• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

VTS Mafia VTS Mafia Night 1/Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
homer simpson GIF

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I would personally wait a bit because everything is new and confusing.

And by the by, I don't understand the bandwagon on Cole, Shortkut, Kat, TD, Shortkut, Zell, maybe others, have all contributed in trying to understand the game and giving hypothesis about what makes sense. I haven't seen anything in Cole's post that screams "leading the town into the wrong direction".

If anything, Kat is, but I'm not feeling that way strongly about anyone.

TD is pulling the vote for everyone tactic
How do you think I'm misleading the town? I'm very tired so it's totally possible I'm way off. Do correct me if I'm leading us down the wrong path.

I'm going to check back later and vote for somebody who hasn't posted much, I think, unless someone is being very obviously suspicious.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
How do you think I'm misleading the town? I'm very tired so it's totally possible I'm way off. Do correct me if I'm leading us down the wrong path.

I'm going to check back later and vote for somebody who hasn't posted much, I think, unless someone is being very obviously suspicious.
so you've said several times how suspicious you think I am, inciting people to agree with you and vote for me, but you have no intention of voting for me?

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I think only one other person has voted for you? And you do that shit all the time, pfft. We don't know anything, obviously votes at this point aren't super serious.
TD has a vote on me that he claims he will change. Zell has a vote on me. You have a vote on me.

and you are actively trying to make me appear more suspicious for telling you a strategy is dumb.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
TD has a vote on me that he claims he will change. Zell has a vote on me. You have a vote on me.

and you are actively trying to make me appear more suspicious for telling you a strategy is dumb.
Zell's vote has nothing to do with me though, you antagonized him into that.

That's an interesting way to characterize things.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty suspicious of Cole. I feel like he's leading us astray when he should know better. But he's always suspicious so 🤷‍♀️
By the way, Kat, this was the post I was referring to. I don't think we have enough to say anyone is suspicious, so you saying this made alarm bells go off for me.

How, exactly, is Cole leading us astray? Maybe at most he said a failed trial would be no info and wasted might and someone, maybe you, saying it would be a great way to get info. Is that enough to cause suspicion?

• Suspicious
Reactions: TD

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Zell's vote has nothing to do with me though, you antagonized him into that.

That's an interesting way to characterize things.
Sure, that's one way to explain starting a bandwagon on me. "He found his own reason to claim I'm suspicious, definitely not a bandwagon"
Yeah that’s because you were pissing me off not because you’re evil.

But Vash doesn’t need me ruining his game
Don't worry, dumb decisions will do that for you!

How, exactly, is Cole leading us astray? Maybe at most he said a failed trial would be no info and wasted might and someone, maybe you, saying it would be a great way to get info. Is that enough to cause suspicion?

He’s doing his normal thing of trying to stir shit up and see what happens. He did it last game by voting everyone in the village before dying with two bullets.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
By the way, Kat, this was the post I was referring to. I don't think we have enough to say anyone is suspicious, so you saying this made alarm bells go off for me.

Mine was a misspeak anyway, yes we'd get "info" from a trial, but if there is an innocent verdict, we gain no *ACTUAL* intel. No firm "this was a townie, they are dead now" or "this is a mobster, hes dead now".

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
He’s doing his normal thing of trying to stir shit up and see what happens. He did it last game by voting everyone in the village before dying with two bullets.
No, I'm not trying to stir up anything. I'm genuinely confused why so many people are defending a strategy that makes no functional sense in this game. But you keep on with your bad reads.

No, I'm not trying to stir up anything. I'm genuinely confused why so many people are defending a strategy that makes no functional sense in this game. But you keep on with your bad reads.

Because, obviously, not everyone agrees on it being a bad strategy (including the mafia obviously).

Also, again, there’s no info on whether anyone’s reads are bad. You tell me what you think is a good read. Who is suspicious Coleman?

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Because, obviously, not everyone agrees on it being a bad strategy (including the mafia obviously).

Also, again, there’s no info on whether anyone’s reads are bad. You tell me what you think is a good read. Who is suspicious Coleman?
But it is objectively a bad strategy.

Also theres plenty of info on whos reads are bad. Is this your first game of wolf/mafia? I know what my role is, so the people being suspicious of me, those are REALLY FUCKING BAD READS.

Who's suspicious?

So far the people saying things like "i'd convict him even if I knew he was a townie", and "he's suspicious for saying a strategy is bad" are leading my list.

But it is objectively a bad strategy.

Also theres plenty of info on whos reads are bad. Is this your first game of wolf/mafia? I know what my role is, so the people being suspicious of me, those are REALLY FUCKING BAD READS.

Who's suspicious?

So far the people saying things like "i'd convict him even if I knew he was a townie", and "he's suspicious for saying a strategy is bad" are leading my list.

Let me be the first to tell you that you have a “really fucking bad read”.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Yeah, maybe, but if I get suspicious on someone that's posting dumb shit of their own accord? That's fine with me.

*I'M* not the one that said I'd convict even if I knew someone was a townie.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

I feel like I said it pretty explicitly in other posts but I'll attempt to recap.

He said using confusion off the bat is a waste and won't help them at all, even though multiple of us see some obvious ways it can. It gives the mobsters more ways to hide, they can cast doubt on townies hinting at roles. Admittedly this is less important in this game with fewer roles, but that doesn't make it completely useless. And they can still use it again.

He suggested we just ignore the hidden roles and assume they're normal townies even though chances are that's not the case. Again, this thinking gives mobsters more places to hide.

He's insisting the mobsters are super dumb and he'd never do any of what they're doing. Maybe it's true or maybe it's an attempt to get us to think they're not being strategic when they actually are. When we pointed out ways what they're doing could be strategic, he doubled down and said we're all being dumb too.

Would I outright lynch him over that? No. Would I put him on trial to see who defends him and who wants him dead? Sure, why not?

I do still wanna go after a quiet person too though. I don't want flying under the radar to be safe.

• Agree
Reactions: TD
I feel like I said it pretty explicitly in other posts but I'll attempt to recap.

He said using confusion off the bat is a waste and won't help them at all, even though multiple of us see some obvious ways it can. It gives the mobsters more ways to hide, they can cast doubt on townies hinting at roles. Admittedly this is less important in this game with fewer roles, but that doesn't make it completely useless. And they can still use it again.

He suggested we just ignore the hidden roles and assume they're normal townies even though chances are that's not the case. Again, this thinking gives mobsters more places to hide.

He's insisting the mobsters are super dumb and he'd never do any of what they're doing. Maybe it's true or maybe it's an attempt to get us to think they're not being strategic when they actually are. When we pointed out ways what they're doing could be strategic, he doubled down and said we're all being dumb too.

Would I outright lynch him over that? No. Would I put him on trial to see who defends him and who wants him dead? Sure, why not?

I do still wanna go after a quiet person too though. I don't want flying under the radar to be safe.
The thing is, what’s more likely? Cole being a Machiavellian-level manipulator who is evil? Or being dumb and town?

Thank you for explaining

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder

this post makes a phenomenally little amount of sense. If any of that is what you believe, then you'd be foolish to NOT vote for me over it. Unless you know how bad of a look killing me would be.
The thing is, what’s more likely? Cole being a Machiavellian-level manipulator who is evil? Or being dumb and town?
Oh how cute, Zell is suddenly trying to "defend" my innocence while throwing back handed insults while also abandoning the bandwagon he helped to try and start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom