsons

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
So we all agree, for arguments sake, to sacrifice @Zell 17 . If zell dies, then there is a vigilante. If zell does not die, either no vigilante or zell is vigilante?
Or Zell is the Don.

Or there's only one kill with cleaner and nothing is confirmed.

Vigilante also would need to be willing to go along with this.

I've seen some weird strategies but this is up there.

we're not allowed to role claim, and we have no protectors.

so there's only one strategy I can think of to confirm what we need to know that I can think of short of role claiming, and even then, it's a huge risk.

we all agree sometimes in wolf you have to lynch townies. we can confirm who the vigilante is if people can agree on who to have the vigilante target the next night phase.

we risk Insta gibbing a townie, but we'd know we have a vigilante without them outing themselves.

also, at this juncture, if the vigilante used their power night 0 picking from a random list of numbers, *they are doing it wrong*.

bad cop is more likely, but wasting his one kill is also dumb.

equally as dumb yo wasting button pusher. especially becsuse that would confirm 3 or 4 mob types.
I like the idea. There is a downside. If there’s no vigilante and the person we “target” is a townie, the mob can just kill them and mislead us into thinking there’s a vigilante. It’s low odds though, less than 10% so seems worth doing.

I like the idea. There is a downside. If there’s no vigilante and the person we “target” is a townie, the mob can just kill them and mislead us into thinking there’s a vigilante. It’s low odds though, less than 10% so seems worth doing.
These odds are wrong the vigilante could be already dead and Cole/mafia knows it.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
1. Random arguing with Cole? - less than usual, I’ll give you that
2. random shit talking? - same as before
3. Lots of gifs? - same as before

You’re starting to sound suspicious yourself :colbert
That's fine if I sound suspicious. I learned in the last game I played that my playstyle makes people suspicious of me.

The great part? Unless the mob kills me, there's a fun trial experience.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
How does it let us know which of the mobster roles we are dealing with? Wouldn't this also help the mob know who they are dealing with?
because we'd have a better information if they have a button pusher. which would be 3 out of 4 mob confirmed roles.
...why do we need to know who the vigilante will target? If the vigilante just picks a random target we have confirmed the vigilante exists and the mob doesn't know who it is.
because if we don't have a vigilante, this hill to climb is going to suckthe. this game favors the mob heavily. we need known help that we can rely on.
I'm assuming that the mob kill would be announced differently than the vigilante kill.

if they clean it again, then they've lost another ability.

and if there's only one kill and not two, that would help narrow it down in the event of a cleaning.

because we'd have a better information if they have a button pusher. which would be 3 out of 4 mob confirmed roles.

because if we don't have a vigilante, this hill to climb is going to suckthe. this game favors the mob heavily. we need known help that we can rely on.

I'm assuming that the mob kill would be announced differently than the vigilante kill.

if they clean it again, then they've lost another ability.

and if there's only one kill and not two, that would help narrow it down in the event of a cleaning.
Vash said all kills will be announced identically even if no cleaner used

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I'm inclined to feel like night 0 was button man which is probably part of why they cleaned it.

Vigilante and Bad Cop both make no sense to actually kill on Night 0.

Vash said all kills will be announced identically even if no cleaner used

I'm inclined to feel like night 0 was button man which is probably part of why they cleaned it.

If they're announced identically then wouldn't it not reveal the how here? Just what roles the people had?

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
If they're announced identically then wouldn't it not reveal the how here? Just what roles the people had?
Oh I didn't mean they cared about the how, just that they didn't want us to know the IDs of two civilians.

In hindsight sure maybe the how but we didn't know about not knowing the how until today I think?

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Also we're just about halfway through the first day phase I believe, though most of us don't have nearly 12 hours of activity left before we sleep.
And the votes for a trial are very limited, we need 6 to put someone on trial.

I'm just gonna put this out there.

If we really aren't gonna find someone to put on trial, just put me on trial. Like I said, a trial is better than abstain.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder

NONE of the 3 make sense to use at random night 0, that's the whole point.

bad cop would actually make some sense.

he has three potential win conditions, solo, or being discovered by mob or town "seer". so if they want to win as solo, sure, burn the kill.

if they want to win as a specific team, save it.

NONE make sense, his would make the most.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Yeah, I'm gonna be going to bed like 7 hours before the phase ends so I'll make my judgment call then. If the leading vote getter is 3 still, it's not promising.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
And the votes for a trial are very limited, we need 6 to put someone on trial.

I'm just gonna put this out there.

If we really aren't gonna find someone to put on trial, just put me on trial. Like I said, a trial is better than abstain.
I also don't really care if I'm on trial either.

I'm dead soon either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom