Very Important Text-Based D&D discussion

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
Yeah, if it's going to be used on the forums, it needs to be attached somewhere accessible to all groups, so an open forum.
That makes sense. Above is the one I was using. But I'm not as skilled as Ben and I ran out of free trials. I liked the more hornless look of this one, but I liked the more tattoo version that Ben made. I also liked his workshop more , but I wished he had artificer tools like mine. I liked the stoic look of both. I also liked Ben's more steampunk-esque attire.

So I'm torn as to direction. Meh

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
That makes sense. Above is the one I was using. But I'm not as skilled as Ben and I ran out of free trials. I liked the more hornless look of this one, but I liked the more tattoo version that Ben made. I also liked his workshop more , but I wished he had artificer tools like mine. I liked the stoic look of both. I also liked Ben's more steampunk-esque attire.

So I'm torn as to direction. Meh
Hmm...maybe @Ben can hybrid something together for you?

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
So question because this is my first time DnDing and I used reacts to gauge how good my RPing is.

Was my last post too much? Too long? Too wordy? Just not good? Or people just haven't read and/or reacted?

I wanna have fun but I don't wanna bore y'all.

Tuberius of Wadawurrung

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
I really liked it, think of my response not being directly to it as my being in character and my character being slightly worried about breaking the law with a nude tortle haha

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
I didn't didn't want to hound him or make him waste time.
Not at all, bud.

I tried to get close with this one, then went and tweaked it a little in Photoshop, if you wanted the more realistic vibe.

2398742934872.png

Then thinking you might just prefer one of the more Monster Manual type illustrated ones, I got a couple of other options.

9830422304923.png
23987492342.png
28749283749827.png
9384759837593.png
83947395923.png

Last edited:

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
lol @Ben finally breaking the 777, but it's damn worth it with that!!
I clung to it as long as I could.

Slip Away Hard Rock GIF by Better Noise Music

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
Not at all, bud.

I tried to get close with this one, then went and tweaked it a little in Photoshop, if you wanted the more realistic vibe.

View attachment 5719

Then thinking you might just prefer one of the more Monster Manual type illustrated ones, I got a couple of other options.

View attachment 5714
View attachment 5715
View attachment 5716
View attachment 5717
View attachment 5718
@Ben every one of those is fucking perfect! I love them all!

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

Nootie Plucker

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
Wasn't sure what type of DM we were going to get, but I threw together about a page long backstory on my character sheet a few days ago. Nothing super interesting and I'm too indecisive for it all to even be fully set in stone, but hopefully it'll help them come up with stuff to throw at me eventually. I kinda feel like I need to tweak it a bit so Nootie's bonds are a little more relevant and he's not just completely out on his own and separated from his shit, but we'll see.

So question because this is my first time DnDing and I used reacts to gauge how good my RPing is.

Was my last post too much? Too long? Too wordy? Just not good? Or people just haven't read and/or reacted?

I wanna have fun but I don't wanna bore y'all.
I personally thought it was fine, but I think it also heavily depends on your character and the scenario you're in. Tortle's a bard smoking something in the middle of a tavern surrounded by people. Bards are known not only as strictly musicians, but also storytellers, dancers, etc., so it's very fitting. I'd say just try to keep it believable and don't go rambling on about your past to every shopkeeper we come across unless that's something he'd do lmao. My posts have been pretty brief mainly because I want to play Nootie as like a very cautious dude who keeps to himself around strangers. But I did kind of break that a bit for the sake of trying to insert him into things and join the RP practice.

I ran out of free trials.
To my knowledge, the Bing AI generator thing doesn't have a limit like most other sites. Just gets slower when you run out. That's what I used for mine. I made probably a good like 50 penguin pics because I didn't know what species to base Nootie off, and I'm still not 100% into the one I chose, but it works pretty well until you start giving it too many specifics. Couldn't get it to generate a crossbow and a lute in the same picture for the life of me though.

• Agree
Reactions: Jon

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
So I'm by no means trying to rush you guys, I'm just curious, eager, and completely clueless.

Is there any outline of what comes next or best guesses at timelines?

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
So I'm by no means trying to rush you guys, I'm just curious, eager, and completely clueless.

I'm actually trying to wrap up prep for mine and hoping to kick it off in the next few days. I'm just back at work while at the same time being in the low-point of having COVID, so life is a grind.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant

My timeline:

- Finish the Academy Thread (very close)

- Start a Tavern thread to collect a party for my first campaign

- Commence a Session 0 thread to set expectations, assess character sheets, and coordinate possible backgrounds amongst the party and/or the campaign story.

No progress will be made today because today is AEW Dynamite

However I plan to get finished up with the first two bullet points Thursday evening.

Back
Top Bottom