• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

VTS Mafia VTS Mafia Night 1/Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
4 is also the number of syllables in your name.

Season 3 Thinking GIF by The Simpsons
Yeah so as you can see I am pro-4 not anti-4

• Alert!
Reactions: TD
How so?

My thought (admittedly I don't have many good thoughts) is that if we put someone innocent with a good role in a trial, they're forced to reveal important details about themselves. If we find them not guilty, or whatever it is, then the mobsters have a good target. There are no protect roles, right?

How does it help us unless we get lucky in voting for a mobster AND jury finding them guilty

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
If we don't put someone on trial, the literal earliest we COULD kill someone is during Day 3 (not counting vigilante), which gives the mafia 2 (maybe 3) more kills. That's not even including bad cop or vigilante.

I vote Local Hero.

I've been in a meeting for the past 5 and half hours and unable to read or keep up with this. Does everyone hate eachother yet? Do we need another just for funsies game?

I did see someone ask about last night I think. I gave too many badges out last night, including the big dick award to Ants. That's not a sight we all want to see though.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I assumed both kills were by the mob, which I said I felt was most likely. In that case, do you still feel it's dumb?
it's less dumb. it's still premature. I wouldn't have burned my one extra night kill on the first night. not at a random order.

again: this is NOT zells game and is a different strategy. everyone (zell specifically) said I figured out the meta for his game in like 3 posts.

well I'm telling you the meta in this game is NOT blind aggression. there's no need for it when they can isolate and destroy.

it's less dumb. it's still premature. I wouldn't have burned my one extra night kill on the first night. not at a random order.

again: this is NOT zells game and is a different strategy. everyone (zell specifically) said I figured out the meta for his game in like 3 posts.

well I'm telling you the meta in this game is NOT blind aggression. there's no need for it when they can isolate and destroy.
Blind aggression is out, visible aggression is in.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Whether or not the wolves strategy is dumb is kind of immaterial at this point; it’s what they did.

Hey @canadaguy what were you up to last night
Stop arguing with Cole so much and pay attention :chuckle

Oh you did ask what we did last night. I gave out badges.

You need a nipple?

I can’t help it after 20 years he knows too well how to irritate me :p

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Blind aggression is out, visible aggression is in.
ironically enough, yes, visible aggression is what they want.

there is ONE seer in this game, and they have an advantage they never have in these games. they have a guaranteed night kill EVERY NIGHT (no protectors), and the town DOES NOT have a guaranteed kill every day. even if we came to a majority of who to put on trial, mobsters could influence the trial enough to lose a kill.

the mob shouldn't want to be in the shadows. "out yourself and die" should be their message. show how strong they are, show the powers they have when we know they have them.

they don't have to worry about 8 seers, protectors, and other killers.

why rush? be overt in your aggression if you're gonna be aggressive.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
ironically enough, yes, visible aggression is what they want.

there is ONE seer in this game, and they have an advantage they never have in these games. they have a guaranteed night kill EVERY NIGHT (no protectors), and the town DOES NOT have a guaranteed kill every day. even if we came to a majority of who to put on trial, mobsters could influence the trial enough to lose a kill.

the mob shouldn't want to be in the shadows. "out yourself and die" should be their message. show how strong they are, show the powers they have when we know they have them.

they don't have to worry about 8 seers, protectors, and other killers.

why rush? be overt in your aggression if you're gonna be aggressive.
But town has vigilante though who could just pick off the mafia if they out themselves like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom