• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

VTS Mafia VTS Mafia Night 1/Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
actually I'm going to take a bold stance here.

this confusion night 0 in THIS game helps the town. there are 5 potential mob roles, and they've just shown us one of them that exists.

@VashTheStampede can town and/or mob roles double up? or is it one each of the 4 from the list of 5?
No double roles in this iteration. Was already kind of complex with the new mechanic so I wanted to keep it a little simpler elsewhere

Reactions: TD

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I mean it also doesnt help them as much in this game as it does in Zells though.

because I think it's an extremely safe assumption to assume they're both members of the town, and honestly, odds are one or both didn't even have a role.

this early it doesn't help them as much as they'd like.

we just work under the assumption two normal civis died until were proven otherwise.
Hmm, maybe. (Trigger warning: math incoming. Disclaimer, it's 5 am and I'm only awake because of a nightmare so don't hold it against me if I fuck this up.)
15 players, 4 are mob, so 11 unknown, 5 of which have a special role. If they can't check roles and killed two people blindly, it's 6/11 times 5/10 chance they hit a normal townie twice, which is only 27%. And the odds are even less if they were able to role check. So we should actually assume they did get someone with a role.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Hmm, maybe. (Trigger warning: math incoming. Disclaimer, it's 5 am and I'm only awake because of a nightmare so don't hold it against me if I fuck this up.)
15 players, 4 are mob, so 11 unknown, 5 of which have a special role. If they can't check roles and killed two people blindly, it's 6/11 times 5/10 chance they hit a normal townie twice, which is only 27%. And the odds are even less if they were able to role check. So we should actually assume they did get someone with a role.
Technically only 4 of the 11 are known to have a special role.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
correct me if I'm wrong, but that math only works if they are both mob kills that were coordinated among the group, which we can't confirm.

but the vigilante and bad cop would effectively be drawing from the same 6 out to 11.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
correct me if I'm wrong, but that math only works if they are both mob kills that were coordinated among the group, which we can't confirm.

but the vigilante and bad cop would effectively be drawing from the same 6 out to 11.
Actually the odds are different for them since their pool includes the mob, so even higher they got someone with a role, but I was assuming the mob did both, yeah.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Nah, it doesn't matter since they definitely killed two different people.
math isn't my strong suit, and I don't wanna pull a Ryan, but I was thinking about it more from the position of before the game starts, which since both kills happened at random, means unless they were in a group, they both chose randomly from a pool of 15 numbers.

I'm confusing myself now with numbers, this is not my area.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
And a vigilante is potentially taking the 4/15 (26.66%) chance of hitting a mob member if they made a kill based on no info last night.
Do we think someone took that chance?
I'm kinda cocky so hypothetically speaking if I was the Vigilante I probably would.

I'm definitely not the only one.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Calculate Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
math isn't my strong suit, and I don't wanna pull a Ryan, but I was thinking about it more from the position of before the game starts, which since both kills happened at random, means unless they were in a group, they both chose randomly from a pool of 15 numbers.

I'm confusing myself now with numbers, this is not my area.
All right I lied, but this is the last I pinky promise.

Yes, at the start of the game, they do have a chance of hitting the same person so it's the same pool (aside from it including the mob and not including themselves). But since we know they didn't hit the same person, we can exclude that possibility.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
All right let's do something fun instead: Cole said what he'd do if he were playing the mob. What would your play be if it were you? Would you use abilities the first night or keep your cards close to your chest and wait for the best moment?
no I didn't, I said what I wouldn't do.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
All right let's do something fun instead: Cole said what he'd do if he were playing the mob. What would your play be if it were you? Would you use abilities the first night or keep your cards close to your chest and wait for the best moment?
I'd throw everything out there at once.

Mostly because I'm a terrible combination of impatient and paranoid.

What about YOU?

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'd throw everything out there at once.

Mostly because I'm a terrible combination of impatient and paranoid.

What about YOU?
Yeah, me too probably. The one time I did wait it backfired on me horribly. Maybe this game will be a slower pace and it'd be a mistake, but it's better than getting killed and not getting to use it at all.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
So also, there's "no harm" in actually voting someone today because it's not a guaranteed death sentence.

Am I doing this right?

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
So also, there's "no harm" in actually voting someone today because it's not a guaranteed death sentence.

Am I doing this right?
there is still harm.

because we'd waste a trial on some one innocent.

the better answer is because this is a guaranteed no kill day for the town, we need to vote for someone otherwise we effectively lose 2 days.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

Am I doing this right?
Yeah I was thinking that too. Technically the jury could be mostly mob and that could get them killed, but it'd be worth the info IMO.

I'm glad you were the first to say it, though

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
there is still harm.

because we'd waste a trial on some one innocent.

the better answer is because this is a guaranteed no kill day for the town, we need to vote for someone otherwise we effectively lose 2 days.
How is voting for someone over no one wasting a trial on someone innocent? The alternative is wasting it by not having it at all.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Yeah I was thinking that too. Technically the jury could be mostly mob and that could get them killed, but it'd be worth the info IMO.

I'm glad you were the first to say it, though
Why are you glad I said it first?

Are you a mobster trying to avoid saying things that could be perceived as suspicious?

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
How is voting for someone over no one wasting a trial on someone innocent? The alternative is wasting it by not having it at all.
I answered your question in the same post!

he got the right answer with the wrong formula.

we need to vote today because we lose two days if not.

but there is still harm in doing it, because a townie could still die at random. it's not like tomorrow will give them a better chance at defending themselves if they're just citizen with no information.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I answered your question in the same post!

he got the right answer with the wrong formula.

we need to vote today because we lose two days if not.

but there is still harm in doing it, because a townie could still die at random. it's not like tomorrow will give them a better chance at defending themselves if they're just citizen with no information.
Couldn't the person on trial just be a good target for our seery role unless they're dead?

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Why are you glad I said it first?

Are you a mobster trying to avoid saying things that could be perceived as suspicious?
I don't think I can explicitly claim to not be a mobster but obviously nobody wants to be suspicious. IDK I'm used to wolf where that would be seen as bloodthirsty even though it makes sense for the town in this case I think.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I don't think I can explicitly claim to not be a mobster but obviously nobody wants to be suspicious. IDK I'm used to wolf where that would be seen as bloodthirsty even though it makes sense for the town in this case I think.
Well I guess it's a good thing that I'm basically always perceived as blood thirsty. Logic sometimes makes an appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom