• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

The Hockey Thread

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Crazy not only how this guy is allowed to work in the NHL again, but he gets the privilege of running the team who was a Stanley Cup finalist and currently has the best player to ever grace the sport since Gretzky.
I believe the word you mean is disgusting not crazy

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Like I don't get it.

Holland had done a pretty decent job with this team, and then they just let him walk and hire this POS?

They've done the impossible and made Oiler and Flames fans agree on something.

I believe the word you mean is disgusting not crazy
That too, may the organization suffer years of futility for this POS hiring.

Like I don't get it.

Holland had done a pretty decent job with this team, and then they just let me walk and hire this POS?

They've done the impossible and made Oiler and Flames fans agree on something.
Reeks of desperation in the aftermath of Ken Holland leaving, especially since they were so close to winning the cup. Unfortunately, some organizations don't give a shit when it comes to this sort of thing, and the way Edmonton saw it, they saw him as the most qualified candidate based on his "experience".

They fell into the ole' experience trap, and ended up making a piss poor choice at that. Fucking embarrassing this is. Wouldn't be shocked if someone hired Joel Quenneville either.

Ready for another year of disappointment

Ryan Reynolds Insult GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

don’t really have any words here it just sucks that two lives were cut short rip Johnny and Matthew

Plus, there was a lot of discourse over it because when the rumor broke, people were going crazy over whether it was true or not. Also, people were making disgusting remarks on the situation. Man, people are fucked in the head.

Rick Central FLA.@rickkcenFLThe critics were right. Johnny Gaudreau can't play defense.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
This is gut wrenching. The way he left Calgary, we "hated" him, but that was just silly hockey stuff. No one deserves this. Fuck.....

And apparently they were in town for their sister's wedding. I can't even imagine how she's feeling.

• Sad
Reactions: Jon
This is gut wrenching. The way he left Calgary, we "hated" him, but that was just silly hockey stuff. No one deserves this. Fuck.....
Yeah, it always hurts seeing one of your best players walk as a free agent, so to have that bit of resentment is understandable. But even still, no one in their right mind wishes this to happen to the guy. This is just awful all around.

And apparently they were in town for their sister's wedding. I can't even imagine how she's feeling.
Makes it all the more tragic. Here they were about to celebrate on their sister's wedding day and this happens. :(

Fuck drunk driving
This so much. And regardless, it was reckless what the driver did. The person was behind a slow moving vehicle, illegally went to pass it by going into the opposite lane, then tried to get back into the correct lane, but the driver in front of them was trying to give Johnny and Matthew space on their bikes, and so decides to swerve all the way to the right and ends up hitting the Gaudreau brothers from behind.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Yeah I had read through that earlier and I just..... That's so fucking horrendous.....

Like, if this fuckstain could have just waited an entire fucking minute. 1. Fucking. Minute.

View attachment 19747
every new detail about this story just paints a sadder and sadder picture. not just drinking and driving but drinking WHILE driving...and the crash only happened because he assumed the driver of the other car was as much of an asshole as he is.
Here's a bit from the court proceedings and this asshole isn't showing one bit of remorse. You know what, to hell with throwing him in prison. This fucker should be executed on the spot.

The Boston Bruins are noted as the heaviest team in the NHL, averaging in at 207lbs. Second tallest after Vegas too. With the way things are going, I have a hunch the NHL's going to be getting bigger from here on out as many teams appear to be prioritizing size again.

The Boston Bruins are noted as the heaviest team in the NHL, averaging in at 207lbs. Second tallest after Vegas too. With the way things are going, I have a hunch the NHL's going to be getting bigger from here on out as many teams appear to be prioritizing size again.
Don’t get me wrong… I like the skill but I miss the physical game that I watched as a kid in the 80s and 90s

Don’t get me wrong… I like the skill but I miss the physical game that I watched as a kid in the 80s and 90s
Can't speak for the 80s as I wasn't even born yet, but as far as my early days of watching hockey go, I'm more on the contrary because while I did appreciate the physical game back then, the one thing I don't miss is the slog hockey that made for boring games.

Can't speak for the 80s as I wasn't even born yet, but as far as my early days of watching hockey go, I'm more on the contrary because while I did appreciate the physical game back then, the one thing I don't miss is the slog hockey that made for boring games.
Oh, I don't miss the Claude Julien win every game 0-0. I miss the big hits, the power forwards clearing the net for the snipers and making the guy standing in front of your goalie bruised for being in your house.

Back
Top Bottom