• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

VTS Mafia VTS Mafia Night 1/Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
fucking microtransactions in mafia? seriously?
parks and recreation two funerals GIF

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Hey I'm in from work and catching up, what's the number system? This is my first wolf/mafia game since uh...well before GW closed lol
lol Welcome back to the fun.

Basically since a lot of these games start with Night 0, instead of targeting a player you choose a number (e.g., 1-15) and it'll target them. This was to avoid the same person always getting killed Night 0.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
lol Welcome back to the fun.

Basically since a lot of these games start with Night 0, instead of targeting a player you choose a number (e.g., 1-15) and it'll target them. This was to avoid the same person always getting killed Night 0.
And it only applies that first night. Afterwards direct targeting is a-okay if that's your thing

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Thanks, appreciated. Are the teams typically informed of which numbers would be considered "friendly" to them, or is it a literal shot in the dark?
it's the same as a normal game start with a night 0, but instead of a list of names that you have no information on, you have numbers to avoid the bigger names all being targeted.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
alright if activity is dwindling.

I vote Kat for now

she's good enough that if innocent can talk herself out of it. and she is my highest suspicion at the moment of a whole game without a ton of suspicion.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I'm still not sure yet. I think kut is a little bit in the "always suspicious" category and I'm not quite sure yet. Don't want to bandwagon yet even if it's not instant death here.
at this juncture, id rather put a good and suspicious player on trial than an average or beginner one.

if they're guilty they'll die, if they're innocent they're good enough to talk their ways out of it.

Reactions: TD
at this juncture, id rather put a good and suspicious player on trial than an average or beginner one.

if they're guilty they'll die, if they're innocent they're good enough to talk their ways out of it.
That's a good point. So long as he does more than tell us why we should murder ants tomorrow he'll probably be in decent shape should be get to that point.

Tubby23

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
Executive
GW Elder
Right, so, now that my brain is finally not moving like tar and I have had my second read-through I feel like I am up to date.

Cole's most recent point about a good player having the chance to defend themselves on trial does seem like a good way for us to get information and "clear" players. I suppose those considered in that category are going to be kat, Cole, kut, Alu and TD. So for arguments sake if I look at those 5 players to begin with:

• Cole - not behaving particularly unusual, he and Zell had an argument but that didn't really seem to be much more than a bit of discussion
  • Alu - has spent most of the day busy by the looks of it so hard to really say much about Alu. Also I have to admit Alu is the player I have found hardest to read in all of the games so far since returning except for last game when Benzine tricked him while he was at work, thanks @Benzine
  • kat - while Cole and her had a bit of back and forth, I think Cole's vote is no more than a vote for a good player vote and see what they have to say. She's also said nothing that to me is obviously suspicious.
  • kut - I reckon Ants would be dead if kut was a mafia, for the memes alone. That said kut hasn't behaved in a way that raises my suspicions.
  • TD - a completely different case. While its been claimed that you are not playing any different than usual, I feel you have come in to cause chaos and throw paint around to see what sticks and hopefully have someone from the town on trial. I know you change votes a lot normally but I feel that you have acted the most suspiciously of the good players that I would like to hear what you have to say to defend yourself on trial. Therefore,
Vote TD so admittedly I am following Cole's logic but feel that TD is a better target for scrutiny.

• Suspicious

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Any questions that will be asked at my trial should it come to that will be responded to exclusively with GIFs from the Simpsons.

Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Tubby23

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
Executive
GW Elder
Let's be honest, I could have listed 12 other players (not including me) still alive who are all good players I just had to pick some people and those are 5 of the top 6 most posts in thread (not including Vash) so had the most to go on. The other being Zell who I think I have literally played 1 game with because they're usually host so I don't even know what their game is

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Vote TD so admittedly I am following Cole's logic but feel that TD is a better target for scrutiny.
I know its easy for me to say this as idea haver. but it's sound logic, so I don't think it's bad to be following my "logic". even if I was mafia, this is a reasonable idea.

but we do need to decide collectively. abstaining isn't an option in this version.

(and please spare me the callback to FQs first game, this is different and abstaining makes no sense.)

this is one instance where bandwagon is "acceptable" so we don't waste a second day that people die.

• Agree

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
bart simpson GIF

Cole - not behaving particularly unusual, he and Zell had an argument but that didn't really seem to be much more than a bit of discussion
Didn't seem to be much more than a discussion? Zell literally wrapped up the "discussion" by saying that he didn't care if Cole was town, wanted him dead, and voted for him. He later retracted the vote when it was clear it wasn't going anywhere and claimed he was just mad. Cole has also had the weird idea of us bossing around the Vigilante to kill a townie so we can confirm a townie exists. Usual Cole is not "sacrifice townies".
Alu - has spent most of the day busy by the looks of it so hard to really say much about Alu. Also I have to admit Alu is the player I have found hardest to read in all of the games so far since returning except for last game when Benzine tricked him while he was at work, thanks @Benzine
Yeah I'm not getting much of a read on Alu right now.
kat - while Cole and her had a bit of back and forth, I think Cole's vote is no more than a vote for a good player vote and see what they have to say. She's also said nothing that to me is obviously suspicious.
You think Cole's vote for her is no more than a good player vote huh? What about in that same post where he said Kat is currently the most suspicious to him?
kut - I reckon Ants would be dead if kut was a mafia, for the memes alone. That said kut hasn't behaved in a way that raises my suspicions.
You couldn't have chosen to kill Ants specifically even if they wanted to. Kut did publically say he wasn't going to go after him, although did have a vote on him for all of one minute for funsies.
TD - a completely different case. While its been claimed that you are not playing any different than usual, I feel you have come in to cause chaos and throw paint around to see what sticks and hopefully have someone from the town on trial. I know you change votes a lot normally but I feel that you have acted the most suspiciously of the good players that I would like to hear what you have to say to defend yourself on trial.
You mean like the last game I played where I screamed from the rooftops that silence only helps the wolves? Where I admitted I throw shit at a wall until it sticks? Cole was at 3 votes with a hypothetical bandwagon forming when I came out and said my vote for him was temporary. I've even said it's better to have a trial than abstain to the point I'll vote for myself. But sure, I'm trying to throw a random townie into a trial and cause chaos.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Based on current vote structure, the two votes that make the most sense for a trial are shortkut and I.

Unless we think we can collectively pile 6 votes on someone else.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Didn't seem to be much more than a discussion? Zell literally wrapped up the "discussion" by saying that he didn't care if Cole was town, wanted him dead, and voted for him. He later retracted the vote when it was clear it wasn't going anywhere and claimed he was just mad. Cole has also had the weird idea of us bossing around the Vigilante to kill a townie so we can confirm a townie exists. Usual Cole is not "sacrifice townies".
I don't want the vigilante to kill a townie, I said I'm willing to risk a townie in order to know that we have an ally.

option 1: no extra person dies becsuse we don't have vig. that confirms either bad cop or button pusher.

option 2: the target we select dies, if there's only one kill, it was the wolves.

option 3: there are two, it was the vigilante or the bad cop trying to hurt the town by giving us a false safety net.

all of that is important information.

you're right, I don't ever like sacrificing townies. but this is a different game, the town is at a disadvantage, and we need confirmed allies.

we can't ever *ever* 100% guarantee lynching ANYONE, let alone a wolf.

it if we have a vigilante and we know it. we can use him to still win the game. we *need* the vigilante.
You think Cole's vote for her is no more than a good player vote huh? What about in that same post where he said Kat is currently the most suspicious to him?
as I said in my post, I would rather trial a good player with a little suspicion (even if it's me) than a newer/worse player with none.

yes, Kat and Zell top my suspect list at the moment. but the list is shallow and there's very little support. it's like coming in last in a beauty pageant, you're still beautiful, just the least beautiful. ...but opposite.

I'm second guessing that metaphor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom