• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

VTS Mafia VTS Mafia Night 1/Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Based on current vote structure, the two votes that make the most sense for a trial are shortkut and I.

Unless we think we can collectively pile 6 votes on someone else.
no, it shouldn't ve about the votes. it should be about us agreeing on someone with enough suspicion to warrant the risk. whoever tops our list.

I'm happy for it to be me if desired. I'm probably dead soon anyway.

Tubby23

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
Executive
GW Elder
Didn't seem to be much more than a discussion? Zell literally wrapped up the "discussion" by saying that he didn't care if Cole was town, wanted him dead, and voted for him. He later retracted the vote when it was clear it wasn't going anywhere and claimed he was just mad. Cole has also had the weird idea of us bossing around the Vigilante to kill a townie so we can confirm a townie exists. Usual Cole is not "sacrifice townies".
Granted it was heated but remember I come in and read it hours and pages later by which point it feels like a blip on the radar in the thread. Whether it got heated or not I fell it is just two strong-willed players having an argument and I filedit under just a disucssion because I actually felt there was little for me to learn from it. Cole was playing like normal and I don't know Zell well enough to know whether it was normal or not. Certainly over the recent week in the dead thread from Zell's game they also had a back and forth discussion. This felt like a continuation of that so I just ignored it almost.
You think Cole's vote for her is no more than a good player vote huh? What about in that same post where he said Kat is currently the most suspicious to him?
In short, yes. If I hang myself up on every word Cole says I will never play my own game and have fun. Therefore, I took his idea and came up with my own thoughts. Those being, I didn't find kat's behaviour suspicious.
You mean like the last game I played where I screamed from the rooftops that silence only helps the wolves? Where I admitted I throw shit at a wall until it sticks? Cole was at 3 votes with a hypothetical bandwagon forming when I came out and said my vote for him was temporary. I've even said it's better to have a trial than abstain to the point I'll vote for myself. But sure, I'm trying to throw a random townie into a trial and cause chaos.

I acknowledged you were being consistent, that still made me no more comfortable about your role. My intention is that on trial you will throw less shit at the wall and we will get some straight talk. You're the most vocal person and at this stage whether you are trying to cause chaos or not I'm not sure so I'd like to use the trial to figure that out. I'm comfortable that if you are a good guy you will litigate for yourself successfully and if you're not we get a baddy day 2

Last edited:
  • Suspicious
Reactions: TD

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
In short, yes. If I hang myself up on every word Cole says I will never play my own game and have fun. Therefore, I took his idea and came up with my own thoughts. Those being, I didn't find kat's behaviour suspicious.
you are wrong on that. I don't have a ton of suspicion on Kat, I'm not saying "shes mafia", but if I had to rank all 13 remaining players on who I think is MOST likely, at this very second shes at the top of my list.

informed "random" voting is better than random random.

Tubby23

Executive
GW Elder
you are wrong on that. I don't have a ton of suspicion on Kat, I'm not saying "shes mafia", but if I had to rank all 13 remaining players on who I think is MOST likely, at this very second shes at the top of my list.

informed "random" voting is better than random random.
Ok that's fair. On the same token it's TD that gives me that feeling.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Kat seems like the least suspicious person here. All she brought was facts. I don’t want to risk offing her because I think she is the best reader of people on this board and would like to keep that around.
except that isn't what Kat does, and it severely insults her skill level.

she posts facts as hypothesis. she "twists" the facts to fit a story, whether it's for towns benefit or evils. she is among the best strategy readers in the game. more often than not, she is spot on figuring out why some one *might* perform a strategy.

and since this is a case where she is massively wrong on her crafted theory, then it leads me to believe she's the one pulling the strings.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
option 1: no extra person dies becsuse we don't have vig. that confirms either bad cop or button pusher.

option 2: the target we select dies, if there's only one kill, it was the wolves.

option 3: there are two, it was the vigilante or the bad cop trying to hurt the town by giving us a false safety net.
Us telling the Vigilante to kill and who to kill comes with some issues though. If we openly tell them this and they listen, they may kill a citizen and the mafia will know not to waste anything on that person tonight. They'll kill someone else. That'll immediately bring us to 11 players, 4 mafia and 6-7 citizens. If the trial goes poorly and a citizen dies, it's already game over. That's not even considered the possibility of a third kill ability. Then we gotta deal with potentially not knowing who died.

I just don't see the reward, or at least a reward that compares to the risk. We know there's a Vigilante, okay fine. To what end? What's the gameplan after? Openly choose a Vigilante target and a Trial target while watching the Jury every day?

I agree this is tipped heavily in the favour of the mafia so we have to take risks, I just don't see a big reward for a huge risk.
yes, Kat and Zell top my suspect list at the moment. but the list is shallow and there's very little support. it's like coming in last in a beauty pageant, you're still beautiful, just the least beautiful. ...but opposite.

I'm second guessing that metaphor
I mean, I chuckled, so there's that.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
no, it shouldn't ve about the votes. it should be about us agreeing on someone with enough suspicion to warrant the risk. whoever tops our list.

I'm happy for it to be me if desired. I'm probably dead soon anyway.
Normally I'd agree with you, but with it being 9pm ET and the phase ending at 5:30am ET, I'm not expecting much to happen before the phase is over.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Us telling the Vigilante to kill and who to kill comes with some issues though. If we openly tell them this and they listen, they may kill a citizen and the mafia will know not to waste anything on that person tonight. They'll kill someone else. That'll immediately bring us to 11 players, 4 mafia and 6-7 citizens. If the trial goes poorly and a citizen dies, it's already game over. That's not even considered the possibility of a third kill ability. Then we gotta deal with potentially not knowing who died.

I just don't see the reward, or at least a reward that compares to the risk. We know there's a Vigilante, okay fine. To what end? What's the gameplan after? Openly choose a Vigilante target and a Trial target while watching the Jury every day?

I agree this is tipped heavily in the favour of the mafia so we have to take risks, I just don't see a big reward for a huge risk.
the risk is extremely high. but this is a monumentaly uphill climb without real allies. I said earlier the mob doesn't need blind aggression for this.

you know who does?

us.

• Agree

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Okay. I'm fine with this strategy. I don't feel much actual sus coming from TD just yet and at the very least this is some protection for him tonight.

Voting TD
I'll say he's not at the BOTTOM of my list, he's higher on the "suspicious" side for me, but not at the top. And even less significant than my others.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Vote Update

TD (6) - Local Hero, Tubby, Zell, TD, Cole, Alu
shortkut (2) - Ants, canadaguy
Cole (1) - Kat
Zell (1) - shortkut
Benzine (1) - Jawneh

the sopranos hbo GIF

Tubby23

Executive
GW Elder
We're about to find out!

I think it'll basically be like I'm on the hot seat, everyone can say shit and ask questions. The 5 jurors will then decide my fate based on how it goes, all while the group ALSO tries to vote for someone for a Day 3 trial.
And also tries to work out if any jurors are suss.

To me trial seems the most powerful way to work out information on the most people at the same time. Tomorrow for example we can scrutinise TD as well as 5 jurors as they all have to commit a proper vote one way or the other.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
And also tries to work out if any jurors are suss.

To me trial seems the most powerful way to work out information on the most people at the same time. Tomorrow for example we can scrutinise TD as well as 5 jurors as they all have to commit a proper vote one way or the other.
Exactly, which is why I'm fine volunteering to be tried so maybe we can get some discussion on suspects of substance.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Only if they chose to release the defendant before the trial and even then I don't think we find out who they are. @VashTheStampede ??
If there is a Lawyer or Mob Lawyer they can, at any time during the trial, DM me to release the accused. The trial will immediately end and the prisoner released.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom