• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

VTS Mafia VTS Mafia Night 1/Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
sad homer simpson GIF

because I think it's an extremely safe assumption to assume they're both members of the town, and honestly, odds are one or both didn't even have a role.
Question: would the cleaner know the roles that are hidden or would they be in the dark too. It’s certainly interesting that you’re pretty sure both didn’t have roles

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Oh that and the mafia would be fools to not use confusion as early as possible, you aren’t guaranteed any future uses and the game is less complex the longer it goes. Maximize confusion.
that is true in your games, that is not true in this game. the only justifiable use is if they double killed. otherwise it's a waste when not every one has roles. this game is slower by default.

the only way you "aren't guaranteed future uses" is if you die. in which case, don't die. especially if there is a mob lawyer to spring now.

that is true in your games, that is not true in this game. the only justifiable use is if they double killed. otherwise it's a waste when not every one has roles. this game is slower by default.

the only way you "aren't guaranteed future uses" is if you die. in which case, don't die. especially if there is a mob lawyer to spring now.

Vigilante bro

The confusion effect is the same regardless of whether the people you kill have roles or not. The whole idea of confusion is that evils can get kills without shrinking the space for which evils can hide. Also, that is a very definitive statement on "what is true" in this game that has so far been played for...3 hours.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
The confusion effect is the same regardless of whether the people you kill have roles or not. The whole idea of confusion is that evils can get kills without shrinking the space for which evils can hide. Also, that is a very definitive statement on "what is true" in this game that has so far been played for...3 hours.
Yeah, I'm getting pretty suspicious of Cole. I feel like he's leading us astray when he should know better. But he's always suspicious so 🤷‍♀️

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I appreciate the explanation on a super simple concept that I've already used in one of these games as if you're explaining a grand strategy.

and yes, it is a grand statement. because they're two very different games, and just because it works in yours doesn't mean it works in another.

here, I can mansplain too. see: there aren't as many roles in this game, there are less chances for the wolves to be immediately found out, killed, or defended against. therefore there is no "rush" to do as much damage or cause as much confusion as possible when the game should almost certainly last longer by default.
I mean, 80% is pretty high.
and still not guaranteed!

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
weren't you just worried about a bandwagon?

are you under the impression that just because no one voted it's not a bandwagon? just tacking on a vote to other people's suspicions *is* a bandwagon.
I mean to be fair, I voted you before anyone else has cast "suspicion" on you.

This whole grandiose "it's my playbook" thing is either trying to claim a basic strategy was truly only something you could come up or trying to antagonize people into defending the use of a basic strategy.

Here's my attempt to math on what do we know:

Fixed villain roles:
The Don
The Button Man
The Cleaner

Possible at 50% each:
Mob Lawyer
Consigliere

Fixed town:
6x boring-ass townies

One of these is missing 20% chance:
Lawyer
Gumshoe
Good Cop
Vigilante
Judge

Possible:
1x Dirty Cop OR 1x boring townie at ????% chance

So who got killed last night? If the villains have a Consigliere, almost certainly one of the special roles (Consigliere has a 40% chance of nailing one right off the bat with a check. If (s)he misses, then they kill two random and have a 5/9 * 4/8 chance of hitting two more townies. All that put together means consigliere hits a townie 60%, then they kill two townies is 16% we still have a "major" role alive.

Even without a consigliere, just blind attacking it's 2/3 chance they hit a special role. Given 50% chance of consigliere in the game, our "expected" chance outcome that all 4 major town roles are alive here is around 25%. So what does that mean? The first evil on stand will likely claim the dead special role. There would be nobody to counterclaim or attempt to put pressure on the claim.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I mean to be fair, I voted you before anyone else has cast "suspicion" on you.

This whole grandiose "it's my playbook" thing is either trying to claim a basic strategy was truly only something you could come up or trying to antagonize people into defending the use of a basic strategy.
It's neither. It's not something only I would come up with, it's just something I *DID* come up with, like 4 games ago at this point. Prior to that the wolves were meandering around waiting for things to happen in a game wrought with seers, protectors and killers. Aggression is needed in a game where 37 seers could check you every night.

That's not the case here. By all means, defend your strategy of burning confusion that gives us more information about who the wolves are.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
"Blind aggression" you mean....evils trying to kill townspeople? Yeah I agree they definitely should NOT do that. Evil team, take notes from Cole please.
You're being intentionally stupid now.

We're not talking about about them killing, not even a little bit is that the topic of discussion.

You're very adamant about defending this strategy of the mob.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Maybe instead we should put someone being quiet on the hot seat it's a lot easier to fly under the radar in this game, especially if townies do start pointing fingers at each other at the beginning of the game.

The first evil on stand will likely claim the dead special role. There would be nobody to counterclaim or attempt to put pressure on the claim.
I had this same thought. It also makes Cole trying to convince us we should assume no roles were taken out extra suspicious.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
It's neither. It's not something only I would come up with, it's just something I *DID* come up with, like 4 games ago at this point. Prior to that the wolves were meandering around waiting for things to happen in a game wrought with seers, protectors and killers. Aggression is needed in a game where 37 seers could check you every night.

That's not the case here. By all means, defend your strategy of burning confusion that gives us more information about who the wolves are.
There are also two roles (with more to come) that can be role claimed come trial that only the mafia knows unless our seer outs themself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom